July 17, 2019, 11:39:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Elbow Tendinitis  (Read 3818 times)
Groovemaster

« on: September 26, 2016, 07:57:30 PM »

Does or has anyone had issues with elbow tendinitis? Iv had issues on and off this year with it, right where the bottom of my tricep/meets elbow it painfullnto touch and it always follows with a tight painful tricep and slight niggle in my shoulder. I was lifting too heavy on db bench presses when it first flared up. I took a month off and switched my programming around to bypass any bd excersises to put a bit less stress on forearms/stabilisers and it worked a treat.

Untill this week! Nothings changes for months in my training.. Im even micro loading with 0.5plates to avoid any injury but its raised its evil head again! Iv kept it at bay with active release/lacross ball massage as ten years as a drummer has given me some pretty dense and tens muscles. I also bought some voodoo floss (cheaper version) that also works but Im thinking I need to try something else maybe while im training.. Elbow wrap? Etc and wondering if anyones had success with something other than what I've mentioned.

Iv steered clear of any direct arm work as it always seems angry after the session
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 11:25:53 PM »

Have you been to the doctor? My mate has same thing and been getting acupuncture and physcio   
Dawn

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 10:45:27 PM »

I've had tennis elbow and got my osteopath to get his thumbs in (he does all body stuff too). I didn't realise how tight the muscles had become in my forearm and after just one session it eased off. I go once a month to him for an MOT so for 3 visits I got him to repeat the treatment and it has really subsided now.
Groovemaster

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 06:35:25 PM »

Went to doctor and followed the physio route a decade a go and it was pointless to be honest, was mainly down to tendons in my forearm from drumming for hours a day at uni so had to pack up.

Since my initial post the issues has past in my elbow and im just left with a super tight tricep now so iv been rolling and mashing that  😬

Did the acupuncture work at all for your mate dan?
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 02:45:34 PM »

I was having elbow issues and my sports massage guy did some work on the area. Really helped, did arms since pain free.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements