May 25, 2019, 12:28:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Who do you look up to (physique inspirations)  (Read 17905 times)
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« on: June 25, 2016, 03:26:49 PM »

Everyone has someone they look up to as an inspiration to reach a certain physique.

What's yours? For me, I watch Matty Fusaro and Stephen Hall on YouTube and Snapchat as they're both naturally and in great shape. Another one would be Christian Guzman who has a fabulous physique for someone so young and of course natural. These are my main 3 as I don't particularly follow natural bodybuilding much.

How about you guys?
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 05:47:36 PM »

Patricia Beckman (Payne) is my #1.

Also Nancy Andrews, Brenda Rahe.
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 06:49:50 PM »

My inspirations are all of the old school, since GH came onto the scene in the mid 80's it really messed the game up in my opinion.

Even now looking at the Mr. Olympia's from the 70's and 80's and seeing the physiques and routines of legends like Tom "The Golden Eagle" Platz, Makkawy, Dickerson, Nubret and Padilla still take me back to being in my early 20's and really enjoying training on the intended path of competing.

Of all inspirations though Frank Zane is always in the top spot, I have such a deep respect with how overworked his condition, his training, his presentation and the amount of through and structure he put into prep. He will always stand head and shoulders above all other in my eyes as an example of finding a way to win.

Finally the bodybuilder I look up to for being an out and out winner is Arnold. I have read The Encyclopaedia of Modern Bodybuilding so many time from the age 12 up when I found it in my loft (it was my late fathers). the depth and the completeness of it as a study of bodybuilding from a competitors eyes are second to none and reflect well how he sees the skill of winning.
Dan94

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 07:02:09 PM »

What about natural physiques to look up to and obtain?
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 07:40:39 PM »

Skip La Cour and Michael Lockett every time Grin

To be honest Dan I don't want to obtain anyones physique, I quite like my own. I look up to the levels of development that athletes are able to obtain in certain muscle groups (Merrifields quads and lower back, Dean's level of condition and fullness, Matt Argall has great arms and chest etc) but the thing I respect really is discipline and work ethic.

There is truly no point in my eyes comparing yourself to anyone, every part of sport is so much better in my opinion if you focus on pushing what you have as hard as you can. There is such a vast amount of factors that make each physique into what it becomes with training and especially in NATURAL bodybuilding every physique has such a distinct identity (somewhat is lost when people starting heaving the growth hormone and steroids in) that the best pleasure comes from developing what you have got to its fullest rather than wanting to look like someone.

My personal spin on it, might be different to other peoples but se la vie
Dan94

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 07:46:42 PM »

Maybe I should say pics mandatory Grin
LiftHard

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 12:05:37 AM »

Skip La Cour and Michael Lockett every time Grin

To be honest Dan I don't want to obtain anyones physique, I quite like my own. I look up to the levels of development that athletes are able to obtain in certain muscle groups (Merrifields quads and lower back, Dean's level of condition and fullness, Matt Argall has great arms and chest etc) but the thing I respect really is discipline and work ethic.

There is truly no point in my eyes comparing yourself to anyone, every part of sport is so much better in my opinion if you focus on pushing what you have as hard as you can. There is such a vast amount of factors that make each physique into what it becomes with training and especially in NATURAL bodybuilding every physique has such a distinct identity (somewhat is lost when people starting heaving the growth hormone and steroids in) that the best pleasure comes from developing what you have got to its fullest rather than wanting to look like someone.

My personal spin on it, might be different to other peoples but se la vie

Great Post!
Dan94

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 01:19:43 AM »

Fair enough.

I also mean looking up to physiques which are obtainable naturally. Eg in the past I would've looked at a lot of natty physiques and thought they were on steroids, ie Guzman. But knowing they're natural gives me 'inspiration' that a physique that good is possible without PEDS.

If that makes sense?
LiftHard

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 02:43:19 PM »

Fair enough.

I also mean looking up to physiques which are obtainable naturally. Eg in the past I would've looked at a lot of natty physiques and thought they were on steroids, ie Guzman. But knowing they're natural gives me 'inspiration' that a physique that good is possible without PEDS.

If that makes sense?

It does!...Let me ask a "dig deep" question...If u knew for 100% FACT that steroids of any nature would NOT hurt u in any way shape or form and the juice was legal, would u care then if u used them to enhance your physique?
Dan94

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 02:59:09 PM »

No not really. I think that would be the case with most people.
LiftHard

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 04:16:15 PM »

Well, the reason I asked is due to me observing people's attitudes through out my lifting adventure (35+ years)...I don't know how many times I have been in a discussion in regards to the dangers of juice use...I can always find a way to justify it...In other words, I can show u how to use wisely and not have ANY side effects from whatever compound u decided to use...Now, what's the point?....No matter how safe/justifiable I can present the use of juice use, the mass majority look at it as a Tabboo activity to be involved in...Basically robbing them of learning the facts...Also, I have found that people who don't care about their bodies tend to be jealous of the ones that do and in order for them to feel good about themselves they, in turn, have to find some kind of plug to make us (lifter) feel as tho we are doing something abnormal...Make sense?
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 04:36:01 PM »

Fair enough.

If that makes sense?

It does!...Let me ask a "dig deep" question...If u knew for 100% FACT that steroids of any nature would NOT hurt u in any way shape or form and the juice was legal, would u care then if u used them to enhance your physique?

There's a whole (recent) thread devoted to this topic with plenty of responses.
LiftHard

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 04:40:11 PM »

Fair enough.

If that makes sense?

There's a whole (recent) thread devoted to this topic with plenty of responses.

What's the title bro?...I would like to get in on it?
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 07:12:28 PM »

Are we at the "bro" stage already? We haven't even met!  Tongue

It's here http://www.naturalmuscle.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3952.0
Dan94

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 07:50:56 PM »

Well, the reason I asked is due to me observing people's attitudes through out my lifting adventure (35+ years)...I don't know how many times I have been in a discussion in regards to the dangers of juice use...I can always find a way to justify it...In other words, I can show u how to use wisely and not have ANY side effects from whatever compound u decided to use...Now, what's the point?....No matter how safe/justifiable I can present the use of juice use, the mass majority look at it as a Tabboo activity to be involved in...Basically robbing them of learning the facts...Also, I have found that people who don't care about their bodies tend to be jealous of the ones that do and in order for them to feel good about themselves they, in turn, have to find some kind of plug to make us (lifter) feel as tho we are doing something abnormal...Make sense?

You can never eliminate side effects or dangers completely when inserting something foreign and unnatural into your body.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements