October 17, 2018, 06:55:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bench press competitions.  (Read 4571 times)
Nate

« on: September 17, 2015, 10:43:29 PM »

Hey guys and gals, searching Google and can't find what I'm looking for.
I'm looking to dip my toe into powerlifting, by entering a bench press contest first as it's my strongest lift.
Can't find anything online?
Any ideas on where to look where to go etc would be greatly appreciated
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 10:58:12 PM »

BDFPA do all single lift comps. check events page on website (www.bdfpa.co.uk)

single lift comp in Wales coming up - sometimes as a promoter of an event if they will accept single lifts ifanevent doesnt state as often they will - especially pat in west midlands comps
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 03:05:28 PM »

Yeah most of the time you can just turn up and do your lift and register that for single lifts or just for fun. Otherwise at regionals no one cares who wins and they're all there to support you for your PB's etc.

At my first - a push/pull - I had a bad back so went for the bench and couldn't deadlift. Did 170 on the bench which was great and then decided to do the deadlift really light anyway. Felt a little better in warm up but still weak so did 160/190/200. No where near anyone else my weight (or under for that matter) but was loads of fun, good experience, and I'm very glad I bothered to deadlift.

You'll be surprised. It all feels slightly easier in comps. Crowd, great equipment, adrenaline etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements