January 20, 2019, 10:53:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Groovemasters journal (advice wanted along the way)  (Read 5649 times)
Groovemaster

« on: July 03, 2015, 06:17:34 PM »

Thought I'd start a fresh journal as I never updated my old one!

Il attached a picture of my progress so far for those who didn't read my first journal.

I'm currently hovering around 140/145lbs and have been for months so I'm going to start posting my diet and  training sessions in the hope someone will spot a trend that's stopping me progressing.

I seem to yoyo quite drastically with my weight and just a slight change it cals will show within a few days.

Posts to follow with current pictures/diet/training.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to the advice👍

Groovemaster

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 06:19:09 PM »

Back in 2013 approx 120lb and the back end of 2014 at my heaviest 150lb

[attachment expired]
Groovemaster

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 06:21:07 PM »

Weight today 143lbs

[attachment expired]
Groovemaster

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 06:21:59 PM »

[attachment expired]
Groovemaster

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 06:32:59 PM »

I train at home mostly, legs I do when I can. The heats got my knee up like a balloon so no legs this week. I really do need to crack on and build some mass on the old pins I only do bodyweight and still get a sore knee the day after.

I don't have a set weekly split due to work commitments and juggling childcare between me and missis but I always manage to get everything done at some point during the week

A normal week would be split as follows

Some weeks il leave arms and give them there own day or tag on after delts

Back/biceps
Chest/triceps
Rest
Legs
Delts
Rest
Rest
Groovemaster

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 06:59:41 PM »

Trained Delts today

[attachment expired]
Groovemaster

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 08:50:35 PM »

DIET

Currently at 2800
I have the same morning shake religiously
Oats
Whey
PB
Whole milk
847cals

Dinner
3.5oz steamed cod
150g basmati rice
Green veg
480cals

Tea
Steamed chicken breast
150g basmati rice
644cals

Snacks at work (14hr night shifts)
Chopped apple with 40g Red Leicester
Hard boiled egg
Shake with water, oats and whey

Daily macros add up to roughly
Protein 160g
Carbs 350g
Fats 80g

Groovemaster

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 06:07:51 PM »

Last weeks back and seperate chest day.

Anyone care to critique my current training routines?

[attachment expired]
Nate

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 03:40:12 PM »

how tall are you man!?? that weight shocked me a  little lol
Groovemaster

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 05:07:17 PM »

How come  Cheesy

I'm 5'6
Nate

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 03:44:02 PM »

ah okay, 5'6 isn't massively tall, I was just going to say that was pretty light lol. no offence intended at all either by the way.

there isn't much to go on with that split, how is your lifting orientated? heavy compounds?
rep ranges? set schemes?
eddias

aiming for under 10%

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 04:04:17 PM »

Hello Groove,

So the goal is to pack on some size?, if so you are going to have to have a legs day and slowly build it up. As Nate says let us know your set and rep range plus how many exercises you are doing per body part.

Groovemaster

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 06:08:25 PM »

So its been a while but I've be productive!

Decided to start my first cut after 3 long years of bulking.

Im about 10 weeks in and down from 148lbs to 136lbs!

Can't believe how much fat I was holding on to! I started the cut at around 3000cals and dropped slowly down to 2000.

No cardio whats so ever and training upper - day off - lower - day off - repeat with the odd 2 days rest between.

Working mainly on compounds as Im short for time and trying to maintain mass till Im upping cals again.

-Incline hammer strength press - 5 sets of 8 working up to 40kg for 5
-Standing bb ohp - 5 sets of 8 working down from 35kg to around 20kg
-Rack pulls - 5 sets of 6 working up to 90kg
-45degree leg press - 5 sets of 8 working up to 70kg for 8

Iv lost loads of strength, my db incline press went down to 22 for 8 from 26 for 8/6. Iv picked up a few niggles along the way which Im unsure if its related or just coincidence but my wrists and right elbow have been pretty soar so Im wearing wraps on every lift and swapped bd/s for hammer strength to decrease the grip and forearm use which seems to be helping.

I wanted to get down to 10% body fat and start again now Im a lot wiser and smarter with regards to diet and training and hoping to build some decent muscle this time and minimise fat!

After dropping all the fat Im seeing how little mass Iv built on my chest and Im left with some pretty horrible fat around my nips/lower chest! Im wanting some advice as to carry on dieting down to see if it drops off or start building again and hope I regain some shape. Maybe work decline for a couple of month?

Im unsure of my body fat % if anyone can hazard a guess? Lower abs have a fatty layer and like I said I have some decent fat around my lower pecs.

Also, Im down to 2000cals around 140p 70f 250c and some days Im eating around 1600 if Im not hungry. Cheat meal/refeeds twice a week. Would it be counter productive to drop cals even more to shift this last bit? I few mates have said I shouldn't really be any lower on my intake and to keep them around 2200 and add some cardio. I really don't have the time to add any cardio in nor do I wish to!

[attachment expired]
Groovemaster

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 08:53:09 PM »

Also Im putting together a strength gaining program once I come off my cut.
We have a second bambino due end of the year so Im planning ahead and bought a power rack so I can sneak off and train at any point without worrying if its rush hour at gym or its closed.

Will be focusing on compounds again as times always an issue! And maybe a couple of isolation days a month.

So Im thinking..

Barbell bench press (may stick to flat and progress or switch to incline/decline each session?)
Deadlifts
BB OHP
Pullup/Chins alternated each session and progress into weighted
Squats hopefully! Been shying away and sticking to leg press as I have a serious posterior pelvic tilt that I need to figure out.
Lunges and RDL also on lower day

Hopefully this will cover every muscle group as I can keep this program pretty consistant even when Im stuck for time and or I miss a day im not playing catch up!

Not sure wether or not to keep rep ranges around 8 like Im doing at the minute or drop/raise reps/sets?

Will be the same split upper-rest-lower-rest-repeat with the odd 2 days off
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements