April 18, 2019, 07:16:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Processed Meat causes Cancer  (Read 11297 times)
Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« on: October 26, 2015, 06:21:48 PM »

So the world health organisation has today announced processes see meat causes bowel cancer increasing risk up to 18%.

Processed meat is now in the same bracket for carcinogens as smoking, asbestos and diesel fumes.

Two thoughts, the first being I'm glad I opt to follow clean eating with cheat meals rather than IIFYM protocol and IMO this backs up my thoughts on that.

Another being that when they tried to link meat eating to cancer once they filtered out the processed meat it seemed to lose the correlation. It seems to be the added chemicals rather than the meat. IMO this is why vegans get confused between thinking that their choice is the best for health and that meat causes cancer I believe it is the chemicals in processed meat rather than the meat itself. Perhaps more research will prove this.

Any thoughts or opinions?
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 07:18:45 PM »

It all ponders another question too. When they lead us down roads in the past with poor quality observational studies warning us about saturated fat, red meat, meat in general, grains, high fat diets, high carb diets etc. Perhaps they were scape goats to distract us from the real correlation and cause being chemical additives such as preservatives, sweeteners, emulsifiers, pesticides and the like.
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 08:24:44 PM »

Someone showed me an article today saying red meat is considered as bad as processed meat. Beef, lamb and pork in particular.
Jaymz

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 08:58:42 PM »

I agree Damon, I don't think it's the meat that's the problem. It's the chemicals they add to it to preserve it, colour it etc that's the problem. These chemicals were not used in foods 50 years ago. There was also a lower cancer rate 50 years ago... A definate link I think.
This is the reason I haven't eaten pork for over 4 years, only eat beef once a week. Also stopped eating fish because of mercury levels and radiation. End of the day, the food industry is ALL about profit and they don't care about any health issues that may be caused by the addition of these chemicals, especially if it can take 20-30 years for them to take effect.
I totally understand why people choose a vegan diet, or even a raw vegan diet. My brother is raw vegan and making great gains in the gym... I may yet be converted👍
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 09:25:30 PM »

Someone showed me an article today saying red meat is considered as bad as processed meat. Beef, lamb and pork in particular.

I'd like to see the studies on this and the reasons behind the hypothesis as this is an old theory these meats are usually the ones most heavily processed. I don't understand why red meat would be dangerous is it the fat content perhaps higher levels of igf-1? I don't believe that red meat is an issue when not processed. Perhaps the high levels of acidity in the body could be an issue if veg is not eaten in conjunction with a high protein diet.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 09:39:10 PM »

It's very difficult to determine that red meat could cause cancer too as they would need to conduct a study separating people who eat processed red meat and the ones who only eat none processed clean cuts of red meat. You can imagine how hard this study would be to conduct.
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 04:25:31 PM »

Yeah I agree. I assume the only way would be through cultural studies and diets within certain groups of people across the world?

Maybe its something to do with digestion? Who knows but apparently red meat is notoriously hard to digest and takes a long time?
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 01:17:32 PM »

Layne on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEF6LZ-Gy_g
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 10:12:39 PM »

Without watching it I already know what Laynes stance will be.

I am going to watch it though  Smiley
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 10:38:13 PM »

Without watching it I already know what Laynes stance will be.

hahaha yeah, exactly that, not hard to predict
LiftHard

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 05:39:00 AM »

I know, it's old...However I felt that it was significant enough to bump...Ever wonder why people get lung cancer whom never smoked (no secondhand)? People are getting all sorts of cancers, diseases, etc., yet live a relative normal life (no smoking, no drinking, no drugs, drank water most of the time, etc.). Why?

Chemicals in our water, air, and food supply....Period!...Chemicals = poison....Now, for the chemist reading this, u know what I mean by "chemicals=poison"....

Anyway, I think EVERYONE who loves their life, regardless of whether or not they bodybuild, powerlift, or just plain lift , whatever we all should be concerned about what is going into our bodies...
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 10:40:36 AM »

This doesn't explain how people in remote areas of undeveloped countries get cancer. Or how tiny babies get cancer. Yes it's good to be concerned about what goes into our bodies but to reduce the entire topic of cancers to "chemicals" is dodgy ground IMO.
LiftHard

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 12:07:40 PM »

Not just cancer...Alot of diseases are exasperated or drawn out by these chemicals...Take a coke for instance, look at the listed ingredients...If those are a bunch of chemicals waded up into one item, then I don't know what is...Also, research each and everyone of those ingredients and see if u really don't think "chemicals" are  an significant issue...THen when u get done with the coke, pick another to research and so on and so on...I doubt u will make it thru the first...

As far as 3rd world countries, true, they may not h ave the chem prob, however, I don't think they are any better off in this world...I was basically talking about countries that are developed and think they have the best of everything...We don't...It's an illusion, Nic...
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 12:08:55 PM »

You're probably a conspiracy theorist too, aren't you?
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 02:12:09 PM »

The devil is in the dose.

IMO this is a silly conversation.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements