January 16, 2019, 09:00:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Lewis Rossi - The Process  (Read 82367 times)
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2016, 02:26:15 PM »

You looked very good up there Lewis, great work!

Peter Garay who competed with you is a local guy, great compact little bodybuilder that should given Stephen Olagoke a good fight if he gets into lightweights at the BNBF.
Rossdog

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 06:46:34 PM »

Yeah Pete is good he weighed in at 71 I think and would be very dangerous in slightly better nick at 69 I agree. Condition u brought was great on the day should be mega proud of your season.
Cheers Turpin been a lot of hard work in the last 2 years. Heading in the right direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 07:55:02 PM »

Great win mate. What was it that made this prep tougher than previous
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 09:16:08 PM »

Cheers, it's been great getting back into it, a lot of good laughs and really fired up for next year.

It was a tough class you were in, Chidgey and Garay had especially turned up to win and are top class competitors. You brought the condition and the fullness and thats what the game is about. I always over do my condition and it winds me up so I am going to see if I can bring a different look to the NPA finals and UKDFBA if I do them.

It's a bastard gettin sharp and balancing it with work/normal life. I get why you are happy with taking a tough class win and a job done right, then coming back when you have done the work to take a national and international title.

Good luck man, and I will be watching the ride!
Rossdog

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2016, 09:20:52 AM »

Hey Scott, well there were no cheats for 15 weeks, just structured high can days, my carbs trickled from around 270 down to 125 at there lowest and that was with double cardio sessions every day. I would have a high day of around 400g Saturday & a slightly lower day on leg day of around 300-350 Wednesday's. I just took the whole prep more professionally, I took an awful lot from listening to the Brian Whitacre podcasts he did post worlds. I just think the main area I improved was mental toughness in the hard days which I thought I had before but to get in that condition n to get down under 80kg was very tough!
Yes Dave my overall goal is to one day become a pro bodybuilder, we all gotta dream haven't we and aspire to something, I just love the challenge of prep and the off season. I know where I have to improve, I just have to let my body recover somewhat and then get back at it. 100%

SuperplexSteve

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2016, 11:40:23 AM »

Approaching contest prep in a professional way is definitely the right thing to do.  One almost needs to treat it like a second job.  I think that's slightly easier to do for PTs that compete, because preparing for a show is obviously goal congruent with what they do for a living.  For the rest of us, it's difficult, because people around you observe and think it's strange that you're putting your body through hell

Once you strip out the emotion and look at your progress objectively, it relieves a lot of stress.  It's easier said than done though, especially after back to back days of double cardio sessions!  Well done again.
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 11:53:03 AM »

..One almost needs to treat it like a second job.

100% agree with this, and it's how I've rationalised it in my own mind, and actually explained it to other people during prep in the past. Obviously it's not a 2nd job cos it doesn't earn me any money! But you do have to think of it all as a job I think. to some people that might sound negative or too much pressure , etc, but it's a mentality that helps me.
Rossdog

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 12:13:50 PM »

I just treat it like it was my job 😂 haha everything else came second.
Nice night in Manchester with Laura massive cheat meal, at Rosso's Italian restaurant (owned by Rio Ferdinand) was lovely!!!! Nice & Rest day today before back in the gym Tomoro!

SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2016, 09:13:25 PM »

Hey Scott, well there were no cheats for 15 weeks, just structured high can days, my carbs trickled from around 270 down to 125 at there lowest and that was with double cardio sessions every day. I would have a high day of around 400g Saturday & a slightly lower day on leg day of around 300-350 Wednesday's. I just took the whole prep more professionally, I took an awful lot from listening to the Brian Whitacre podcasts he did post worlds. I just think the main area I improved was mental toughness in the hard days which I thought I had before but to get in that condition n to get down under 80kg was very tough!
Yes Dave my overall goal is to one day become a pro bodybuilder, we all gotta dream haven't we and aspire to something, I just love the challenge of prep and the off season. I know where I have to improve, I just have to let my body recover somewhat and then get back at it. 100%

Thanks for the explanation  mate. I know your a workhorse and can tell your very driven so glad your a step closer to your ultimate goal. Enjoy the down time before  full off season  begins
Rossdog

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2016, 05:06:59 PM »

Today's leg session was pretty excruciating, a little different from usual and an entirely different burn to the one you get from squats. Completed in 40-45mins.
Muscle rounds - 7-8 sets of 12-8 rep target 15-20 seconds rest between sets, no leaving the machine
Leg extensions
Laying leg curls
Banded close stance hack squats
Standing calves

Meal 1: 100g shreddies 50g whey isolate 100g blueberries
Meal 2&3: 220g chicken breast, 250g cooked weight rice
Meal 4 pre workout: 50g whey isolate 60g shreddies 50g blueberries
Post workout 50g whey isolate, 1x banana
Meal 5: 250g chicken, 1x pita bread, 100g cooked weight rice, 100g grilled holloumi cheese
Meal 6: 4 whole eggs 3 slices burden seeded bread

Rossdog

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2016, 05:48:31 PM »

Cool shot from my shoot with Lee Archer

Rossdog

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2016, 05:11:43 PM »

Pull Session
1- straight arm pull downs muscle round 7 sets target rep range 8-12 15-20 seconds rest
2- pause rep rack barbell rows 3x10-12 add chains
3- incline bench rows (with Straight bar underhand) 3x12-15
4- chin ups 4 sets to failure
5- reverse cables 3 sets higher reps 15-25 reps
6- hi rope cable face pulls 3 sets 12

Good session today hit loads of different angles, covered different rep ranges, some different exercises.

Rossdog

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2016, 05:24:20 PM »

Push Session

1. Cable flys - 2 ways standing, 10 reps elbows high straight out in front, 10 reps elbows lower incline emphasis leaning in 10 reps. 4 sets total
2. Flat bench press - add chains for support at bottom of movement (3 warm ups) 5x6 with 110-120kg
3. Body weight dips - 5 sets to failure low rest periods, last set rest pause style (back to flat bench 120kg x failure 3 reps)
4. Dumbbell side laterals - 3 sets 10 full range of motion, 10 partials straight arm
5. Dumbbell front raises superset standing dumbbell press 3 sets 10 reps in each using the same Dumbbells
6. 4 sets of 12 reps plus a last set double drop on straight bar push downs and v bar push downs

Felt really strong on bench today happy with that. First time in a very long time I don't have a training partner so to hit them numbers post show with no spot whatsoever very happy. Pre exhaust with cables mainly as a warm up and to prevent injury.

SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2016, 05:14:23 PM »

great shot mate. really great to have some pics from a  tough prep. I train solo and it's certainly different from having someone there to help.
Rossdog

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2016, 05:20:28 PM »

Leg session

1. Muscle rounds - 8 sets 20 seconds rest 12-8 rep target weight same throughout no leaving the machine Leg extensions plus 2 extra sets 20 with squeeze

2. 4 sets of 20 reps Hack Squats with bands
3. 4 sets 15-20 reps pin machine leg press close stance
4. 4 sets 20 laying leg curls - rest pause if needed

Decent leg session today nothing crazy just making sure I get them in twice a week like this for the next few weeks until my body is fully recovered and I have some weight back on before in back squatting and progressing the lifts.
Yeah galts Lee archer is an unreal photographer really glad I was able to shoot with him just before my show.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements