March 22, 2019, 06:49:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Show position represents position in country?  (Read 13769 times)
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 11:59:32 AM »

I think everyone kind of knows who is the top bodybuilder in each weight class in the country, when I say everyone I mean everyone within the niche sport that actually follows it (I know loads of people who have never heard of a lot of competitors compete many times themselves).

In powerlifting you have the Wilks score which helps settle things as its a solid scoring system based on lifting performance at X bodyweight.

In bodybuilding its not even always about where someone places, sometimes its just a case of looking at a picture on website or in a magazine and thinking "holy sh"t". In fact as we are all such argumentative gits we don't even always agree that whoever wins has actually won  Grin
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 01:13:24 PM »

Blimey, fourth best natty middleweight in Britain?

Poor chap should have entered the NPA as he would have won that as the winner, Sam Slack, was not in the BNBF final so is not one of the three who is better than him, ditto he should get an application into the UKDFBA as he can kick all their arses.

Sorry guys, it just annoys me.

[attachment expired]
fhwill

Email
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2016, 04:06:25 PM »

Poor chap should have entered the NPA as he would have won that as the winner, Sam Slack, was not in the BNBF final so is not one of the three who is better than him, ditto he should get an application into the UKDFBA as he can kick all their arses.

Did you call him out on Facebook over this?  Tongue

As an aside, in all seriousness, perhaps he considers where he competes to be 'the only fed' that counts -if that makes sense? I can imagine there are people who feel like that, be it UKDFBA, BNBF or NPA...

Or maybe he's just really flippin proud -is it his first year competing?
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2016, 04:09:38 PM »

Did you call him out on Facebook over this?  Tongue

Nol. Seemed rude to do so in front of his friends. Perhaps if you are friends with him, you could tell him and we could chat here where it would not cause embarrassment.
fhwill

Email
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2016, 04:11:56 PM »

Me, Facebook -nah! I de-activated that bad boy a long time ago!  Grin It gets me into trouble when I call people out on things I shouldn't (true story)  Grin
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2016, 04:19:14 PM »

Me, Facebook -nah! I de-activated that bad boy a long time ago!  Grin It gets me into trouble when I call people out on things I shouldn't (true story)  Grin

Ahhhh now I get that Flick, I do it daily then curse myself, promise not to, ten minutes later done it again
DDG

Email
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2016, 04:47:26 PM »

Does it actually matter? I know who you're referring to and he deserves to be proud. Really there isn't a problem since as Dave has suggested it's actually impossible to determine rankings when there are so many people competing and winning different shows. Even if everyone shared the same stage there'd likely still be disagreement. Where aesthetics are sovereign beauty is in the eye of the beholder ...
Badger

Email
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2016, 04:56:34 PM »

lol! I didn't realise you were actually referring to someone in particular, I don't think he would care if anyone had a problem with it as after losing that many pounds the only thing I would give a fig about right now would involve a circular piece of dough, coated in cheese, tomato based sauce and pepperoni  Grin

Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2016, 05:58:52 PM »

I was not referring to anyone in particular and that post I shared was written on social media after the time I wrote this thread. It was a niggle that I have mentioned many times for a couple years which Matt can vouch for. And if you refer to any social media statuses since Saturday, Scott can also vouch as I messaged him about it on Saturday evening.
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2016, 09:00:39 PM »

I think when you do well you wnat to tell all your freinds, it just so happens these days we all connect via social media and have hundreds of freinds that we never meet. So I get whey people do it. Hey I do it to people outside of bodybuilding to give placings a frame of referance.

I would like to say Toby was not moaning about anyone in particular just a general rant, we had a chat about the very subject over the weekend. Bodybuilding does have a lot of fractions and it always will I think due to it's nature of being subjective. There are bit we may all find a bit frustrating but there are  alot of parts we all love so thats the way I feel really.
Badger

Email
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2016, 09:32:42 PM »

I tell you what really pisses me off, when someone goes into the petrol station and leaves their car parked in front of a pump while they proceed to get a coffee, have a whiz, talk to the cashier for 20 minutes and send 5 texts.

If something gets your goat that's all gravy Tobes, I have loads of things in life that get on my tits. It's quite funny hearing what winds different people up.

I am sure that the various people that mention they are 5th or 27th in the country couldn't care less if it winds you up, I fact for some it might encourage them  Grin

Dave Hodson
1st, 2nd, 4th and 1st at various qualifiers within the uk borders and within the 3 drug free organisations, as a light and middleweight in 4 shows during the calendar year of 2016 between the months of August to September.
fhwill

Email
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2016, 08:48:14 AM »

Dave Hodson
1st, 2nd, 4th and 1st at various qualifiers within the uk borders and within the 3 drug free organisations, as a light and middleweight in 4 shows during the calendar year of 2016 between the months of August to September.

I think that averages out as "2nd best trophy hunter in England"  Grin  Grin

After the year I was 3rd at the BNBF Brits and then 'upgraded'  Grin to 2nd due to a failure; I felt like a right d1ck when people asked me how I'd done because the second thing they'd ask is "How many people did you compete against?" Errr 4...  Roll Eyes Sad  Embarrassed My other half would then always say that it didn't matter, you are still that best out of X qualifiers that had X amount of people.

Everyone's achievements are always going to be special to them. In reality, they probably mean nothing to anyone else  Cool
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2016, 09:29:43 AM »

Dave Hodson

I think that averages out as "2nd best trophy hunter in England"  Grin  Grin

After the year I was 3rd at the BNBF Brits and then 'upgraded'  Grin to 2nd due to a failure; I felt like a right d1ck when people asked me how I'd done because the second thing they'd ask is "How many people did you compete against?" Errr 4...  Roll Eyes Sad  Embarrassed My other half would then always say that it didn't matter, you are still that best out of X qualifiers that had X amount of people.

Everyone's achievements are always going to be special to them. In reality, they probably mean nothing to anyone else  Cool

Flick you can only beat who turns up and the positions are legit and a great achievement. You other half is a wise lass and has it bang on. If only two people turn up and you win a world title, that is a legit and real world title.

It makes me feel that I need to add something here that I am not discrediting anyone or their achievement in the slightest. Everyone deserved full credit for what they achieve and it means something to them and it should to others too. But my point was exactly as I wrote it. makes me tut when I see someone say they are the 2nd/3rd/4th whatever best bodybuilder in the country which is not the case and not what they won, not quite.

Its no biggie, I have not smashed a screen nor thrown anything across the room, it just makes me tut. The actual achievement - Finished 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th whatever at a British Finals is impressive enough IMO
Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2016, 10:11:53 AM »

Hi Im Damon Eaton.

Probably the best bodybuilder in the world its just the judges arent well trained enough to notice and I always get placed like 100 places lower than I really deserve.

Plus Im sexy and modest.

fhwill

Email
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2016, 11:07:11 AM »

Hi Im Damon Eaton.

Probably the best bodybuilder in the world its just the judges arent well trained enough to notice and I always get placed like 100 places lower than I really deserve.

Plus Im sexy and modest.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Post of the year right here guys...  Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements