May 24, 2019, 10:11:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKDFBA UK & International - whos going to watch  (Read 35925 times)
ben-howard

WNBF Pro

Email
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2016, 07:55:06 AM »

great news about Martin, from speaking to him at the show, he seems a real "man's man" and no doubt he will be planning a comeback which would just be amazing!  Cool
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2016, 08:22:31 AM »

Really pleased to hear that Martin is on the road to recovery. It has touched me so much that I have written an editorial this week in my newspaper about first aid and the need for defibrillators. My ex wife and still one of my closest friends runs a charity which funds them. She founded it with our daughters following the death of her long term partner 22 months ago. There were no 24-hour access defibs in our town and she has now raised money for and installed 9 of them around the town.

So like I said, this is all a subject close to something we are working on back home and I had been terribly worried about Martin and that was my overriding emotion after the show. Well done to all involved in helping him
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2016, 10:47:15 AM »

Definitely and they are so easy to use. They tell you what to do as long as you know the safety rules. I wouldn't want anyone to use one unless trained though as there can be dangers and it could leave the user up for major trouble when only trying to help.

However, if training can be organised then they are absolutely required everywhere. So so important.
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2016, 01:23:29 PM »

Lee the pictures look great. A true reflection of the athletes and the venue, what a venue!!

Really pleased that Martin is on the mend and back in Switzerland.
thebull

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"

Email
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2016, 06:36:41 PM »

Great news regarding Martin. Thoughts with him and his loved ones
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2016, 02:59:41 PM »

For those of you who may be interested and may not have seen our FB/IG/Twitter, we're running a crowdfunding page to raise some money to help Martin and his family with the bill they face for his treatment and transfer home.

If you can spare anything, please donate.  Every little helps.....

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/MartinPortnerFund
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2016, 03:01:51 PM »

For those of you who may be interested and may not have seen our FB/IG/Twitter, we're running a crowdfunding page to raise some money to help Martin and his family with the bill they face for his treatment and transfer home.

If you can spare anything, please donate.  Every little helps.....

50 donated.

Come on guys, lets all throw into this, it could be any one of us in the future.
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2016, 03:03:25 PM »

Lee, if you think you get a lot of "traffic" via IG, consider changing the website URL in your IG profile to the justgiving one temporarily. The rubbish thing about IG is that you can't click through from posts. Putting URL in profile is the only way.
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2016, 03:17:41 PM »

Lee, if you think you get a lot of "traffic" via IG, consider changing the website URL in your IG profile to the justgiving one temporarily. The rubbish thing about IG is that you can't click through from posts. Putting URL in profile is the only way.

Good idea.  Thank you.
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2016, 06:33:43 PM »

Report nearly finished.  6000 words and counting!

In the meantime, don't be shy and chuck a few quid martins way......

Scammellman

Email
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2016, 10:13:37 PM »

It was an honour to of stood on stage with such a great champion (4x world champion😲)it's great to hear that he is on the mend .
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements