July 20, 2019, 01:16:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: volume for biceps  (Read 21811 times)
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2015, 05:14:51 PM »

Now this in my opinion highlights one of the most fascinating aspects of the "natural" bodybuilding community. From my experience of conversations with those one the assisted side of the sport this attitude of trying to be macho by eschewing attempts at understanding "why" is far less prevalent.

There is a counter culture that conversations like this highlight; those that become aggressive towards any attempt to analyse, study or decipher what works and more importantly why when it comes to training and dieting. The most rewarding part of what we do for many trainees, myself included, be it bodybuilding, powerlifting or any sports whereby you are seeking optimise your training to achieve the most bang for your buck, is in working what the best way to get the job done is and why.

It is the nature of intelligence to seek efficiency in any endeavour, otherwise we would be sitting in cave banging bits of rock together and scratching our thick, furrowed brows  Grin

Trow

« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2015, 06:26:50 PM »

Now this in my opinion highlights one of the most fascinating aspects of the "natural" bodybuilding community. From my experience of conversations with those one the assisted side of the sport this attitude of trying to be macho by eschewing attempts at understanding "why" is far less prevalent.

There is a counter culture that conversations like this highlight; those that become aggressive towards any attempt to analyse, study or decipher what works and more importantly why when it comes to training and dieting. The most rewarding part of what we do for many trainees, myself included, be it bodybuilding, powerlifting or any sports whereby you are seeking optimise your training to achieve the most bang for your buck, is in working what the best way to get the job done is and why.

It is the nature of intelligence to seek efficiency in any endeavour, otherwise we would be sitting in cave banging bits of rock together and scratching our thick, furrowed brows  Grin

Definitely, I also think the problem within BB is that building muscle or losing fat are fairly straight forward. In that, to gain muscle, you weight train and eat a caloric excess. Because it's simple and easy to get 'a' result, people completely dismiss any scientific approach. They fail to realise that weight training and energy balance is explained by science anyway, but they also fail to understand the difference between what works and what works optimally. When we discuss all the intricacies, and a detailed scientific approach to training, we might only be talking about ways to gain an extra lb or 2 a year, or an extra few kilos on the deadlift, but to competitive natural athletes, that is an important difference.
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2015, 06:54:18 PM »

It is the nature of intelligence to seek efficiency in any endeavour, otherwise we would be sitting in cave banging bits of rock together and scratching our thick, furrowed brows  Grin

I'd be making you all your bison stew for tea. #paleo
Achappell

« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2015, 08:02:45 PM »

We're certainly getting some mileage out of this thread.

This is just my opinion of course but I've never considered Ben Pakulski to be any better than a mid tier guy. 11th at the Olympia, for me that's about his level when faced with better bodybuilders. I've always thought his physique was too unbalanced. To suggest Ben went backwards though when he started thinking more about the science of the sport is laughable  Roll Eyes  It sounds like nothing more than pure conjecture. There could be any number of reasons why his physique is in declined (in your opinion). I'd say you couldn't rule out the hernia he's carried for the past few years, maybe his coaches really weren't that good rather than the science. There's a whole host of variables that could play a part, anyone that's ever competed will know no two preps are ever alike. Time of course will tell how we'll remember Ben. It probably wont be for the banging rocks together approach.

natchrules

Natchrule muscle

Email
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2015, 08:33:28 AM »

I guess im a bro scientist then guys, its not a problem i mean your science is obviously working for you so carry on doing what you love...

I will carry on lifting heavy and making gains year after year while you  research the best way to gain muscle!

You can hate on my bro science but its worked for me and many others so there must be truth in it.

and the same for some scientific lifters, your science has worked for you as you make gains on your brain muscle and not your physique!
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2015, 11:16:39 AM »

Hahaha do you hear yourself?

why are you so anti science?  you do know that many of the guys you are insulting  are British champions? I.e they have built enough muscle and obtained enough condition to beat both bro and science orientated bodybuilders in the rest of the country

it's fine to say I think many over think the process and the majority of people with a small amount of knowledge and a ton of hard work can get far. I would agree. but your attitude towards those who spend EXTRA time and effort (as they are still working hard in the gym and in meal prep) is laughable.

maybe you are not seeing straight from your myopic fixation on 3D delts. maybe when your gainz upon gainz start to dry up and you need to think how to keep progressing your attitude might change?
Trow

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2015, 11:24:41 AM »

Natchrules must be trolling, it all started with his 3D delt mission.
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2015, 11:28:23 AM »

Natchrules must be trolling, it all started with his 3D delt mission.

yeah, I should stop biting. its probably Dean up to normal tricks Smiley
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2015, 11:35:21 AM »

http://youtu.be/CVMBcjxWJkk

Natch Rules is Milton Berry is Dean?

If this is the case then there is some very high brow Trollin going on here lol

Edit: just noticed the tats don't match...so potentially this is a trolling situation

Natch Rules - hmmm - entertaining work

To have Instagram aswell points towards this being a genuine poster http://instagram.com/natch_rules/#
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2015, 12:16:51 PM »

Why are you so angry, natch?
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2015, 12:19:44 PM »

Dave, here is natch's youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/CRITICallADVICE Smiley
Turpin

« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2015, 02:00:01 PM »

Disturbing  Undecided

T.
natchrules

Natchrule muscle

Email
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2015, 07:33:47 PM »

I guess i am making a bit of a fool of myself think i'll shut up now lol
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2015, 09:42:36 PM »

Lol, don't worry, man. We all have opinions.
Tez

Email
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2015, 11:48:06 PM »

Must say though natch that if you did a journal I'd be an avid follower!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements