January 20, 2019, 09:32:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going back to the future Part 3, the hundred pound challenge!  (Read 25802 times)
McFly

« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2017, 01:13:11 AM »

Upper today.  A shambles of a workout.  Couldn't get into it, really tired and a few things on my mind that I couldn't put a lid on.  First one this year I haven't been happy with.

Decline BB Press - 1 working set, bench position was hurting my back so switched to....
Incline Press on plate loaded machine - 2x 10,8
One arm DB row - 3 sets 10,8,6
Machine Shoulder press - 3 sets 15,10,8
Machine Preachers - 3 sets 10,8,7

Threw the towel in after preachers.  I'll be back another day....
McFly

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2017, 10:43:32 PM »

Was due on legs Sunday but was away for the weekend.  Had a little mishap at work yesterday and tweaked my back again.  Nice.

I'll be back in tomorrow.  Going to start splitting my bodyparts up a little more and throwing a bit more volume at my upper body.

Todays eating.  Mostly pancakes.  Definitely giving those up for Lent.....
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2017, 07:22:30 PM »

Sorry to hear about the back. Maybe the doc could help  Wink
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2017, 09:53:19 PM »

Is the back a recurring thing?
McFly

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2017, 11:42:44 PM »

Pretty much.  I inured it fairly badly a couple of years ago and it's never really been the same since.  I'm hoping it improves once I've shed some weight and improved my strength in the area.

If I can train long enough and hard enough without it "going" to do that of course......
McFly

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2017, 02:06:25 AM »

So for the first time in ages, a decent couple of days!

"Cleaned up" my diet from yesterday after a dreadful couple of weeks.  Bodyweight wise, I'd crept back up a little and I'm not over the moon about it so I've given myself a kick up the ar*e now and am dead set on shedding some before I go on holiday in 12 weeks.

Monday, trained back:

Stiff arm pulldowns - 3 light sets to warm up
Wide grip pulldowns - worked up to 2 sets of 10,8
Bent over rows - worked up to 2 sets of 10,8
Barbell Shrugs - 2 sets of 12,8
Seated bent laterals - 2 sets of 10.

Today, cardio on the stationary bike.  20 minutes of interval work. 
McFly

« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2017, 12:14:02 AM »

So, another 6 months of no journal and pretty much hardly any consistent training and proper eating in the same time.  To cut a long story short, I've been a little unlucky health wise as well as incredibly stretched with work and family and just gone to pot again. 

But, back into the mindset I find myself and THIS time more determined to get myself together than ever before.

So, with the help of a couple of close friends who have taken me aside and given me some incredible encouragement and support I'm back at it. 

Bodyweight at an all time high of 19st 7lb. The less said about that the better.

Back to the Push/Legs/Pull split and the lower set/higher intensity approach.

Diet, low carbs/high fat/highprotein "keto" style stuff that has worked well for me in the past.  Not everyones cup of tea, but it's always been good to me and I'm open minded enough to switch it to something else when it stops working.

I'll leave it at that for now and update when I have a few weeks under my belt and am rolling along.  More "walking the walk" and less "talking the talk" required.....
McFly

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2017, 10:22:47 AM »

Week 1 done. 

All 3 workouts knocked off as planned.  Legs was a struggle Thursday as the tank was well and truly empty and I really wasn't in the mood for rest pause leg presses and drop sets on everything else.  I bast*rd well did them though.

Eating plan has been adhered to rigidly.  As with any first week of keto there have been headaches, runny noses and one or two moody moments but I'm all good now and ticking along.

Just over 7lb lost, which considering how overweight I am and that it's the first week of keto is about what I predicted and not a worry at all.

Well on the way to target.  Now just to stay on track......
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2017, 03:27:07 PM »

One week at a time.

Hopefully next will be a little better
McFly

« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2017, 08:03:44 PM »

Thanks Scott

Another week down.  Three hard workouts and eating plan adhered to well.

3 pounds off, so a total of 10 so far.  I'll take that.
McFly

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2017, 11:12:09 AM »

Oops.  2 weeks since I last updated.  Time flies.

Over the last fortnight, diet has been adhered to rigidly.  I actually had to take last week off training as was in bed with flu for 4 days.  Proper flu, not that man flu stuff.....

This week, I've been in twice.  Once upper, once lower.  Both good sessions.  Back to 3 days next week.

Current weight 18st 8lb, so 3 dropped in the last 2 weeks.  I'll take that.
McFly

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2017, 01:59:56 PM »

Another bit of a gap since my last update.  Still been at it though.

Had a couple of very busy weeks at work (I have 2 jobs, both of which get pretty busy at the same time of year, frustratingly) so have had to drop workouts to twice a week a couple of times, doing upper/lower on those weeks.

Diet has been adhered to with scheduled "refeed" days every other week.  Had a bit of a disaster last weekend diet wise which couldn't be avoided which went from Saturday lunchtime to Monday night but I was back at it Tuesday and back in ketosis by Thursday. It did cause a bit of a rise on the scales, but thats off again now and I'm now 18st 6.75lb which represents a loss of just shy of 15lb in 7 weeks.  All with no cardio and not one calorie counted or gram of food weighed.

Training, excellent.  Strength going up by the session and all bodyparts bigger, fuller and harder.  The dexascan machine indicates an increase in lean mass of 5lb in 7 weeks, although I'll take this with a large pinch of salt.  If true, that means just under 20lb of fat gone.  I'm sure the real figure is somewhere in between that and what the scale says though.

And on we plod.......

SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2017, 02:32:25 PM »

Fair play to you for keeping the wheels turning with what wounds like a very busy time. I'm with you on running better with higher fat and protein. I do have carbs but no real sugar and time the intake
McFly

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2017, 12:25:39 AM »

Interestingly, I'm meeting more and more people lately who seem to thrive on it.  I'm probably looking at adding back some structured carbs at some point, but happy where I am for now.

Knocked out a decent but brief push session today before work and plan pull Thursday and legs Saturday.  Last Saturdays leg workout was a goodun but my right knee has been giving me some grief since. 

Am off working away for a few days in 3 weeks time, with a few days break straight after.  I'll almost certainly not be training much during this time and will have days where the eating plan goes out of the window so I'm concentrating now on making as much progress as I can before then.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements