March 26, 2019, 11:34:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: NPA Britain 2016  (Read 22188 times)
Natural Oak

WNBF Pro World, 3x NPA, 1x UKDFBA, ProAm Champ

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2016, 10:48:01 PM »

Are the NPA taking any if their Champions to any International / World Champs this year? UIBBN are in Belgium at the end on November, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2016, 08:30:57 AM »

Are the NPA taking any if their Champions to any International / World Champs this year? UIBBN are in Belgium at the end on November, I believe.

I have not seen anything officially but had heard unofficially that there will be no UIBBN team this year. I think it is probably true as MJP would ordinarily be posting on their FB page things to do with the trip and the team.

I wonder if it is due to how we are often stiffed by the UIBBN and robbed of placings. But if that was the case, you'd think Michael would have just searched out an alternative affiliation in the last 12 months
Natural Oak

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2016, 09:44:20 AM »

You'd think, wouldn't you. Or one of the other officials.

Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2016, 12:26:21 PM »

Mark it may be easier if you are seeking an answer to contact Michael directly via Facebook or call him? As he does not post on here any more.
freaky

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2016, 11:28:21 PM »

there have been a fair few uibbn champions from the uk. if its judges from each country how can it be biased ?
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2016, 01:45:34 AM »

there have been a fair few uibbn champions from the uk. if its judges from each country how can it be biased ?

Is that a serious question? What does judges coming from each country have to do with preventing bias?!
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2016, 06:32:15 PM »

I'm not sure that the judging has been especially biased at the UIBBN events I attended.  Piss poor some times, but not necessarily biased.  I never really felt the British contingent were made particularly welcome there either so the couple of trips I made weren't the memorable ones of my time in the sport.

They seem to favour extreme conditioning over actual physiques as a rule which also explains why some of the results confuse us a little.  Especially in the ladies divisions.

And a huge factor to consider is the banning of instant tans.  The bottom line is, they enhance a physique tremendously and without them some people just don't look as impressive.  You can be in the exact same condition at a qualifying event here to an International there and just the change in tan can present the judges with a whole different picture.
freaky

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2016, 06:38:39 PM »

if its not toby then why are we "stiffed as you put it ?
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2016, 07:19:38 PM »

if its not toby then why are we "stiffed as you put it ?

Sorry, I am totally lost here. I think perhaps your sentence structure has not been as clear as you are intending as what you have asked is not coming through clear to me. But I will try to go with what I think you mean.

You are saying that because we have had several Brit winners of the UIBBN, it suggests no bias? Well I did not use the word bias nor said we never get a win but said we had OFTEN been stiffed. When I went out there, Carol Streeter was clearly effed over for some reason. The year before Mark Oakes was beaten in a decision which all people who witnessed it suggest was appalling. Ditto Sam Watt last year was beaten in another shocking decision, according to observers. There are other ones which temporarily escape me.

I have zero inside knowledge on the NPA and MJP acts like I am dead and deletes all my FB posts. I am just throwing out one possibility of why no team this year. I do not actually know why, nor do I actually care.

Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2016, 07:27:13 PM »

I'm not sure that the judging has been especially biased at the UIBBN events I attended.  Piss poor some times, but not necessarily biased.  I never really felt the British contingent were made particularly welcome there either so the couple of trips I made weren't the memorable ones of my time in the sport.

They seem to favour extreme conditioning over actual physiques as a rule which also explains why some of the results confuse us a little.  Especially in the ladies divisions.

And a huge factor to consider is the banning of instant tans.  The bottom line is, they enhance a physique tremendously and without them some people just don't look as impressive.  You can be in the exact same condition at a qualifying event here to an International there and just the change in tan can present the judges with a whole different picture.

Many a man still look great in Dark As must be the lighting.  Cool
DDG

Email
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2016, 10:37:52 PM »

If you like the coal-miner look!  Grin
Natural Oak

natural+oak natural+oak
Email
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2016, 09:40:09 PM »

Mark it may be easier if you are seeking an answer to contact Michael directly via Facebook or call him? As he does not post on here any more.

Lol...yep, I'll do that. I'm sure to get a response.  Cheesy
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2016, 10:28:17 PM »

If you like the coal-miner look!  Grin

The new formula has improved it's not that bad now all the DFACers use it.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2016, 10:53:32 PM »

Whilst instant tan is better and nobody would argue otherwise some of the modern formulas of over night tan are very good and closing the gap.

Any BNBF pro grand prix or DFAC pro class certainly doesn't show a coal mine look.

To suggest NPAs dodgy placings at the UIBBN is down to the tan is a bit extreme if its that detrimental god help us if the DFACers ever cross over and put instant tan on, David Kaye would turn into Jay Cutler.
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2016, 12:00:51 AM »

Lol...yep, I'll do that. I'm sure to get a response.  Cheesy

Just an idea  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements