August 24, 2019, 09:07:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: UKDFBA UK & International - whos going to watch  (Read 37341 times)
fhwill

Email
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2016, 11:38:20 AM »

I didn't see anyone!  Embarrassed No idea how, I'm not blind but managed to not see anyone, except Tony Monty who I spotted in the auditorium!

I really enjoyed the show. Venue was ace. Nice big stage, great open area for food/snacks/chilling. Lighting was a little bright for me, but better than the old venue where one side was slightly darker.

Standard again I thought was great. I was really really impressed with the Pro Men's Bodybuilding. I've only seen Rich guest pose and he looked awesome in the line up -so wide! I love really tall big, impressive Heavyweight pro's. The two with me preferred Adrian, I preferred Rich and thought they were blind  Grin

Ladies Bodybuilding were two great line-up's. Really motivating.

Ladies Figure tough line-up, those girls looked really hard to me!  Shocked I liked the girl in 2nd. I also loved a tall blonde girl who didn't place, her name is escaping me this morning... #oldage

I even watched Bikini and Men's Physique. I found them really hard classes to judge in terms of size required. The men's winner stood out for his stage presence and for Bikini I liked Billie(?) in the red bikini. Thought some of the girls were a bit big.

That poor Masters guy looked like he was struggling onstage. Hope he recovers fully. And was Yvette Arthur ok? She looked like she got a bit dizzy too...

All in all, a great day. Really pleased I went.

Now... where can I get one of those gear free rear tshirts? Saw quite a few in the audience. They weren't selling them on the stand.
Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2016, 02:06:33 PM »

Looked like a great show, UK natty bodybuilding is definitely on a high. Well done to all involved.
Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2016, 02:34:41 PM »

Oh and as Im known for being super honest the videos and pictures I have seen I think Adrian beat Rich. He had a more aesthetic shape for me with just as much muscle and balance (didnt notice the calves) and his condition seemed better than Rich's.

Just being honest but Im sure it was close and both looked great as did Geordie and Sam. Peter Garay didnt look as hard as the BNBF finals in the pic I have seen. Thats about all I took from being an arm chair internet fan.
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2016, 05:30:42 PM »

Good Show, I was a bit late on account of a busy morning but managed to catch the end of the masters class onwards;

I couldn't really judge it as the trophies were being handed out as I arrived but Richard Walker seemed to bring razor sharp condition and I noticed that Wes Clarke was in very good shape and had the better structure but when someone can get as lean as Richard and they have balanced musculature its a hard act to beat.

In Novice Michael Sheun had an outstanding structure and great development from the rear, his condition was not as razor sharp at it had been earlier in the year when winning the NPA and BNBF novice classes but he had IMO the most evenly developed physique on stage in good enough condition to present a package worthy of first place. The gent they placed in first was absolutely peeled and was probably one of the leanest on the day but was slightly less blessed in structure and symmetry. Still the gent had obviously worked his jaffas off.

Mens Physique and womens bikini I didn't really bother with, I think I went for a coffee and chinwag with Monty and Dean while these were going on.

In women's bodybuilding we had the slightly bizarre situation where Yvette Arthur looked on the verge of passing out and had to be given water by Mark Oakes. I am not really sure what was going on but I do dislike it when it seems competitors dehydrate themselves to extreme levels. THis is natural bodybuilding after all. In terms of the physiques presented it was a very very strong lineup with a good blend of extreme condition from Yvette and Karon and some serious tissue on show from Nicola and another lady in a pink bikini who's name escapes me but she was very impressive. I personally am not a fan of the trend that exists for condition to get weighed quite as heavily as it seems to in womens bodybuilding but that is just a personal opinion.

The Lightweight competitor Stuart McCullough was very impressive, outstanding posterior chain development and a properly developed and conditioned back and hamstrings. I am good friends with Peter Garay who placed 2nd and in spite of Peter edging the front and side shots in terms of symmetry and structure he was behind in terms of condition and the rear shots. His condition although better than it has been in the past just wasn't all the way dialled in and if he can get to that spot he would be hard to beat. Steven Cheng looked great and I really respect how much effort he ahs put into this season. A chap called David North I think was in 3rd, very sharp but lacked the development and structure that Peter and Stuart had.

Middles had Ben Howard who I have been looking forward to watching compete, Big Dom who have a chatted to at the MWC and a very impressive physique as mentioned and Gordon Greenhorn who is a fellow powerlifter ending up in the top spots. Again a good class to watch with Ben Showing great hardness and detail from behind aswell as plenty of muscle in the front shots. Dom looks great, his shape is fantastic and Gordon is another competitor who has a complete, heavily muscled physique.

In the heavies it was great to see Pete Bullard on stage, it was the first time I have seen the man from the south compete and his conditioning was very impressive to the point where he was probably the hardest guy on the stage next to Sam. I had also never seen Alan Mack compete and he is a very animated guy with a great free posing routine, the posedown though consisted of him running into the audience to grab his kids, shouting out battle cry's and trying to shove Sam Watt aside which didn't go very well for him ( a swift should barge off the stage from Sam calmed him down.) Sam was a well deserving winner and was probably a good way ahead of the pack.

The pro class pitted shear size and balance of Richard against the superior conditioning, taper and rear shots of Adrian. I think that when it came to hardness in the legs, hamstrings and glutes Adrian was ahead but in terms of overall development throughout the physique then Richard was in the lead. I saw it as being very tight with Adrian being let down by his calf development and Richard could of been charper in the abdomen/quads but that may of been at the expense of exhibiting the muscle fullness that is his trademark. Good battle.

A good entertaining show and it was great to have a laugh with a lot of familiar faces from the past and some new guys. Really had fun spectating with Dean and backstage with a good bunch of lads in Nick Adams, Michael Sheun, Dave Oakes and Peter Garay Backstage.
Dawn

WWW Email
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2016, 06:24:03 PM »

That poor Masters guy looked like he was struggling onstage. Hope he recovers fully. And was Yvette Arthur ok? She looked like she got a bit dizzy too...

Yvette is fine. I had to help her get dressed and got her to lie on the floor with her feet up....Karen Gunson went to get her a sweet milky coffee and some officials from the venue brought her some water in...they continued to look after her. When I spoke to her she told me her coach had advised her not to drink water!! NO WATER ALL BLOODY DAY!! I was furious and said her coach needs effing shooting.
Dawn

WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2016, 06:33:29 PM »

In women's bodybuilding we had the slightly bizarre situation where Yvette Arthur looked on the verge of passing out and had to be given water by Mark Oakes. I am not really sure what was going on but I do dislike it when it seems competitors dehydrate themselves to extreme levels. THis is natural bodybuilding after all. In terms of the physiques presented it was a very very strong lineup with a good blend of extreme condition from Yvette and Karon and some serious tissue on show from Nicola and another lady in a pink bikini who's name escapes me but she was very impressive. I personally am not a fan of the trend that exists for condition to get weighed quite as heavily as it seems to in womens bodybuilding but that is just a personal opinion.

Ladies in pink were Alison Todd and Eve Cooke who had a dark pink/red bikini on (Eve had red hair and plaited). Alison was to the right of the stage, Eve to the left.

Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2016, 08:20:49 PM »

It was Eve - Alison was in a "flame" bikini Smiley
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2016, 08:21:34 PM »

PS thanks Dave for the positive feedback Cheesy
Dawn

WWW Email
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2016, 08:55:45 PM »

It was Eve - Alison was in a "flame" bikini Smiley

Hah!! My age is obviously affecting my memory  Cool In that case thank you David. I shall pass your comments on to Eve, she will be delighted that someone noticed her  Grin
Dawn

WWW Email
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2016, 09:27:39 PM »

Not the clearest of pics but here's one of Nic's fab back with Eve showing off her hammies  Cool

Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2016, 07:02:05 PM »

Shots filtering out of the show now and I really love these ones of Sam Watt. B&W and blackened background work well. Shot one is a canvas one to keep for Sam

[attachment expired]
ben-howard

WNBF Pro

Email
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2016, 07:27:33 PM »

Incredible shots of an incredible bodybuilder! The photography is top class and really captures more than just the fantastic physiques on show.
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2016, 08:42:39 PM »

Great pics.  Make sure you get yours up Ben be great to see them
SuperplexSteve

« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2016, 08:49:12 PM »

Those are some pretty fantastic shots.
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2016, 09:31:09 PM »

Shots filtering out of the show now and I really love these ones of Sam Watt. B&W and blackened background work well. Shot one is a canvas one to keep for Sam

Thanks Toby.  I loved those shots.  In fact, all of them I've seen have been great.  The background is just "as is" though, with no tweaking.  You know I'm a stickler for that....

The rest of the winners shots and the results should be on the website very soon.  Obviously, looking after Martin and his family took priority in the days following the show and I only got to look through the photos late on Thursday night after we'd established what was happening with him.

And on that note, Martin and his brother were flown home Friday morning and he's in hospital in Bern, Switzerland now.  Up and about and playing video games today so on the mend.....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements