May 24, 2019, 02:43:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]
  Print  
Author Topic: ANY BOXING FANS ???  (Read 119907 times)
Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« Reply #480 on: December 02, 2016, 09:34:34 PM »

From Leicester ain't he?

Yes mate only down the road from us, Burton is in a nice spot in the centre of a triangle consisting of Derby, Birmingham and Leicester.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #481 on: December 02, 2016, 09:38:16 PM »

Lightning fast reaction from Haye when he gave Bellew a slap.
I like Haye they make out he is a pretty boy and glamour boy but he takes no shit from these gobshite wannabe thugs such as Chisora and Bellew.

Bellew wont last long at all he trades and anyone who stands and trades with Haye is not staying on his feet for long.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #482 on: December 02, 2016, 09:42:12 PM »

Okay not in the centre of the triangle but we have direct roads to all three cities lol
Smithey

"I get knocked down but I get up again".

Email
« Reply #483 on: May 01, 2017, 01:39:37 PM »

Well done AJ.
Still learning his trade whilst picking up a second World Heavyweight title belt!
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #484 on: May 02, 2017, 09:27:29 AM »

Superb fight. He passed the gut check, chin held up better than I thought it would to be honest, came back from the brink, got a second wind and won in style.

BUT awful stamina, could not sustain an attack, tanked totally in the 5th - 9th, was out on his feet. He is carrying bulk that he is not using to his advantage at all - jabbing, trying to box and spent long spells backing off from Wlad so that not only took away any advantage from the size but it then became a hindrance which slowed him down. He was outboxed and looked confused at times. Looking a little intimidated early on as if he was shocked that Wlad came forward, almost like he was thinking: "Uhm Wlad, did you not get the memo? Opponents back off so I can do my stuff"

And lastly, if Wlad pushed it in the 6th and 7th, AJ would not have recovered. 
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #485 on: May 02, 2017, 12:20:12 PM »

Fantastic fight - far better than I anticipated. Toby: I thought it'd be exactly as you said in your journal -  a 50/50, but whoever won, would win comfortably.

I think AJ was expecting the Wlad from the Fury fight, hence the look of shock. I feel that Wlad needed to land one more big right in the 6th and it would have been all over. Instead, he throw looping left hooks that, even in his unsteady state, AJ was telegraphing.

Fair play to both guys though - huge credit deserved. I wonder what will be next?
Rossdog

« Reply #486 on: May 02, 2017, 03:07:41 PM »

I think they will go ahead with the rematch clause in the contract.
I want to see the fury fight but although he is back in training I'd imagine he is a couple of fights away from being his best and fighting AJ. I see fury ahead of AJ at the min However as time goes on the gap will get closer. I'd expect the fight the happen next year at some point.
Also I read there has been interest from the execs at showtime for the fight with wilder. I'd imagine that fight to do a million plus ppv buys over in the states if it was to go ahead which will entice AJ and Hearn!!! Mega bucks.
Either way the next two years in the HW division will be very interesting with some great fights regardless of how it pans out!! Very exciting times!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smithey

Email
« Reply #487 on: May 12, 2017, 07:54:45 PM »

It was a great fight. It had virtually everything barring points deductions.
It was like Rocky.
It will be interesting to see how Tyson Fury is after his comeback if the BBBC give him his licence back.
Smithey

Email
« Reply #488 on: October 22, 2018, 12:08:20 PM »

Belies v Usyk looks like it's going to be a cracking fight.
Any predictions?
DenisFisher

Email
« Reply #489 on: April 18, 2019, 05:32:48 AM »

I prefer classic Boxing, but I can't say I'm a fan.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements