July 23, 2019, 03:07:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sick of oats? try semolina :)  (Read 3628 times)
Nate

« on: June 01, 2015, 11:00:14 AM »

hey guys, thought id share this with you. not new by any stretch but might help one or two people who are sick of oats.
just copy and pasted post. so I apologise.

So to kick start the recipe ideas i thought id share a personal favorite of mine.

during my contest prep this year i got so sick of oats, porridge, oatmeal. you know it, that lovely little white/brownish grain that is super good for you and versatile. Consuming it often enough though, much like anything, i got sick of it.

Drum roll please! in walks in semolina, coarse of course.

its durum wheat, and is used to make pasta, couscous and various other things. However, try this!

60g of coarse semolina
 30g of a vanilla whey protein powder
 1 serving of a sweetener (if you have a sweeter tooth)cinnamon to top

throw into a saucepan your semolina, boiling water in, ensuring to stir constantly otherwise it clumps up. Once you've stirred a few times and seperated it all to constant consistency you can stop stirring as often.

Make the whey in a shaker with a small amount of water and then just pour in to the semolina, stir again. wait for it to be cooked i.e thickened up and not as fluid. here you would chuck in the sweetener if youd like.

bowl, cinnamon to top. enjoy.

nom nom nom
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements