March 22, 2019, 07:28:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287]
  Print  
Author Topic: James' freight-train diary  (Read 670604 times)
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #4290 on: August 26, 2017, 05:28:45 AM »

Hi all. I've been absent from the journals but it's good to see them all still going well.

Unfortunately a little pec tear kept me away from the BDFPA -100kg Single Lift Bench Nationals, even after I hit a life goal of 180kg paused in the gym. My buttocks came off the bench so it wasn't comp legal but it was certainly gym legal and was a good solid lift.

I don't know where I stand at the mo. Strength is still up, speed and jumps are still up, 1RM lifts are down slightly due to lack of practice, back and bicep strength AND size is up due to some keen prioritisation, and I currently weigh 101kg and have done for a long time.

So things are fine, but I don't know where to go...

I started rugby training for a bit of fun, pulled my hamstring but now healed and ready to go back.

I also have my eye on British Masters Athletics as my long jump isn't too far away from mid table, and I also think my triple jump, shot put and 60m (indoor) could be competitive with some training.

I am 10-12kg off of stage condition and am considering beginning a long and slow diet now to compete early next year.

And I am doing a BDFPA bench comp in November to qualify for next year's single lift finals so I could always streamline the training for that.
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #4291 on: August 28, 2017, 06:01:12 PM »

Hahaha same old Monbeef - a million and one goals - love your tenacity
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #4292 on: August 28, 2017, 10:06:23 PM »

Lol, it's doing my head in at the moment though. Everything is so tucked up with career change efforts that I'm absolutely exhausted. I'm glad I didn't diet this year but things have crept up now and I never want to end up back where I was so I need to get on top of it.

Whatever happens, all I can do is coast anyway until I get the job stuff sorted. So it's all just recreational.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #4293 on: August 29, 2017, 08:07:46 PM »

Haha I did honk the same thing!

So what's happening work wise currently then, bud?
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #4294 on: August 30, 2017, 09:53:21 AM »

Haha I did honk the same thing!

So what's happening work wise currently then, bud?

make that three of us! I did smile at the addition of rugby!! Also curious about work / emigration? Are we keeping our big cuddly beefy bear for a little longer?
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #4295 on: October 22, 2017, 08:34:43 AM »

Sorry lads I'm so infrequent now I didn't even answer these questions! TONS going on, lots of hardwork and feeling absolutely shattered and stressed to the eyeballs, BUT all positive.

I'll give a good update later but you don't care about that today. It's UKDFBA Finals day! I'll see whoever is going when I get there!
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #4296 on: September 07, 2018, 10:26:47 PM »

Hi all! I'm still in England. Still training. Still doing a million and one things. Still focused predominantly on the platform and the stage but will be lifting some stones and logs in competition this Sunday. And definitely not a policeman anymore. I've been a cyber geek for 6 months now and not in anyway looking back.

Going to keep my journal up to date now as I have begun prepping for next year with an intial cut down to 95kg (From 104) so will engage properly tomorrow.

Hope you're all well?!
felix

« Reply #4297 on: September 12, 2018, 10:16:11 PM »

Great to hear you are still training away Mon, I hope your Stones and Logs comp went well.
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #4298 on: September 15, 2018, 12:41:42 PM »

Hi all! I'm still in England. Still training. Still doing a million and one things. Still focused predominantly on the platform and the stage but will be lifting some stones and logs in competition this Sunday. And definitely not a policeman anymore. I've been a cyber geek for 6 months now and not in anyway looking back.

Going to keep my journal up to date now as I have begun prepping for next year with an intial cut down to 95kg (From 104) so will engage properly tomorrow.

Hope you're all well?!

Holy Eff, its been nearly a year since you posted on your journal. Glad to hear you are back and hope you post mate. I miss you  Wink

Nic sent me a video from last weekend and you are holding condition nicely mate, look beefy, strong, nice shape and retaining some leanness
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements