July 21, 2019, 01:19:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Laser E.y.e Surgery  (Read 5260 times)
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« on: July 07, 2016, 01:43:58 PM »

Has anyone had or know someone who has had laser e.y.e surgery? Considering it myself, so interested in other people's experiences.

Thanks
Dan
SuperplexSteve

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 01:32:07 PM »

As someone who was previously very short sighted (-10.50 left eye, -7.00 right eye and also with some astigmatism), I was right on the borderline of being eligible for surgery. The results have truly been amazing.  I no longer have sweat dripping onto my glasses in the gym!  I've had regular check ups post surgery and my vision is now slightly better than 20/20.  If you have any questions, I'm happy to share my experience.
Dan94

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 01:48:29 PM »

Hi mate,

I'm guessing that was NHS due to your prescription being that poor?

SuperplexSteve

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 05:16:58 PM »

I wish it was on the NHS! No, it was private because short sightedness is not a disability - as long as your vision can be corrected with contact lenses or glasses.  This has probably been one of the best decisions I've made.
Dan94

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 12:35:36 AM »

Ah I see. Cheers for your input Steve.

My eyes are only around -1.75 I think but it's more convenience than anything. I hate wearing glasses so contact lenses stop me doing a lot of things such as spontaneous staying over at people's houses, camping, swimming, sauna etc
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 11:19:25 AM »

I wear contacts (daily disposables) and none of those things are a problem apart from yes saunas. I keep at least one spare pair in every bag I own, plus in the car etc. (Apart from anything else, if I get grit in my eye or something I need to be able to change them). Swimming in lenses no problem (obviously wear goggles!)
SuperplexSteve

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 02:03:56 PM »

To be honest, for your prescription, I think disposables are a good option and shouldn't be too expensive, you don't have to mess about with cleaning the lens.  I can appreciate how annoying it can be.  When I used to wear contact lenses (for 10 years), I didn't like going through the process of putting them in and removing them on holiday - on flights, at the airport, in hostels, etc.  It's inconvenient and the environments aren't particularly hygienic.  With disposables, there's definitely less risk of picking up an infection.

I would think really carefully about laser surgery because you can't reverse it.  Some people have complained of occasional dry eye (needing to carry around eye drops with them all the time) and bad night vision (could be an issue if you drive).  The worse I've heard is some people suffering extreme sensitivity to sunlight, but I think this is extremely rare.  Despite all these risks, the reward is obviously very high.  By the time I'm 60 say, my vision is going to be much better than if I decided not to go through with the procedure. 
Smithey

"I get knocked down but I get up again".

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 02:18:52 PM »

I've had it.It's great!
Dan94

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 10:50:38 AM »

Anyone else please? Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements