July 18, 2019, 10:21:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum powerlifters  (Read 33225 times)
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 02:56:49 PM »

Thanks Glen! (I was told to try shoes before I buy - will be a lot easier not to do so tbh!)
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 03:06:14 PM »

ot would be great to try before buying but hardly any shop holds them so it comes down to knowing someone who has them to try in if ypu are lucky
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 04:51:58 PM »

What size are you?

Do-wins are real bowling shoe style squat shoes, I have never had a pair but I love the idea of the wooden sole and how little they care about looking cool, gives them a feel of authenticity.

For dogs rollock's shoes the Nike Romaloes and Addidas power perfect are hard to beat.

The only real way to try them is through the friends and acquaintances, I have had a few people send me squat suits etc over the last few years to see how I get on with them and likewise I try to spread the love.

The other option for trying them is to order something out of the Reebok cross fit range which seem to get good reviews. You can find them online easy enough and can just return them if the fit is not right.

Joe Lyon

Moving forward, inch by inch

Email
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 04:56:48 PM »

I love my do-wins, the missus thinks they are geeky and golfish but I prefer to call them retro Wink
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 07:11:32 PM »

Well I like to think I can make anything look stylish *insert hair-flick emoji here* so I don't really mind how trendy the shoes are. They will become trendy by affixing themselves to my feet Tongue

I'm a normal shoe size 6 and I guess my feet a little wide if anything.

Hoping to borrow/try a singlet from my training buddy (she's out at the BPU Worlds at the mo and has just set a couple of World records Cheesy) and I can try her belt to see if the type/thickness suits me. I doubt we're the same shoe size though.
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 07:41:04 PM »

Just tried to order a belt off that German site. God knows what I did but I have an order reference but haven't paid. Wie komme ich am besten zum bahnhof, bitte?
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 08:51:31 PM »

Do wins rock. I currently have adipowers which cost three times as much and are great shoes but right now if I was buying a pair Do wins would be what I would choose
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2015, 09:32:49 PM »

I'll admit vanity took over with me and I was put off of do wins by the look of them. I know, terrible attitude.

Mid range have crossfit shoes as Dave said. Still have the heel but more flexible soles and can wear them the whole gym session. Adidas powerlifts and Reeboks would be an example.

Next up is adidas power perfect 2's which I have and love. Quite a traditional oly shoe but with a solid rubber type sole. About 80 quid.

Then top end adidas adipower which are 145-160 new and Nike Romaleos 2 which are 160+ in most places.

My belt is from strength shop and is great.

Singlets are the cheapest bit and are good to own. I think my adidas base lifter was 20-30 quid.
Badger

Email
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2015, 10:05:46 PM »

Yeah if I was going to get some more shoes do wins would be the top contender, when I see someone in them my brain goes "that guy is serious, he is putting looking fly right at the back of the pack and by default is even flyer"

Not that I use the word fly.

Get into equipped lifting, it's the future if you are like me, a gear tart Smiley
Joe Lyon

Email
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2015, 10:17:38 PM »

Get into equipped lifting, it's the future if you are like me, a gear tart Smiley

You're already trying to tempt me with the loan of your deadlift suit Wink
Badger

Email
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2015, 09:35:45 AM »

before we start pointing fingers at who corrupted who first you are the one that turned me sumo!  Shocked Grin

a most heinous crime..I have simply raised the stakes by adding EQ to that sumo.

now the real question is who wants to be the first to go triple ply canvas?
Joe Lyon

Email
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2015, 10:53:26 AM »

before we start pointing fingers at who corrupted who first you are the one that turned me sumo!  Shocked Grin

a most heinous crime..I have simply raised the stakes by adding EQ to that sumo.

now the real question is who wants to be the first to go triple ply canvas?

I wouldn't call it corruptipn, merely broadening the old horizons sir.
And as for the triple ply... Are we really gonna go there
Badger

Email
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2015, 12:23:02 PM »

When we are old and need more material to hold our joints together then that will be the time to "go nuclear"  Grin
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2015, 12:33:37 PM »

A client just paid me extra because they brought their deadline forward.

I spent the money on belt and squat shoes.
Badger

Email
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2015, 01:04:43 PM »

A client just paid me extra because they brought their deadline forward.

I spent the money on belt and squat shoes.

Yep, that's how we roll Smiley

What did you go with?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements