July 17, 2019, 06:11:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Lee's Journal  (Read 9500 times)
LiftHard

« on: June 13, 2016, 07:42:41 PM »

So, this will be my first day utilizing one of my old time routines, like when I was 14...I was trained by a competitive fitness model or around there...She was a beautiful philipinano with jet black hair flowing down to her  bottom...Anyway, she stressed COMPOUND MOVEMENTS as your core (base) routine...Then, as she would mimic the Arnold coined phrase "u can do the 'girly man' exercises later if u feel like it"...lol...So then, here is one of my many variations of her style of lifting...

Day 1

Push Routine

1. Flat Back Bench Press; Incline; Decline
    2. Flat Back Flies (Totaly Arnold Style)
    3. Miltary Bench Press (shoulders)
    4. Close Grip Flat Back Bench Press (Triceps); Tricep pushdowns; Tricep extensions

I think that should do it for day 1...I will report back with details on numbers once accomplished...I will publish day 2 then...
LiftHard

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 12:38:21 AM »

Day 2

Legs (Lower Body)

Squats
    Leg Press
    Leg Extensions
    Leg Curls

Went ok...

LiftHard

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 12:41:59 AM »

Day 3

Pull Routine

1. DeadLift - 4 sets
    2. Trap Work - 4-8 sets
    3. Pull ups (Back)
    4. Bicep Work - 4-8 sets

That should do it for an old man...
LiftHard

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 07:24:46 AM »

Day 4

Rest!  Grin
LiftHard

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 09:44:46 AM »

Day 5

Rest  Grin
LiftHard

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 09:45:50 AM »

Day 6

Rest  Grin
LiftHard

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 09:50:48 AM »

Day 7

Push routine

Flat Back Bench Press;Flies (Arnold Style)
    Machine Military Press (shoulders)
    Push Downs (Triceps);dips (shoulder,tris,chest)

Went ok...
LiftHard

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 09:54:47 AM »

Day 8

Lower Body

Squats;leg press

Had a bad night... Angry
LiftHard

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 08:15:01 PM »

Day 9

Pull routine

Deadlifts    - 4 sets - 10 reps
    Pull ups     - 4 sets - 10 reps
    Trap Raise - 4 sets - 10 reps
    Bicep extension;straight bar alternating grip;dumbell curls 4 - sets - 10

K_Dogs

DOMS makes you feel alive....

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 09:42:30 AM »

Hi Lee,

Training look steady, do you have any short or long term goals?
LiftHard

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 05:18:03 PM »

Day 10

Rest!  Grin
LiftHard

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 05:28:36 PM »

Hi Lee,

Hello K_Dogs,

I do have goals...Long term is to be as healthy as possible, first and foremost! Short term is to get back into shape and tweak diet/training to fit a more bodybuilding type lifestyle!...I have always lifted for power, so now I am ready to tone it down and basically have a fantabulous physique while being as stated earlier, as healthy as possible!

My training is very half-ass right now...I'm trying to let my body get acclimated to lifting again...Hopefully, within a few months of sticking to my routine, I should be able to go at it full force!
LiftHard

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 02:06:07 PM »

Day 11

Rest!  Grin
SuperplexSteve

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 02:50:31 PM »

Hi Lee,

Hello K_Dogs,

I do have goals...Long term is to be as healthy as possible, first and foremost! Short term is to get back into shape and tweak diet/training to fit a more bodybuilding type lifestyle!...I have always lifted for power, so now I am ready to tone it down and basically have a fantabulous physique while being as stated earlier, as healthy as possible!

My training is very half-ass right now...I'm trying to let my body get acclimated to lifting again...Hopefully, within a few months of sticking to my routine, I should be able to go at it full force!

That looks like a good approach to have.  Physique means nothing if you're not physically healthy.  The two should go hand in hand.   Keep going and I'm sure you'll reach your first objective - you've already lifted a lot previously, so shouldn't take long for your muscles to adapt.
LiftHard

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 12:58:41 AM »

Hi Lee,

Hello K_Dogs,

That looks like a good approach to have.  Physique means nothing if you're not physically healthy.  The two should go hand in hand.   Keep going and I'm sure you'll reach your first objective - you've already lifted a lot previously, so shouldn't take long for your muscles to adapt.

Thank you for the encouragement, SS...Hopefully, I can maintain this time and finish what I started...I hope you are right in regards to the muscles responding favorably...It gets much harder to come back and get going again...Maybe one of these days before I die I can catch up with some of u UK guys....
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements