May 21, 2019, 11:35:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adjustable dumbells or not?  (Read 3793 times)
ChopperTheDog

« on: November 16, 2016, 11:25:35 PM »

I was thinking about getting a set of adjustable dumbells and was hoping the good people on here could recommend a set, I'd love a full rack of made up ones but it wouldn't be practical although it is possible. If the adjustable ones are that bad then I think I will give up the space to a rack and save up the cash but if people tell me the adjustables are easy to use and nice to handle then I'd rather save the space and cash.
At the moment I'm messing about with spin locks and Olympic dumbells which are a pain if your trying to do drop sets, also they are not the easiest thing to get into position with when you are training on your own, with the pre made ones you can rest them on your legs whilst leaning back etc.
all advice welcome. Thanks
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 11:28:23 PM »

The Ironmaster quick lock ones are good, apparently. I haven't used them but know people who have them in their home gym. Lee Priest uses them too if that helps?!
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 11:16:56 PM »

People love Bowflex and Power Blocks. At least, they used to. Don't hear much of them anymore.

Spin lock dumbbells dig into your thighs bad on the way up once they're heavy don't they!
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 09:57:37 AM »

felt powerblocks wobbled quite a lot.

SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 05:49:49 PM »

A mate of mine had some bow flex dumbells really good
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 07:37:35 PM »

Honestly I would get fixed weight Ines to cover around 25-30kg + and use adjustable upto that point as really it's only when pressing you need to kick them up off the thighs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements