January 20, 2019, 07:57:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 287
  Print  
Author Topic: James' freight-train diary  (Read 641216 times)
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« on: October 21, 2009, 10:34:10 PM »

Hi! Scott looked a bit exposed all alone so thought i'd pick up mine too. I wont go right into my training yet but i'll just explain im completely off weights for ten weeks. My training is solely beast skills. Aimed in particular at planche, front lever and handstand. Both the balance and bodystrength for the holds and associated supporting movements to build that strength. Between them my entire upper body is getting trained ridiculously hard and its awesome. Ill update more later. On a side note my diet is average to poor but im exercising permanently so staying in shape...ish! Twins are bursting but not here yet. House is awesome. Hallie is talking like an adult, Wife's in agony but holding on like the bravest warrior I've ever met. My rib injury is worse than ever. Im now in with further gp style tests and a private chiro too, and i still love boobs. In fact the pregnancy and kidney situation and corresponding 'dry-spell' has turned me into a severe pervert! A pervert that can nearly planche atleast!
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 08:14:29 AM »

Thanks for not leaving em exposed mate. Glad your well ish and back. When are the babies due?
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 08:28:30 AM »

Its tricky with twins. As you know normal pregnancies are 40 wks, induced about 42. Twins are expected 32-36wks, induced at 38. We're just coming up to 35! So very nearly there. Obviously the longer they stay in the better, but I think Carly's stomach is going to split down the middle soon!

Im hoping they come at 36 because its a safe week to come, and its not too long for Carly. Mind you thats only 10 days away!

You having any once married mate?
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 09:52:19 AM »

the plan is try for one. However we have agreed I need to do my show first Grin It would be nice to have a little one however Jan is 40 so there could be issues
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 09:08:21 PM »

Im sure it will be fine mate. Just the sooner the better! But thats the case at any age! kids are awesome!

What show is your show mate? You're lean enough now to start a good 12 week pre-contest prep and compete aren't you? I reckon the Yorkshire is your show this year. though its a lot of travel for such a Southern lad. But the South NPA shows are so much later in the year.
BNBF mid and southern shows are June time aren't they? There is always the UKBFF stars of tomorrow classic class in 6 weeks?!?!?!
Truds

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 09:13:52 PM »

Toooot toooot!!   Grin  (Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Congratulations on the twins dude!!  Twins are awesome!  Sorry if I've missed it elsewhere, but will the twins be your first kids?  My Mum said that having twins was probably easier in some respects as we kept each other occupied while she was getting bottles ready etc...   Cheesy
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 09:36:17 PM »

Well Monbeef In my head this sounds french

I agree kids are brill. Jan nephew is bonkers,he is 5 and we always have some interesting chats Grin

I think i will do the BNBF southern in June. The wedding is the end of the month, then 2 weeks off 1 of which is in Bath in a posh hotel. Then chrimbo. I want to enjoy these before i prep up and get grumpy Grin
Jan and me are so looking forward to the wedding and some time for us.

I hope they come out at the right time mate. Im they will be beasts if they are like you
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 09:55:30 PM »

Well Monbeef In my head this sounds french

I agree kids are brill. Jan nephew is bonkers,he is 5 and we always have some interesting chats Grin

I think i will do the BNBF southern in June. The wedding is the end of the month, then 2 weeks off 1 of which is in Bath in a posh hotel. Then chrimbo. I want to enjoy these before i prep up and get grumpy Grin
Jan and me are so looking forward to the wedding and some time for us.

I hope they come out at the right time mate. Im they will be beasts if they are like you

If it was french it would be Monboeuf!

Oh excellent so its coming up soon mate. Is it church or a civil service? I had a civil service in a posh golf club sort of place. Loved it. Was 3 and a half years ago now though. Bath will be nice mate. Hope it all goes well for you.

June it is then mate! Excellent.

I'd love them to be beasts but they're girls! Unless there is money in shotputting?!?!
Truds

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 09:57:09 PM »

Hi Truds! First you chat me up for my love of the moustache, then you slide into my journal for some more love!!!  Grin Wink Hehe.

It's the 'tache!  Grin

Nope, I'm not identical, I have a twin brother, but my older brothers are identical twins.  (Yep, two sets of twins .. my poor Mum! ha ha)
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 10:04:36 PM »

Blimey!

Thats why I am stopping now. Might even get the work done if you know what I mean. I dont want more than 3 and I know ill end up with 5 or 6 if I try again!

You're the only girl then?
Truds

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 10:29:34 PM »

ha ha... a friend of ours did that, had 2 girls (diff ages) and he really wanted a little boy so they tried for one more ... and ended up with 2 more twin girls!  Grin

Yup I'm the only girl.  Think that's why I'm 'tough', having to live with 3 brothers ... they uesd to beat the cr*p out of me ... until I realised that if I told Dad on them .. they'd get the cr*p beaten out of them.. LOL .. ah... the good old days...  Tongue

Is Hallie dead excited?  Cheesy
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 06:44:03 AM »

Sorry for the delay, sleep took me! Sounds like the only way. I reckon you could take em now though. Smiley do they all live in nz? Yeah hallie is excited. Im not sure how much she understands but she knows there are babies in there and they're her sisters! And that they're coming out soon so she can teach them how to drink their milk. Very cute. She loves babies too. Is very good with them. But she has got a bit clingy lately. To be expected i suppose.
Truds

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 10:36:43 AM »

Awww, that's well cute!  Cheesy

Yep all my bros are in NZ (none of them even have a passport!  LOL!!)
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 11:36:02 AM »

Cheers Truds. Yeah she is cute. Do you get over there much? I've got dual citizenship with Aus. Half the family live there. I've been but not often.

Training this morning:

Planche strength day today so did the following 5 movements on a giant set basis:

1 - Pseudo planche press ups (Press up position. Hands down under hips, weight forward, barely any weight on toes. Press up - hits chest, delts, core and tris).
2 - Close grip (hands under face shoulder width, elbows tucked in throughout - hit tris).
3 - Bum up delt presses (press up position. bum in air so upper body almost vertical. Upper body straight, legs straight. Lower down to face like a shoulder press - for delts and tris).
4 - Wide press ups (hands supinated sideways like an anatomical position, as opposed to fingers forward).
5 - Standard press ups.

Sets were: 10 of each, 10 of each, 5 of each slowly. (125 press ups) ran out of time. Normally aim for 4 sets of 10 each per exercise.
In light of that I will repeat tonight!

Front lever training tomorrow.

Im dieting again now. Feel much better. Just taking it easy. Upping cardio a lot and cutting out rubbish. Not overly scientific at the moment.
Smithey

"I get knocked down but I get up again".

Email
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 09:07:26 PM »

You still cycling to work Mon?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 287
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements