August 24, 2019, 08:46:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WNBF European  (Read 6468 times)
Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« on: October 30, 2016, 09:49:27 PM »

Weren't there a European pro show?

No thread on it what happened any results?
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 09:56:11 PM »

Fishing rod out?

I have not seen any video but seen some decent pics. I cannot think of the chaps name, but some guy who looked about 5ft 2 high and 5ft 2 wide won that show. Rich came second. Was a good win by the guy who was thick, particularly in the back and had diced quads, huge taper with wide lats and narrow waist. Huge delts too. He had a bit of a Nate Williams look.

Rich looked a little tighter and lighter than the week before. Clearly really on a personal mission. Glutes lined well.

Also in the show was Gordie Adam who looked decent enough and Stefen Kuric who was a bit soft for me, like someone who who dieted a bit too hard and not for long enough. Lacked hardness, quads in particular. I normally love his condition - thin skinned and vascular.
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 10:31:12 PM »

Babacar Niang was the winner
Rich G 2nd
Milan 3rd
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 10:33:30 PM »

Babacar Niang was the winner
Rich G 2nd
Milan 3rd

Babcar, thats the chap. Won it before I think?
DDG

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 10:33:59 PM »

Interesting point though!
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 10:37:25 PM »

What is the interesting point?
DDG

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 10:38:41 PM »

No thread.
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 10:48:08 PM »

No thread.

Less active posters. A show no one really cares about too much. Out of the country so out of sight. Plus in the six years of the show, there has only been one year with a result thread so it seems quite consistent with the forums historical lack of interest in this show.
DDG

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 10:55:00 PM »

No thread.

Less active posters. A show no one really cares about too much. Out of the country so out of sight. Plus in the six years of the show, there has only been one year with a result thread so it seems quite consistent with the forums historical lack of interest in this show.

I completely take the point regarding an historical lack of interest. However is it also the case that in previous years there wasn't any British representation to speak of?
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 10:56:48 PM »

Not too sure Dean, I know Rich has won it previously as has Gavin Gibson. I think most years we have been represented. Think Rich has done it both times he has won world titles.
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 11:51:25 PM »

Prior to this year....

There has been a UK athlete in the show 7 times.  Wayne Braddock competed there in 2010 after winning his WNBF Pro Status at the 2009 Amateur Worlds. I think the Pro Euros was in Germany at the time, when they had a WNBF affiliate.

Rich did it in 2012 and 2013, winning both (he won his World titles in 2011 and 2012).  Milan got 2nd in 2013, 2014 and 15.  Gavin got 3rd in 2013 and won in 2014.  Chris Nsubuga got 3rd in 2015.  Martin Petro also did it last year, not placing.

Since it's been in Switzerland (2011 onwards I think?) it's been a huge show, normally about 15-20 in the lineup, mostly Italian.

I'd have normally mentioned something about the show, but was a bit swamped with other things at the time and it had kind of passed by the time I came up for air.

Babacar is a cracking athlete.  Won the middleweight and overall NBFI (Italy) show last year and took the Pro European in his debut a week later.  From the pics I've seen, he was a deserved winner. Absolute beast.

Rich 2nd, Milan 3rd, Gordie 6th and Stefans placing not officially announced as far as I've seen.  Francesco Palaeri of Italy made the top 5 (as did another Italian fellow that I'd not seen before).  You may remember him from our Pro show 2 years ago if you were there.  Nice guy, great physique.

Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 09:08:40 AM »

Not too sure Dean, I know Rich has won it previously as has Gavin Gibson. I think most years we have been represented. Think Rich has done it both times he has won world titles.

The year Gav won there was a thread.

I wonder how Adrian would have got on against this chap who won.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 09:09:51 AM »

Perhaps his calfs were better than Adrians
Rossdog

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 11:39:48 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 11:52:44 AM »

Rich looks tighter than at the international be good to see what he brings at the worlds.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements