February 20, 2019, 05:17:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Petro, WNBF Pro  (Read 10554 times)
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« on: October 17, 2015, 03:30:49 PM »

Welcoming Martin Petro, 2015 WNBF International Middleweight and Overall Champion, and WNBF Pro.

Here to answer all your questions at Natural Muscle.  Cool
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 03:53:22 PM »

Do you believe in Flexible Dieting and hitting certain macro targets with a balance of healthy food and fitting some treats into your diet, or just clean eating?
petrominator

WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 04:27:47 PM »

First of all I would like to thank you Jon for putting me here with other great champions! Really appreciate it. It is a pleasure to join such a names in natural bodybuilding world.

Dan - yes I do believe in flexible dieting (you can call it whatever you want) - it all depend what you want - if you wanna be a top class bodybuilder onstage then you have to pay more attention to it but still can enjoy some odd treats. I believe that your diet (lifestyle) should be enjoyable in the first place (maybe except couple of weeks before the show). We all have jobs and families and other things beside bodybuilding so you have to stay flexible but still do your best. Just my point of view on this.
Mezza

www.Mezza-TurboNox.com

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 07:27:48 PM »

Now then Mr M
You have been very busy this year first and foremost congratulations on your recent achievements in the world of on stage Natural Bodybuilding you really are "Quote from the Big Russion in Rocky IV - LIKE A PIECE OF IRON !

So my first Question for you Champ is ....

With you doing quite a lot of shows over the years gone buy experiencing the Highs and lows of being a competitive bodybuilder I know you have had a few wobbly moments a few weeks ago with your contest prep diet can you describe to me and the people who have not yet stood on stage to compete  what it feels like to stay on a diet almost all year describe the Journey eg From a chunk to a Champ.

Cheers
M

petrominator

WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 01:05:24 PM »

Mr.Mezzaaaaa thank you!!! They used to call me "russian" when I was in the UK joining WT (wing tsun classes) not sure why  Grin

I will answer your question - in 17 days time - after WNBF Worlds - when my competitive season this year will end. Its a good question - I will wrap it up and write from the beginning this year where and how it all started. Thanks Mezza.

M.
MJP
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 10:00:36 AM »

Good luck Martin with all you do.  Cool I would like to ask you...How did it feel winning the UIBBN World title in your home country back in 2012? I know you were happy (to say the least), and you gradually got better and better over that season, ending up in your best ever shape at the UIBBN Worlds! So it worked out well! And was it always your plan to have a competitive break from then up to this year? And finally, once you had conquered the UIBBN, did your thoughts immediately or gradually move on to competing in the WNBF with the goal of conquering that world too?  Cool
petrominator

WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 08:41:40 PM »

Thank you Michael. 12 days until WNBF Worlds in Atlantic city - my first time on stage overseas... Cant wait. To answer your question... Year 2012 was great - i was very focused and driven, highly motivated to compete for the first time in my home country in front of my family, parents, brothers, friends...I had eye of the tiger and was very hungry for winning. It felt amazing after announcing me as a winner U-80kg category at the UIBBN Worlds. Remember leaving as a last one, just me and my mum...it was around 11pm. When I got home I couldnt sleep so I didnt sleep at all - was writing my diary and of course - I was eating :-) It was my best shape ever even tho I lost some precious muscles in the process - diet was too long - I started in march and UIBBN Worlds were held in November 17th if I remember. I weighted in at 75kg morning of the show but still competed in U-80kg class - felt good and full. That was it. I only knew one thing - that I wanna change my life and after 8 years living in UK I decided to move back home to Slovakia - not for long as after Christmas the same year I moved to Prague, Czech, were I am based to this day working as a PT. Your another question - no, my plan was to have one year off from stage and come back in 2014 - but life planned something else - I was working hard, training at my best - squat 220kgx5, deadlift 255kgx1 and benchpress 1x160kg (all official lifts from local powerlifting competition except squat) all at around 90kg BW. I felt great and was ready to start with my diet for 2014. But...I broke up with my girlfriend and this took a lot from my life - I couldnt focuse and I felt like one big mess. At the same time - my phone rang - dad on the phone - my younger brother (20 years old) was diagnosed with varlate cancer and had to go for operation straight away - it was a big shock for all our family. It was around that time I wanted to start with my diet(february/march 2014). I trained harder than ever - my workouts were fueled by anger. But I knew I cannot compete - I just couldnt focused on competiton only - and I knew to bring my best I have to have the eye of the tiger again. So decided to skip this year competing.  I think my thoughts moved gradually towards UKDFBA and WNBF...in the process. As I couldnt comepte with NPA any more...UKDFBA International was my only option if I wanted to go back to UK and compete. And yes, I had that idea in my mind for some time - people like Jon Harris, one of my great idols - I always visualized myself winning the WNBF Worlds, standing there with big trophy...Then Mark Oaks who competed and won in 2013 I believe and of course big Rich G....and other Brits. Slowely but surely I started to believe in myself more and more. And here I am, with my Wnbf Pro card 12 days before WNBF World Championships...
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 09:22:19 PM »

I hope your brother is on the road to recovery Martin. It was great to see you back on a UK stage this year.

At the start of prep - do you diet high or low carbs? Fats? Protein? And what adjustments do you make as you progress through the season and closer to shows to keep things moving in the right direction?
petrominator

WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 07:01:29 PM »

Thank you Toby, appreciete your words. My brother - hopefuly he is going to be ok - still waiting for one more operation.
I will write more about this year contest prep if you are interesting after my season is over in couple of days - there should be more time for the keyboard! But the main point for me was staying lean in the offeason - I started with my diet in march for UKDFBA contest and since than lost only 5-7kg.
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 12:03:49 AM »

Sometimes life takes us by suprise, best wishes to your brother mate  Smiley

I did not know you had competed in powerlifting! It does not suprise me though as you have always been an exceptionally strong bodybuilder. That is a massive deadlift in particular.

would you mind giving us an outline of your training and the philosophy behind it? Also are you considering having another go at powerlifting competition during your next offseason?

Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 11:53:28 AM »

I'd love to hear more once you're back home and have time to type Smiley

I hadn't realised you're in Prague now. I have a cousin and Aunt there - next time I visit, let's train together Cheesy
Adam

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2015, 12:50:50 AM »

Congratulations on your success so far this season and all the best for this weekend.  Interested to see your response to how your diet looked this year.  Would you be able to outline what supplements you use on a regular basis on top of your diet.  Thanks in advance  Smiley
petrominator

WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 04:38:52 PM »

Hey David - thanks mate! Well, it was not a powerlifting competition - one was just deadlift contest and the other one was deadlift+benhcpress ( and it was not natural as I dont believe here in Czech is natural federation for that...). But I just tested myself and for the first time did quiet good job. Might give it a go next year too, will see. My training and philosophy - well, I try to stick with basics - both in training and with my nutrition too, basically doing squats - deadlift - benchpress - shoulder press as my main lifts and everything else I will just rotate around this lifts. Most of my workouts I spent in power rack...As for my nutrition - I try and eat lots of food - most of it organic and natural sources - in past 3 years - I can count on one hand how many cheat meals/foods I had...If you interesting in detailed training program I can send it to you by email. Hope this helps. Best wishes to you Dave and also wish you all the best for next year if you decide to compete!
petrominator

WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

Email
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 05:17:41 PM »

Nic - yes, once my competitive season in 2012 was over - I`ve decided to move back home to Slovakia - but didn`t stay there long - moved to Prague in Czech where I am now working as a PT. Let me know any time you here - would be great to see you and have a session here ;-)
Well, just landed back "home" in Prague from Atlantic city last friday...and now I am in Slovakia in my parents house for a week, still resting and enjoying life from different angle...
Where to start to answer Mezza`s question and yours - as most of you know - my last contest was in 2012 - after that I had other things to focused on - especially my new job in Prague. I had no plans at all, just left everything flow with life...but I was thinking about competing in 2014 as I really missed being onstage. But at the beginning of that year - I faced some difficulties in my personal life - breakdown with my girlfriend - and then my younger brother was diagnosed with a cancer - and top it off with my job and financial struggle - as much as I was training hard I couldnt have that focus for 100% contest prep that year...So year 2014 was out. I kept training hard and imrpoving my weak points (back&arms). My focus was now on 2015 year and "my comeback". I promised myself that doesn`t matter what will happen - I will make it happen that year - all my focus was on UKDFBA show and PRO CARD. So in 2015 - march/april - I started my contest prep. Many weeks ahead of the show in October...but I was just so exciting to compete again I couldnt wait any longer! No big changes in my diet - I just cleaned all stuff like milk, cheese, dark choc., dried fruit and fresh fruit big portions from my diet - I started with 6 meals a day and gradually changed it to 5 meals a day. I had carbohydrates with meal 1, meal 2 and meal 3 - and after workout around 60g carbs on training days, so I could have around 250-300g of carbs per day max. I didn`t count fat and protein, only carbohydrates (but only after 2-3months from start of my diet). I kept everything constant, no carb cycling, nothing like that - there was no need. At the beginning of June - I went to Hungary and competed with INBA, it was Grand Prix of Hungary and came 2nd in my class. It was a good experience, I met some nice people. My weight was around 85-86kg - my heaviest onstage so far. I was happy with my progress and with how I looked. On the day of this contest - I was thinking about flying to Dubai and compete at the World Championships INBA...It was crazy and it was just starting point for me but I said to myself, lets do it, why not, its about nothing. So without any changes(same as for Hungarian GP) with food or water I went to Dubai - one week after Hungarian GP. I kept everything the same - didnt wanna manipulate with water or changing my food as this was not my priority this year. I placed 5th in the finals and was happy with progress and how I looked. Especially in tough class with many world class competitors...But I didnt enjoy it - this federation - it felt everything wrong - I will not go into details here but I just didnt feel "connected" with this federation - I felt like all they care about is money. Good experience and at least I can compare now.
Summer 2015 - I had a big opportunity go to San Diego in California with one of my client - so I went - it was for 5 weeks. I wasnt sure as I was worried about my contest prep - training, food, posing, cardio etc...But I made my decision and I went...
It was great - I trained in World Gym - one of the best gym I have ever been and trained!! Seriously...old school all the way...amazing people, atmosphere...all this machines and free weights...I felt like in heaven!!! I was travel a lot on weekends - it was not easy at the time...I had lots of up&downs...struggled many times...was grumpy....cheated on my diet...I felt lost many times being there...But at the end...it was amazing experience and I am very gratefull that I was there...I came back to Prague in september, just couple of weeks before UKDFBA show. I felt I am in my best shape ever...It was one of the toughest prep ever as I had to deal with some injuries this year for the first time - my left leg and my right shoulder...it was pain in the ass...but...thats life - it was harder then before but not impossible. I just wanted it so badly - I had the eye of the tiger - my motivation was sky high....My training was basic - almost didnt change it at all...just added some cardio after weights(20min.). And I started my old time "favorite" lunges every morning - 300 lunges every morning - 7 days a week - rain - snow - hot - never skipped one day without it.
Diet wise - after my diet progress through the year - and I needed to loose more fat - I started with carb cycling - high carb day - medium and low and then repeat...high carb day would be for me with 100g extra carbs from clean sources like oats, brown rice or rice cakes...thats it. And I just kept doing this right up until UKDFBA show.
Ok time for dinner now  Grin

Hope you gonna like my answer - I could go more into details but can leave it for part 2  Wink
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 05:59:28 PM »

I forgot about the Petro Lunges!

Great write up and congrats again on achieving exactly what you set out to do, even if the route there was a little bumpy.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements