May 23, 2019, 08:09:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: BNBF final and Grand Prix live streaming  (Read 37107 times)
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2016, 09:38:26 PM »

I am not sure yet how I sit on the divide on the day rule, I have swayed both ways to be honest as I do see both sides of the argument and can agree with most opinions on it.

The divide on the day and number per split should in theory be, if we had lets say 6 competitors as two light, two middle, two heavy. But what if weights are 72,72, 73, 73.5, 80 and 82?

Dawn

WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2016, 10:08:34 PM »

The divide on the day and number per split should in theory be, if we had lets say 6 competitors as two light, two middle, two heavy. But what if weights are 72,72, 73, 73.5, 80 and 82?

LT 72 72
MT 73 73.5
HW 80 82
Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2016, 10:12:16 PM »

You let the guy who weighed in at 73.5 weigh in again and push the one who weighed 73 to heavyweight of course  Grin
stuartmc92

Email
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2016, 10:21:41 PM »

Actually publishing it explicitly might be the answer. Apologies if this is already the case
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2016, 10:30:40 PM »

LT 72 72
MT 73 73.5
HW 80 82

Or slightly different - 72,72, 73, 73.5, 74 and 84
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2016, 10:38:46 PM »

LT 72 72
MT 73 73.5
HW 80 82

But isn't that what caused the number discrepancy above in class numbers so you would have
2 LW
3 MW
1 HW
Dawn

WWW Email
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2016, 10:47:33 PM »

LT 72 72
MT 73 73.5
HW 80 82

But isn't that what caused the number discrepancy above in class numbers so you would have
2 LW
3 MW
1 HW

I would agree with that split too!!
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2016, 11:32:46 PM »

Exactly. Which is why I gave an example of when it would be necessary to have an uneven split

fhwill

Email
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2016, 08:31:22 AM »

As someone else said, you don't ask you don't get  Wink It's that simple.

Why didn't Josh ask where that would've put him?  Huh just saying...

Maybe Michael looked at his weight and thought it was high for him so decided to come back again.

In this instance, clearly the numbers were close so the split wasn't as obvious. I've seen it being done, the names don't get written down, the numbers simply go on a piece of paper lowest to highest and lines get drawn under where the splits should go. There are things I'm not keen on with the BNBF, as with all feds, BUT I've seen this process being done several times with my own eyes and there really is no conspiracy, sorry.

You can't use Maths well because let's say all men rocked up at a show and there were no 'obvious' middles just really light lights and really heavy heavies, with a few unlucky sods in between; those unlucky ones would get 'pushed' into Middles.

As an aside, anyone remember the year that there were weight splits and Sean rocked up to the BNBF Finals and weighed in in every bit of clothing and shoes he could find and weighed in as a Heavy?  Grin Huh Am thinking he probably didn't have to come back to be re-weighed  Grin
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2016, 09:54:33 AM »

I remember the story on that!  That was crazy to allow it to happen.

Regarding the weight splits, logic says group people together to the nearest weight, and have odd numbered classes - who cares?
I get the re-weighing thing, sure - no problem.  BUT only in the allotted window of weigh in surely? A whole day different is a bit much I feel.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2016, 10:55:47 AM »

Whether its a conspiracy or not its still a farse and a flawed system that somebody weighed in lighter and believed that was that and then ended in a heavier weight class.

A solid system with a decent basis and formula wouldnt allow this to happen.
MJB

« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2016, 11:43:40 AM »

Maybe Michael looked at his weight and thought it was high for him so decided to come back again.

In this instance, clearly the numbers were close so the split wasn't as obvious. I've seen it being done, the names don't get written down, the numbers simply go on a piece of paper lowest to highest and lines get drawn under where the splits should go. There are things I'm not keen on with the BNBF, as with all feds, BUT I've seen this process being done several times with my own eyes and there really is no conspiracy, sorry.

You can't use Maths well because let's say all men rocked up at a show and there were no 'obvious' middles just really light lights and really heavy heavies, with a few unlucky sods in between; those unlucky ones would get 'pushed' into Middles.

As an aside, anyone remember the year that there were weight splits and Sean rocked up to the BNBF Finals and weighed in in every bit of clothing and shoes he could find and weighed in as a Heavy?  Grin Huh Am thinking he probably didn't have to come back to be re-weighed  Grin

Yep Flick, he weighed in wearing a deep sea diving suit complete with helmet and weighted boots, with the pockets lined with mobile phones, car keys and 100 worth of loose change...anything to avoid being just light enough to see him carted off into the Middleweight class where he knew, when surveying the line up present on the day he wouldn't have fared nearly as well as in the Heavyweight class which he ultimately competed in and won. Essentially a mockery it must be said...
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2016, 11:58:15 AM »

Yep Flick, he weighed in wearing a deep sea diving suit complete with helmet and weighted boots, with the pockets lined with mobile phones, car keys and 100 worth of loose change...anything to avoid being just light enough to see him carted off into the Middleweight class where he knew, when surveying the line up present on the day he wouldn't have fared nearly as well as in the Heavyweight class which he ultimately competed in and won. Essentially a mockery it must be said...

I turned up at a boxing venue to fight a guy once and he pulled out, was the third time in a row and I was fed up. The same happened to the heavyweight and I asked to fight him instead. Was told no due to weight difference BUT I had not weighed in and they were assuming my weight. I managed to get enough in my pockets and stuffed around what I wore, kept jeans on, to weigh 84kg and so took on this lad who weighed 91kg.

He stopped me in the second round, I cannot remember much of it though! Joe Harvey was his name and a year later I saw him in the ABA finals on BBC2. Oops
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2016, 12:32:29 PM »

Think that just indicates the weakness of the field that year. Very trophy hunter move if it wasnt true bodyweight but in theory goong up a class shpuld ne a disadvantage
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2016, 12:37:39 PM »

Lol Toby you crazy bastard ballsy though
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements