July 17, 2019, 11:28:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Competing in UKBFF Kent Classic (28th August) and worried....... critique??  (Read 10780 times)
fhwill

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 01:28:17 PM »

What does your coach think of your current condition in regards to the time you have left?  The cardio you are doing is more than enough, and I wouldn't suggest doing any more.  Diet looks solid enough to me, but perhaps you could reduce some of your carbs as the day progresses.
The 'pop' the second guy mentioned is as Flick said, is more down to condition (body fat).
Good luck with the competition!

Coach said he is happy with were I am with the time we have left. As I said I have no reason to doubt really, I think the person just got in my head a bit.

Thanks!

One of the hardest things to learn, which I'm sure everyone on here can attest to is not letting others' get in your head. Everyone (even myself) always has ten cents to chip in but you never know what people's motives are behind what they're saying. When I used to go to a bodybuilding gym, everyone always had an opinion! But I had a coach, so you just have to learn to shut others' out really.

As Nic said above, you should be able to question -and a good coach will be able to explain their reasons without feeling attacked. It's good to ask questions, because then you learn too!  Cool
grantmax89

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 09:40:42 PM »

What does your coach think of your current condition in regards to the time you have left?  The cardio you are doing is more than enough, and I wouldn't suggest doing any more.  Diet looks solid enough to me, but perhaps you could reduce some of your carbs as the day progresses.
The 'pop' the second guy mentioned is as Flick said, is more down to condition (body fat).
Good luck with the competition!

Coach said he is happy with were I am with the time we have left. As I said I have no reason to doubt really, I think the person just got in my head a bit.

Thanks!

One of the hardest things to learn, which I'm sure everyone on here can attest to is not letting others' get in your head. Everyone (even myself) always has ten cents to chip in but you never know what people's motives are behind what they're saying. When I used to go to a bodybuilding gym, everyone always had an opinion! But I had a coach, so you just have to learn to shut others' out really.

As Nic said above, you should be able to question -and a good coach will be able to explain their reasons without feeling attacked. It's good to ask questions, because then you learn too!  Cool

Cheers for the input pal... I think you are completely right and they guy that spoke to me instantly annoyed me hence my rather swift post on here - I didnt want to question my coach as he had previously said I was on track in his eyes and kind of just wanted an outside perspective on it all.

Thanks again though pal Smiley
grantmax89

Email
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 11:47:18 AM »

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are well.

So, I Competed in the Kent Klassic Last Sunday.

And as some of you know, from this thread I have my reservations about how I was going to look on stage .... would I be ready?!?!

Arriving on the day I was aware that the majority of guys would be on steroids, and it never bothered me as this was just for experience.

When the time come to go back stage, I was almost blown away with the calibre of the guys that were there - almost scared me off.

But no, I was there to do I job and one that I had worked my arse of for the last 16 weeks of prep.

Stepping out on the stage was great and after receiving the statuary medals  and walking off stage I was told to take my medal off and turn around.

I WAS TOP 3!!!!!!!

I ended up finishing 3rd with an invite to the British Finals!

What more could I ask for! I am one very very happy guy! .. I was aiming to MAYBE beat one uy that was assisted and I managed to smash that goal!...

It just goes to show, if you put your all into something you will reap the rewards Smiley

Unfortunately,  I obviously was not expecting to do so well let alone an invite to the British, and as a result I have a holiday booked to Canada, so I wont be attending - however, bring on the journey to come!

I know I haven't been a member here long  nor posted much, just want to say thanks for the positive comments on this thread when I was worried.

Anyway, enough of the boring stuff - here is a pic of me (right) and the top 2 Smiley

Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 12:58:14 PM »

Brilliant! Well done you!
grantmax89

Email
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 01:00:22 PM »

Brilliant! Well done you!

Thanks  Grin
SuperplexSteve

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 01:29:17 PM »

Well done on a fantastic result.  It's a nice feeling to know that you definitely belong on stage.  Now you can enjoy some time off and plan your next journey to the stage if you do decide to compete again.
grantmax89

Email
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 02:17:15 PM »

Well done on a fantastic result.  It's a nice feeling to know that you definitely belong on stage.  Now you can enjoy some time off and plan your next journey to the stage if you do decide to compete again.

Cheers Pal Smiley
I think it is just the beginning - I have planned to take the next year to gain as much muscle as possible and come back for the 2018 season and see if I can better my placing! .... What a day it was! .. Truly hasn't sunk in yet!!! 
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2016, 04:26:56 PM »

Congratulations on your placing, mate. It must be made all the sweeter that you surpassed your expectations. Nice one!
grantmax89

Email
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2016, 04:37:07 PM »

Congratulations on your placing, mate. It must be made all the sweeter that you surpassed your expectations. Nice one!

Thanks buddy. So much so, on a bit of cloud 9 at the moment. But have already got my goals set for the future Smiley ... want to keep pushing to see where I can take myself!

Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements