March 26, 2019, 01:48:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: NPA Britain 2016  (Read 22184 times)
Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2016, 11:47:58 PM »

Shocked

Wow how did this thread slip under the radar.

I'll be back (going to think of something controversial to stir up a shit storm)
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2016, 11:52:12 PM »

Thanks Smithey Smiley

And Jester....yeah...I've only heard the vague details and seen one pic but that was my initial reaction. Making (literally) a joke out of an actual British Finals? Erm....

It happens often  Grin
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2016, 12:06:50 AM »

It was a risky move by MJP, but desperate times require desperate measures it might raise the profile and increase show numbers or it might make us all look like bellends 🙂.

On a positive note that conan statue at mwc looked awesome. 👌🏼
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2016, 08:34:01 AM »

Yeah I guess in fairness, when one is desperate you have to give anything a punt. I will let him off a little as I can see why he has taken a risk. When the fed folds in the next year or so, he can say he gave it a go I suppose.
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2016, 11:16:14 PM »

A valuable contribution from you both gentlemen, rich and interesting Wink

Having competed in a couple of british finals and all 3 orgs I can say as a life time drug free athlete that I really like what the NPA is about and the competitors within it.  I don't really get the impetus to knock the other federations, I lift BDFPA and couldn't give a flying f&@ about what the GBPF are doing. If your loyal to one org more the power to you and if you are loyal to none of them well I guess that's just how you roll. I don't think anyone gets anything constructive out of dropping crappy comments around the shop though  Roll Eyes

This is one thing that does annoy me, either roll up the sleeves and get stuck into helping in a organisation you believe in or deal with the problem in a direct way. If neither of those work why waste your time slating the voluntary non profit work someone is putting into our sport?

Maybe I am getting old or find that my time is taken up by training and life so I don't have the spare emotional energy  for this kind of thing. Or maybe if I had a an issue with an org I would leave it alone and compete elsewhere...
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2016, 04:37:55 AM »

"Or maybe if I had a an issue with an org I would leave it alone and compete elsewhere..." or maybe you have put your faith in the wrong fed. Maybe there is more to it. Maybe there are actually things that have happened behind the scenes which would totally change your point of view.

But, I understand your comment. I respect the people in the NPA, I have a huge problem with one person and trust me, there is very solid reasons for that. But I take your message on board.
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2016, 08:26:29 AM »

Toby  know you love the sport mate, and trust me I know that no organisation is beyond reproach or perhaps falls entirely in line with my own ideals. I have been on the sharp end of a few experiences in natural bodybuilding that I wouldn't repeat but at the same time the sport is better for having different Feds and different choices for athletes.

I believe that Michael, Lee and Vicky are fundamentally decent people who give a lot back to the game. I couldn't do what they do in terms of what they give back.

Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2016, 06:26:19 PM »

I appreciate what all three do in terms of voluntary work and effort for the sport.

I also appreciate NPA offerin the the only lifetime natural stage which is good for lifetime naturals.

That doesn't mean I like choices that some of these people make and the way they do things. With great power comes great responsibility as they say.

Some people abuse the power and others just dont live up to the responsibility.

Lee does well though.  Wink
fhwill

Email
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2016, 09:11:40 AM »

When the fed folds in the next year or so, he can say he gave it a go I suppose.

You don't need to stoop that low Toby, I don't 'know' you but sense you're better than that  Wink
If any Natural Fed folds it would be a sorry day in my opinion. I'm not keen on some things the NPA do/or say either but it's a place where a lot of people do choose to compete, and I'd be sorry if that was taken away from them.
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2016, 09:33:52 AM »

When the fed folds in the next year or so, he can say he gave it a go I suppose.

You don't need to stoop that low Toby, I don't 'know' you but sense you're better than that  Wink
If any Natural Fed folds it would be a sorry day in my opinion. I'm not keen on some things the NPA do/or say either but it's a place where a lot of people do choose to compete, and I'd be sorry if that was taken away from them.

Embarrassed Embarrassed

You are right, I apologise. My personal dislike for one individual, which has justifiable reasoning IMO clouded that as in truth I am fans and admire everyone else associated with the fed
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2016, 09:38:55 AM »

I'm rubbing off on him and corrupting his innocent mind "muhahahahaha"  Grin
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2016, 09:57:54 AM »

I understand some peoples frustrations, and heard some very valid points.  BUT - like Davey has said, for these people who dedicate a large portion of their lives to run federations they are passionate about, for a platform for others to use for their sport they are also passionate about can only be a good thing.  Running something like that isn't something you can pick up and put down when one feels like it.
It's easier to knock something down and criticise than look at the bigger picture, as Flick rightly said.
Each to their own opinion I say, as long as it's not corrupting other peoples judgements.

If MJP, Lee and Vicky (plus Bob Bell / Tina Smith) et al decided to throw the towel in what would be left for us to compete with?
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2016, 09:59:29 AM »

If MJP, Lee and Vicky (plus Bob Bell / Tina Smith) et al decided to throw the towel in what would be left for us to compete with?

Welcome to the Helston Classic
fhwill

Email
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2016, 10:19:48 AM »

I nearly said that myself!  Tongue

I'm rubbing off on him and corrupting his innocent mind "muhahahahaha"  Grin
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2016, 10:36:57 AM »

Welcome to the Helston Classic

Finally!  Pro class?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements