July 17, 2019, 05:20:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Lewis Rossi - The Process  (Read 92291 times)
Rossdog

« on: September 02, 2016, 02:33:26 PM »

Hey guys it's great to be back posting on the forum. After a solid 4 month prep in the trenches I believe I brought my best package to the stage at the UKDFBA northern championships. Winning the middleweight title! It was very intense hard diet and very challenging! After taking a week away from the gym and 'bodybuilding bro foods' I'm now back to start my off season I'll be logging all my workouts & the vast majority of my daily intake of food, along with weekly videos of different workouts. I found this site and your guys feedback incredibly helpful during my last off season!! I decided to compete with 16 weeks notice as 2016 was meant to be a year off to challenge at the top of men's open weight classes, I'm now back to focussing on family & my increased roll in the family business which had to take a back seat in the final few weeks of prep! I'll be back to the stage after this off season with the goal of challenging at the top of my weight class.

I have outlined a training programme I am going to follow over the next 12-16 weeks or so. It will be very similar to the approach of Dallas Mccarver and his coach Matt Jansen. In the past I have focused more on winging training and letting my intensity and volume do the work, and although I will be still doing this I am focussing my training more periodically and progressively especially on the big compound lifts! My training split will be as stated underneath, however rest days will be taken as and when required. Hopefully will get some training videos up with rich gozdecki too as he preps for the UK pro show, WNBF European and world championships, as I will be making the 100mile journey down to his most weekends between now and his comps to see how he is looking and train!

Week 1
Day 1: Back
Day 2: Chest with accessory shoulders
Day 3: Quads with accessory hamstrings and calves
Day 4: Biceps (free weight focus) Tricep (blood volume machine based)
Rest

Week 2
Day 1: Back width
Day 2: Shoulders with accessory chest
Day 3: Hamstrings with accessory quads and calves
Day 4: Triceps (compounds) Biceps (blood volume machine based)
Rest

In terms of my off season meal plan I will stick to a solid base of 6 meals per day as I usually do trying to push the calories up and have a target weight in mind of 100kg over the coming months post comp. my meal plan will vary each day but the macro nutrient content will be similar each day depending on the body part. I will also add 2 cheat meals out each week usual one on a weekend and the other post legs/ back.

Today's food

Meal 1
50g optimum nutrition gold standard whey
100 g shreddies raw measure
100g - blueberries
omega 3,6,9 , 2x vitamin d3 (my protein)

Meal 2
220g Sirloin steak raw
100g - raw weight whole meal pasta 
50g cherry tomatoes

Meal 3 (Pre Training)
250g Turkey breast
250g Flavoured vegetable rice
75g asparagus

Meal 4 (Post Training)
80g Oats 
25g natural jam 
50g - whey protein optimum nutrition gold standard

Meal 5
220g Rump steak 
300g - White potato
Potato made as mash with a little butter

Meal 6
4 whole eggs omelette
2 slices whole meal bread
20g fruit jam & 20g almond butter
1000mg vitamin c 1x daily vitamin 2x fish oils

Looking forward to be back posting I feel between 2014 & 2016 I made great strides in my physique stepping up from the juniors into the men's open weight classes. I am now looking to improve upon that again and return in a couple of years time with the goal of challenging the top at national level. Time to enjoy some good food, hard heavy intense training, family time & focus on running the family business along side this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fhwill

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 03:31:46 PM »

Welcome back  Cool So I take it you're not doing the UK Finals then?
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 04:15:36 PM »

Welcome back mate. I did not realise you were prepping until I saw some Puerto Banus pictures. Well done on winning a busy class.

Was surprised to see you at middleweight, what was stage weight compared to the Calendonian?
Rossdog

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 05:38:22 PM »

Compared to two years ago I was in the same ball park in terms of weight but condition especially in lower body was far far superior !!!
Back in the gym today for a nice ease my way back in kind of session weights moderate and rest periods really low 30-40 second range.
Straight arm rope pull downs 7 sets muscle rounds 20-30 seconds rest
Assisted chins 3 sets wide / 3 sets close
Chest supported t bar 4x  12-12-10-8 same weight
Rope face pulls 3x 15 reps
Reverse cable fly 4x15-20 reps
Alternate dumbbell curls with hammers 3 sets 12 each arm
Rope hammer curls 3x12 drop last

Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 06:53:13 PM »

Hey Lew  Cheesy Great to see you back here. Massive congrats on the Northern win. You not doing the Finals?

Will follow your journal with interest.

Re training with Rich, I am there on Friday (9th) training with him, if you'll be around? Be great to train with you both (although it might kill me LOL!)
Rossdog

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 06:59:10 PM »

Haha I'm sure that would be good but I'll be going Saturday's to sleep over and then train early Sunday mornings Smiley
No not doing finals, that 15 week prep from 95kg to 80kg really battered my body, and dat to day life was incredibly hard, especially when I wasn't going to compete this year anyway. Just need that normality back with family life & also can't afford to neglect business for any longer as I'm needed there.

Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 07:03:02 PM »

I can understand that mate. Sorry I won't see you next week. Rich & I have been trying to co-ordinate weekend training but we just couldn't find a weekend day we could both do.
Rossdog

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 07:06:15 PM »

Would be awesome to arrange it to train the three of us together would be cool to get it videoed too!!

Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 08:55:54 PM »

Let's try to make it happen!
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 09:00:47 PM »

Nice to see you back, bro and well done on your win! Great condition and improvements  Smiley

What is the weight cut off then as I remember you being a heavy at the Yorkshire O78 and you said you were 80k for the middles?
SuperplexSteve

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 09:04:37 PM »

Congrats on the win, looking awesome. It makes it even sweeter that you beat a stacked line up.

The decision not to continue on this season is completely understandable.  Some things in life take priority.
Rossdog

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2016, 10:08:27 PM »

In the ukdfba the cut off was 80kg n I scrapped just under to perfection ha! I was around the same two years ago.
I'll be back when I'm ready to challenge at the very top of the national level.

Rossdog

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2016, 08:54:59 AM »

Up early this morning as me & Laura are going to Manchester for the weekend away!! Been a long time coming this trip, I was a nightmare during prep and she stood by me more than I could've imagined, helped prepping my meals, countless motivational texts to perk me up when I was real low, helped me grind out that last 5% condition, so mega excited to spend this weekend away with her!

100g oats 1 banana 60g whey isolate pre workout push session

Cable flys superset rope push downs 5 sets 20 reps per exercise
Dips superset Ez push downs 4 sets 12/12 reps
Standing bench press video to follow 3 sets 8 plus 3 sets of 8 banded
4 sets 20 DB side laterals into 20 DB front raises
1 set cable fly drop set to failure

Rossdog

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2016, 10:12:11 AM »

When I am thru at Laura's in Sheffield I train at an excellent facility, muscle performance! Check them out on Facebook the array of kit they have is unreal!! Every style of machine u could imagine!! Here's the standing bench press I did today with bands. Awesome bit of kit!!!

https://youtu.be/bw45XzXyOm0

Turpin

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2016, 12:35:32 PM »

Very impressive physiques in that pic... well done.

T.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements