January 22, 2019, 03:22:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: WNBF WORLDS LIVESTREAM 2016  (Read 23889 times)
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2016, 09:11:58 PM »

I find Shevon hilarious, he calls BS without any fear of the repercussions and is generally a funny mofo

Hate people like that

like bodybuilding only works if its the whole package  Wink
Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2016, 12:14:17 PM »

I find Shevon hilarious, he calls BS without any fear of the repercussions and is generally a funny mofo

Hate people like that

like bodybuilding only works if its the whole package  Wink

Gets away with it because of his good genetics
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2016, 12:23:48 PM »

Thing is he gets beat a few times then bitches like crazy on everyone bar one federation (who also grovel to him tbf), then as soon as shit gets tough he is quitting when its no linger going his way.

He wants to try getting his ass handed too him 5 years in a row never winning always being on the wrong end of close ones and still coming back getting better each time.

You dont catch me bitching threatening to quit. 😎
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2016, 10:05:49 AM »

Thing is he gets beat a few times then bitches like crazy on everyone bar one federation (who also grovel to him tbf), then as soon as shit gets tough he is quitting when its no linger going his way.

He wants to try getting his ass handed too him 5 years in a row never winning always being on the wrong end of close ones and still coming back getting better each time.

Personally, I do not like his comments nor his attitude. We shared a room with him once and were sat there all day but he did not say feck all to any British competitor or team member, not even fellow pros - not that i think that status should make a difference to whether one should have been polite and communicated. A pro in a sport means nowt, we were all born equal, live equal and will die the same.
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2016, 11:26:58 AM »

I wonder if any sport which offers "professional" status out there such as football or boxing has a lower number of hours trained per week? The average bodybuilder seems to do about 4-7 hours per week. Bodybuilding would make far more sense if people just had the titles they had won to their name as opposed to a status which is a reflection of coming first in 2-3 subsequent competition classes.

To me professional refers to it being a profession. I respect the accolades but the terminology seems a tad off.
DDG

Email
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2016, 12:40:10 PM »

I wonder if any sport which offers "professional" status out there such as football or boxing has a lower number of hours trained per week? The average bodybuilder seems to do about 4-7 hours per week. Bodybuilding would make far more sense if people just had the titles they had won to their name as opposed to a status which is a reflection of coming first in 2-3 subsequent competition classes.

To me professional refers to it being a profession. I respect the accolades but the terminology seems a tad off.

This is where I sit actually, Dave. The idea of 'professional' is that it's a paid form of employment but natural bodybuilding itself does not afford such luxury. It does not allow people to give up work and earn a living that would support a home and family. At best it is a hobby albeit one that brings considerable pleasure for various reasons to those that participate in the competitve aspect of the sport, and even more so perhaps for those that do not compete but derive satisfaction from the process of following a lifestyle.

On forums like this however it seems to be used as a shorthand to differentiate status, producing an elite of sorts that are able to consider others inferior or not as worthy. I've often heard the latter referred to as 'amateurs' which is a curious thing when such 'pros' are really no different or otherwise better than those considered subordinate.

To suggest there is no difference after first making a distinction, Toby, is surely a move that reinforces division rather than equality as you seem to want to suggest, no?
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2016, 07:51:43 PM »

To suggest there is no difference after first making a distinction, Toby, is surely a move that reinforces division rather than equality as you seem to want to suggest, no?

Yes quite right in my mind, although I was thinking from his perspective of what he may respect not my own
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2016, 09:18:32 PM »

Personally, I do not like his comments nor his attitude. We shared a room with him once and were sat there all day but he did not say feck all to any British competitor or team member, not even fellow pros - not that i think that status should make a difference to whether one should have been polite and communicated. A pro in a sport means nowt, we were all born equal, live equal and will die the same.

I heard from people who were backstage when he lost to DK and he threw his stuff about ignored people and had a right bitch fit just hear say but its a reliable source. He gets away with it though some people a born less equal to others. 😉
Badger

Email
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2016, 09:34:51 PM »

I heard from people who were backstage when he lost to DK and he threw his stuff about ignored people and had a right bitch fit just hear say but its a reliable source. He gets away with it though some people a born less equal to others. 😉

He had a fit because he lost to someone... damnnnnn
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2016, 09:45:35 PM »

He had a fit because he lost to someone... damnnnnn

Yup not like me when I gave you a handshake a man hug and a pat on the back when you were on your knees in tears hugging ya misses 😂

After all its not the competitors fault if you disagree with judges I left the arena like a sportsmen my friend.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2016, 09:48:46 PM »

I especially appreciated the compliment you gave me Dave "if I was judging I would have given it to you Damon" in that Shropshire accent. Cheers pal. 😎
Badger

Email
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2016, 11:07:14 PM »

I especially appreciated the compliment you gave me Dave "if I was judging I would have given it to you Damon" in that Shropshire accent. Cheers pal. 😎

Every time.. I just like getting cool pictures of the shredz  Cheesy

I always get emotional when a plan comes together.. We can't all be really, really macho AND wear ridiculous tiny trunks   Wink
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2016, 12:11:41 AM »

I always get emotional when a plan comes together.. We can't all be really, really macho AND wear ridiculous tiny trunks   Wink

I dont doubt it mate I will probably get emotional the day I get a decent result.

Until then I will just get emotional on forums. 😀
DDG

Email
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2016, 09:05:20 PM »

I dont doubt it mate I will probably get emotional the day I get a decent result.

Until then I will just get emotional on forums. 😀

There was a Whitney Houston song written just for you Damon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YjSHbA6HQQ    ......... Grin
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2016, 06:41:22 AM »

I will pose to it next time.

Shevon is quitting now its not in his blood apparently. See Im good at motivating champions. 😜
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements