August 24, 2019, 10:40:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time saving tips regarding food  (Read 3338 times)
ChopperTheDog

« on: September 22, 2016, 10:08:59 PM »

Hi, I've recently started working out my calories and breaking it into 6 meals but I seem to be spending all my spare time calculating, logging, weighing, cooking, washing up and generally neglecting my family. I wish I cold cook a weeks worth of rice and just pull out what I need each day for example but apparently you can't do that with rice.
I personally am doing;
Breakfast 800cals
Snack 360
Lunch 600
Snack 360
Dinner 600
About 8pm a protein shake which is about 80 cals.
What I'm asking is "how do you save time?" What are your time saving tips and what have you learnt to streamline this way of living.
Over the very short time I've been doing this I've learnt that quinoa is ok to cook in bulk and eat over a few days but it tastes like sweaty socks.
Thanks
JF

Believe

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 03:38:35 PM »

Condense your meals down into just 3 meals per day. Voila.
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 05:22:46 PM »

This might help
http://www.gymprofessor.com/diet/don-t-spoil-the-broth-food-prep-made-easy/

I have my carbs fresh so breakfast, postworkout and dinner. That way i'm just cooking normal meals.

Rice isn't my favourite cold if i'm honest, sweet potatoes and oats taste better and keep better. Miro wave rice would work as well.

Batch cook meats and use protein shakes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements