June 25, 2019, 04:38:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Measure food in the off-season?  (Read 3479 times)
grecian

owenthorogood@hotmail.com
« on: June 12, 2016, 10:13:59 AM »

Hello folks,
Competing in three weeks and measuring every gram at the mo. After the comp want to gradually increase calories again but not the lower an dat I've had for years.

Question is what's the consensus on weighing food when not dieting and, if you don't how do you know you're hitting your macro goals?

Thanks
ben-howard

WNBF Pro

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 11:07:31 AM »

i dont think you need to weigh food, just go with portion sizes, you know if your eating too much or too little by how you feel/look - after the contest try just building the size of the meals, adding carbs in etc until your as full and strong you need to be for the offseason, no need to bulk, just lean enough to feel healthy but full enough to shift heavy weights- my approach anyway
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 11:18:24 AM »

I guess it depends on your dietary approach. If you're a macro counter (and want to do this when not prepping, too) then yes you'll need to measure/weigh. But I would think that when not prepping you could do some "eye balling" of portion sizes too. Otherwise it's not going to be a very relaxing time away from stage!
grecian

owenthorogood@hotmail.com
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 07:34:07 PM »

Thanks Nic and Ben for your responses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements