May 25, 2019, 12:25:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long is a piece of string, or, how long does it take to build muscle?  (Read 3193 times)
Stephen1974

« on: August 17, 2016, 04:54:41 PM »

Hi All,

I know thats a total newb question but not seeing results is a huge reason why people stop working out.
I need advice, not so much on how long it takes but more on how much I need to do.

I'm trying to improve my chest, arms and shoulders and I have limited resources to be able to do so. I cant go to a gym so Im stuck with a simple bench (no option for a bar) and dumb bells. For my chest im currently doing press ups, dumb bell presses and flys. I've been doing this for a few weeks with the aim of adding a kilo a week to what im lifting.

Adding weight certainly gives you the feeling of progression but there isnt any visible signs of progression.

What do people suggest on;

How much to work each area? and at what point are you over working as at the moment I work every day on my upper body.
How long would one reasonably expect to have to wait for visual signs of improvement?

SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 05:10:35 PM »

Hi Stephen

Generally I work on the basis that if i'm getting stronger or adding more reps I'm growing muscle. Not this might take months or years to see the gains in that area but thats the basis I work on. I hope this helps?
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 10:32:26 PM »

I really think its as simple as;

Really enjoy your training, invest in it, read about it, try loads of stuff and give your all.

no point thinking too hard about it when starting out, just train every muscle hard and eat right.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements