January 23, 2019, 06:12:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: YouTube Channel - Contest Prep Coach, Trainer & WNBF Pro - Damian Lees  (Read 17515 times)
Damo NY

www.damianleestailoredfitness.co.uk

WWW Email
« on: March 30, 2016, 03:01:30 PM »

Hi All,

Mr Harris mentioned to me the new video thread he has set up, hence please see my YouTube Channel shown below.

Work is very busy at the moment, so I don't get the chance to create videos (or frequent the forums ;o) as often as I want to.

You'll find various videos ranging from useful training techniques, home gym setup ideas to my own progress over the years including my first contest way back when I was 15!

Feel free to subscribe.  I'll update this thread when I create the next video too.  Thank you  Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgOOF53QPGPdBQCpIts0GZQ

Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 10:43:04 AM »

Thanks for posting this up Damian, really like your studio setup there, cant beat having your own gym to train in!

Good range of vids covering your progress too. Glad to hear you're keeping busy with the PT.  Smiley
Damo NY

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 01:29:18 PM »

Barbell Glute Bridges can be difficult to set up when performing on a bench (and solo).

Trying them from the floor are in my opinion just as effective, although the range of motion is shorter than on a bench.

Great exercise for building the glutes, as well as strengthening the hips and core.  Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c4oNBr7eKU

Damo NY

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 12:28:22 PM »

Hi All,

For some posing and transition ideas, here's a routine from last year's UKDFBA Champs.

Thanks for watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2JiNgRjM8g
thebull

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 07:15:18 PM »

Signed up on my YouTube app damo, really liked the powerlifting and accessory video. Would be interesting to add an overnote saying how much you are lifting and the rep scheme (eg 5 x 5 @ 80kg etc). You also consistently get shredded and present yourself really well so may be ideas for you to talk about at a later date. I do enjoy the YouTube scene but a lot of the channels I started watching because of the training now have turned into lifestyle and all about wealth and materialism where sometimes you just want someone with an awesome physique to train raw!
Damo NY

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 12:16:08 PM »

Signed up on my YouTube app damo, really liked the powerlifting and accessory video. Would be interesting to add an overnote saying how much you are lifting and the rep scheme (eg 5 x 5 @ 80kg etc). You also consistently get shredded and present yourself really well so may be ideas for you to talk about at a later date. I do enjoy the YouTube scene but a lot of the channels I started watching because of the training now have turned into lifestyle and all about wealth and materialism where sometimes you just want someone with an awesome physique to train raw!

Thanks Pete for your comments. I was struggling with recovery back on this split so the last few months I have switched to a 5 day split DUP (daily undulating periodisation) that has me Squatting,Deadlifting and Benching twice a week, whilst still including frequent volume to some areas I want to bring up and conversely less volume on strong areas. Progressing well so far and looking forward to seeing what improvements I can make before stepping onstage again.

Yes the Youtube scene has set a trend for lifestyle and entertainment, and I can see why these guys are pulling in thousands of subscribers and making some good money out of it.

I would like to eventually work on to creating better quality videos when I have the time to focus on editing etc etc.  Smiley
thebull

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 10:52:22 PM »

Funnily enough i am looking at that more and more as the basis for my next programme. Have you seen layne nortons ph3 programme, or did you work out a template for yourself?
Damo NY

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 08:24:40 AM »

Funnily enough i am looking at that more and more as the basis for my next programme. Have you seen layne nortons ph3 programme, or did you work out a template for yourself?

The PH3 program looks effective but haven't tried that specific one.

Eric Helms has been over viewing my training cycles for the last 12 weeks. Great guy and it's good to have his input looking in from the outside.

I've done the 'bro splits' in the past with good results but always open to trying different training methods just to improve that extra few percent at the point I'm at now in my competitive career.
SuperplexSteve

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 01:13:36 PM »

Nice work on the youTube videos.  With so many people hoping to establish themselves as fitness personalities, I think presenting yourself as a prep coach (and WNBF pro!  Cool) would be quite interesting and help to set your channel apart from the crowd.

If you were to document the contest prep journey of multiple competitors, that would be really quite insightful (subject to their permission to be filmed of course).  I reckon a lot of people have learnt how to compete simply by watching youTube or looking at Instagram.
Damo NY

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 02:26:00 PM »

Nice work on the youTube videos.  With so many people hoping to establish themselves as fitness personalities, I think presenting yourself as a prep coach (and WNBF pro!  Cool) would be quite interesting and help to set your channel apart from the crowd.

If you were to document the contest prep journey of multiple competitors, that would be really quite insightful (subject to their permission to be filmed of course).  I reckon a lot of people have learnt how to compete simply by watching youTube or looking at Instagram.

Thanks Steve. Yes some good ideas there.

Would be great to have someone handy to film a few videos and look after the editing etc. At the moment my workload is high with prepping 10 clients as well as my other clients. Can't complain though!
Will be creating some more vids when I get the time though  Smiley
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 10:32:07 PM »

Great posing routine, Damo. Great transitions and a nice mix of standard mandatories and more aesthetic classic poses.

And to Preludio Asturias (Leyenda) too! What a tune. I play it on my classical guitar. Took me a long time to master it, the pace is incredible at times but you get used to it.

I'll find a video of the master John Williams playing it how it was designed...
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2016, 10:37:40 PM »

https://youtu.be/oEfFbuT3I6A

There it is played by John Williams. It's an Albania piece and is amazing. Bearing in mind it is a solo piece it sounds like there are several guitars playing as it is so fast. Watching the video you can barely see his fingers move yet he's playing about 9 notes a second at times.

I'm not that quick but I'm not too far off. Smiley

Anyway, not exciting to most but as you posed to it I thought I'd share the info!
Damo NY

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 01:32:51 PM »

Thanks mate. Lee Labrada's posing has always inspired me, and I first heard this piece of music back in 1991 when Lee performed a fantastic routine to this mixed in with the soundtrack from The Warriors movie.

Although in the UKDFBA the posing round isn't scored I think that everyone should still make an effort to create a good routine. It is a 'show' after all and the audience deserve to be entertained by a good routine.  This element is sadly missing these days, especially within the IFBB in comparison to the 80's & 90's.

That's some impressive guitar playing mate!

Monbeef

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 08:54:12 PM »

Williams is amazing.

I totally agree. I'll put a lot of effort into my routine fromantic an entertainment perspective. Hope it comes out good!
Damo NY

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 03:14:45 PM »

Hi All,

I created a video the other week for my clients covering some easy food prep ideas for those who are pushed for time.

Some of you may find useful.

Thanks for watching and if you enjoyed our videos hit the subscribe button!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zViAMV1FTdM&index=1&list=PLFPfaTkRFApdQxae2ScQa0FtSBeZ0lDrg

D
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements