August 24, 2019, 08:56:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: UKDFBA UK & International - whos going to watch  (Read 37338 times)
Damo NY

www.damianleestailoredfitness.co.uk

WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2016, 03:44:47 PM »

Mrs and I (as well as clients who are competing and also spectating) will be there at the host hotel from Saturday.

Can't wait and looking forward to catching up with a few of you  Cool
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2016, 06:51:29 PM »

I have no idea which it is

You could have at least read the finals invite I sent you!   Grin

Looking forward to catching up with everyone who's there on Saturday.  It's a hard slog being there taking care of stuff the day before but a great opportunity for us to catch up with and say hi to people we don't get chance to spend time with on the day of the show itself.

The hotel has been fully booked for weeks so I know there'll be a load of you to catch up with.....
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2016, 10:03:02 PM »

It looks sure to be a great show! I really enjoyed my first taste of UKDFBA spectator action at the Heart of England.
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2016, 10:40:39 PM »

It took you long enough fella!  Glad you enjoyed it.

Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2016, 10:41:09 PM »

ADVANCE tickets go off sale Friday night at 10pm GMT. After that, TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE DOOR but at a slightly higher price than in advance.

http://www.seetickets.com/event/uk-international-championships/butterworth-hall/945600
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2016, 10:18:59 AM »

looked a high quality show. well done all competing and involved
Chris C

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2016, 10:20:41 AM »

It was a grand day, great to meet up with everyone again.
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2016, 10:36:24 AM »

Thoroughly enjoyed the day. The Butterworth hall really is a superb venue and was truly fitting for a British finals and International show of this magnitude. It was great meeting up with so many people on the forum too Smiley

Well done to all the competitors, some fantastic battles onstage and it made for some very tight judging decisions indeed. Lee and Amy excelled themselves this year with the work they've put into the federation, they're a real credit to the natural sport.
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2016, 03:07:02 PM »

Nice one Lee and everyone competing. The venue and standard looked awesome on the live feeds coming through. I would have loved to have been able to to come and watch with Matt and Toby etc bit had only just got back from Oz so could no way have gotten a pass.

Really looking forward to the write up.

How did Superplex Steve do?
thebull

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"

Email
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2016, 03:33:39 PM »

Great to see you all yesterday! What an absolutely superb show with a perfect venue, backstage was spot on in terms of running (galts you star). Definitely recommend from an athletes perspective if you get the chance then do it.

The pro class yesterday was the best thing I've seen in the flesh at a natural show. Gozdecki, gray and Adam were breathtaking. All shredded and massive. Adrian has some worldly shots (front lay spread, double bi jump to mind) but for me Richard was a deserving winner on the basis of completeness in physique (not to say Adrian is not!) due to his legs. Just brilliant I will never forget that.

Sam watt would have been very comparable in that line up to, pleased to see him turn pro after the last few years and am sure he will be a challenger in the pro wnbf worlds.

Ben Howard you superstar! Great class victory and a pro in the making- again the inbf don't know what's coming mate.

Kempy and the team- wonderful job. Considering what you have created is voluntary the professionalism is superb and the federation once again gets a tick as a "must compete" if you are in shape.

SuperplexSteve

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2016, 03:51:35 PM »

Nice one Lee and everyone competing. The venue and standard looked awesome on the live feeds coming through. I would have loved to have been able to to come and watch with Matt and Toby etc bit had only just got back from Oz so could no way have gotten a pass.

Really looking forward to the write up.

How did Superplex Steve do?

Hi James, I didn't place but I'm pleased with what I've done this year.  My other half said I looked tired and the line up was the toughest she has seen me in.

I really enjoyed the pro show, definitely a highlight.  It's the first time I've seen these monsters in the flesh.  Very impressive.

Congratulations on your class win Ben.

Great news that Sam won his pro card.  I'm also delighted for Michael and Julian taking the top two in the novices.  Two out of a number of people I've interacted with on social media throughout this process and then had the pleasure of meeting at various shows.
DDG

Email
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2016, 08:04:57 PM »

It was a very good show. Professionally run and smoothly executed. Well done to Lee and Amy for the energy and time invested. My sense is that everyone enjoyed themselves and the competitors were well looked after. The venue was excellent - spacious, good seating and an excellent foyer with lots of space to relax. For next time, I think there could be some refinement of the lighting to further enhance the experience of competitors, the audience and photography.

The classes were a decent standard with the top two in each being especially impressive. The standouts for me were Stuart McCullough and Peter Garay, Ben Howard and Dominic Haley and Sam Watt. Stuart was probably the hardest competitor in all the classes, his back shots were immaculate with shredded glutes (where shredded is no exaggeration!) and rock hard detail all the way down. I was especially impressed with Dominic Haley who looked great. It's the first time I've seen him and he has a really pleasing physique, great aesthetics and full muscle bellies. With sharper condition in his lower body he'll definitely win some overall titles. Sam Watt looked very good. Huge muscle bellies and real 'pop' to his physique. It was difficult to see how he could possibly be beaten carrying so much well proportioned mass. I had Stuart second in the overall.

As far as the pros go, I think only two guys were properly in shape: Adrian Grey and Gordie Adam. Adrian was unfortunate not to take it actually and probably lost out only on weak calves. He was properly conditioned. Rich Gozdecki was off. The softest I've seen him compete on stage actually. His overall shape and balance tipped the scale, however. He might be attempting to 'peak' for something else later on but he certainly ran the risk of defeat yesterday.

Some excellent female figure and physique competitors. My preference is the figure category and here the women were very well balanced and proportioned.

It was great to catch up with a few people too, it's been a while, especially 'mi old mucker' Dave  Cool. Lastly, I very much enjoyed presenting the trophies to the lightweights and especially to Stuart (since he and I go back to 2003) who thoroughly deserved his win!
Rossdog

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2016, 08:33:09 PM »

As far as the pros go, I think only two guys were properly in shape: Adrian Grey and Gordie Adam. Adrian was unfortunate not to take it actually and probably lost out only on weak calves. He was properly conditioned. Rich Gozdecki was off. The softest I've seen him compete on stage actually. His overall shape and balance tipped the scale, however. He might be attempting to 'peak' for something else later on but he certainly ran the risk of defeat yesterday.

Hahahahaha too funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2016, 08:30:17 AM »

A massively enjoyable show from my own perspective. I thought the quality was at another level. The qualification process did its job of eliminating those that we can respect for their own journey but perhaps would not feel they should be on a stage proclaiming itself as the cream of the country and aiming for national titles. I struggle to think of more than a couple who were not of the standard expected.

Slick ran show by Lee. No messing about by the backstage boys, classes were on, did their work, where judged, got their trophy, then their moment to savour, then off the stage and on with the next class. No flaffing about.

Pro class was a two horse race with Gordie right on their shoulders but not quite there. I thought Adrian came alive once he was moved to the middle and got the thing that I most enjoy about him, his attitude and swagger back, when he stomps and his face almost says "Yes, I'm here and this is my time." But Rich won over in the end with a slightly more complete package and everything working well together with a superior balance. I know Dean mentioned a lack of condition there and did to me at the venue but I thought he looked tighter than normal but I will say my seat was not close and my eyes truly are not sharp without my glasses.

I have one confession to make and that is that I have always thought Sam Watt was an arrogant so and so and was not much of a fan. I know I know, judging books by covers and from gossip and I should know better. Well he was sat with us for much of the show after the interval and he is actually such a genuine and nice chap. Really humble, polite and thoughtful. I am a convert and big fan of him not just on stage but as a man. Sorry Sam.

In the overall, he was a worthy winner. I had it between him, Stuart and Ben but had Sam pulling ahead, that mass is incredible.

My final thought was the most important and the overriding feeling of the day for me personally and that was to pray for a full recovery for Martin, the Over 40's third placed gentleman who collapsed backstage. His heart stopped and Alan Mack, Paul Douglas Waller and a woman who's name I am not sure about gave him chest compressions and shocked him with a defibrillator to save his live. It is just a silly sport really and life and death is the most real thing that we all have and experience.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2016, 10:00:38 AM »

I really enjoyed the show.  Big respect to Lee and Amy for taking on such a beast.  It was very well organized and run, and Lee is one of the best with a mic.
It really was a who's who of bodybuilding, on and off the stage, as I had the pleasure of chatting to so many people there  -mr. Jon Harris, John Bibb, Pete Clarke, Alan Mac, Mark Oaks, Tony Monty just to name a few, not to mention the forum fam Toby, Scott, Nic, Ben - the list goes on!
I liked the venue, and the amenities were great.  Like Dean said, a few tweaks and it would be the best ever.  The pro show was stunning, (obviously a massive fan of Adrian, from spending time with him in the states last year)  plus never seeing Rich in the flesh competing before.  Rich was big, and leanest I've seen him, but I think Adrian still topped him in that respect, but Rich's overall balance pipped him (in my opinion).  I think they could have been milked a bit more and made to go  at least one more round of posing (even if just for the audience!).  The way Adrian lights up a stage is truly amazing, and his smile is like a light bulb up there, making it look so effortless.
Especially great to catch up with the old squad from last year, especially Toby and Nigel St. Lewis, plus Adrian, Marcos, Hayley and co.  Very interesting speaking and listening to Gavin Gibson too - he certainly knows his Onions.
Bit of a shock with the Swiss masters guy - a bit scary, especially for those who initially found him.  Hopefully he makes a full and speedy recovery.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements