June 23, 2018, 09:30:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
 BULK POWDERS
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chronicles of the physique culturist ...  (Read 99012 times)
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #720 on: June 06, 2018, 02:57:07 PM »

Well Matthew if you followed my blog, you would find out. (It's yoga in a heated room)

Definitely a good supplementary thing for all sports tbh - I'm finding it very beneficial for weight training.
DDG

Email
« Reply #721 on: June 07, 2018, 05:16:10 AM »

Great to see you back training again, mate.  Smiley

Thanks Si  Smiley

Just put another session together a little earlier - upper body again as I'm not yet strong enough in my lower back to entertain leg training.

At 6.30pm this evening I'm doing a yoga beginner's class. Will be interesting.

Have you looked at hot yoga? I cannot say I know much about it but was talking to Nicola about it last week and she explained its benefits so I am looking to give it a go myself

I have heard of hot yoga but confess I know nothing about it, nor have I looked it up to check it out. Maybe something to consider ...

DDG

Email
« Reply #722 on: June 07, 2018, 05:19:34 AM »

Ooh glad I got you interested! I must say I am *loving* my hot yoga. I've tried yoga in the past but never stuck with it, but there's something different about this.

Dean - I hope the yoga is a benefit to you in general and particularly with the current niggles. I'm far from a yoga expert but obviously tell the teacher your injuries/issues and they will advise on which poses not to do, or give you modifications etc.

Thanks Nic. I hope so too. I turned up to the class and unfortunately it was full the other evening, probably due to the glorious weather, so I returned home. I've been told I can go same time next week. Eventually eh?
DDG

Email
« Reply #723 on: June 07, 2018, 07:33:14 PM »

Back to doing push/pull.

Also back to benching today. Very light, but still it's progress. Incline bench, flat dumbbell and dips. The kneeling dumbbell shoulder press, seated side laterals. Close grip ez bench and dumbbell triceps extensions to finish.
DDG

Email
« Reply #724 on: June 10, 2018, 07:19:27 PM »

Two more workouts in the bag and gradually my back is becoming stronger. I've done pull and push, incorporating some leg work (glute ham raises and sissy squats) in my pull-workout.

Things are moving in the right direction. Smiley
DDG

Email
« Reply #725 on: June 13, 2018, 08:44:32 PM »

Back has been a bit sore mainly induced by seating at work. Anyhow progress there is being made because I've recently had a workplace assessment and will soon be receiving a standing desk. I already have a wooden based chair to sit on which is great.

I'm now configuring quad work in my push workout and hamstrings in my back workout. First time for everything. Obviously the leg work is relatively light at the moment as I'm simply doing body weight and some weighted sissy squats at the end of my push workout. Ditto for GHRs at the end of my back workout. Seems to be doing the trick.

I've lost size on my legs but this actually looks better in clothes since my legs are big anyway. I'm down to 10 1/2 stones and my abs are now also sharper than below.

Staying healthy is the aim and so far so good.
DDG

Email
« Reply #726 on: June 19, 2018, 05:31:44 PM »

Training is happening on a fairly frequent and almost daily basis. I'm still following a pattern of one half my body as 'push' and the other as 'pull'.

Tonight was a 'pull' session.

Currently I'm prioritising my lower back so I begin with 5 sets of 20 reps back extensions. Then I complete 5 sets of glute ham raises.

From here 5 sets of wide pronated grip pull-ups, 2 sets of close supinated grips pull-ups and 3 sets of dumbbell curls. To finish I did 4 sets of rear delt flyes with a 5kg plates lying over a bench and emphasising full range and contraction at the top.

All done in around 35 minutes. Back looks pretty wide and hamstrings haven't gone anywhere. Quads have lost some size as I'm still only tickling them with baby weights but my chest and delts are no on their way back up.

It's amazing just how quickly my body seems to respond. I just have to keep my diet good and then everything falls into place when I'm able to train properly.

My back isn't 100% but it's improving all the time, which is good.
DDG

Email
« Reply #727 on: June 21, 2018, 07:09:24 PM »

Yesterday I walked a lot. In fact I'm pretty much averaging about 6 miles a day. Today was the same and I did a push workout tonight.

Twenty sets for upper body and five for quads.

Incline bench x 4
Flat flyes x 3
Military press x 4
Side laterals x 4
Dips x 3
One arm dumbbell extensions x 3
Leg press x 5 sets

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements