August 24, 2019, 10:41:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it important to get carbs after training.  (Read 3936 times)
ChopperTheDog

« on: December 07, 2016, 11:11:46 PM »

I've been dieting and losing weight but when I hit 13% I stalled so went to protein 1.5g, fat 0.5g and carbs 0.5g and the weight loss has started again, now on 12.5%. I wanted to know if it really matters when I get my carbs as I've been having them all for breakfast and lunch and no more for the rest of the day including after training.
Would I be better skipping carbs at lunch and having them for dinner or splitting them so I get some with every meal. I find it easier to work it all out by having them for breakfast and lunch as I have the same breakfast and lunch every day and then I can play with dinner depending on what I'm having.
I feel like I want to pass out when the trading gets intense though and feel weak as a kitten during training so is that normal. Looking better in the mirror every day though. Thanks everyone.
ChopperTheDog

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 11:12:43 PM »

"Training" not trading, damn predictive text.
Mac

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 07:22:24 AM »

Personally I would base my carbs around training. If you are feeling weak then have a decent meal pre-workout carbs, protein and fats.
ChopperTheDog

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 09:09:35 AM »

Thanks mate, you ain't been wrong yet so I'll do exactly that.
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 10:31:47 AM »

Depending on how you get on with carbs I would put most of them around training. I train at 6.30am so have oats and eggs before with whey and fruit after. I also have carbs at me tea time meal.

If I have carbs at lunch time I get massivly tired and want a sleep. I'd say if your a body type that digets them well just space them out through the day. Getting some hi gi after if you fancy.
ChopperTheDog

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 02:28:07 PM »

I usually train about 6pm and carbs do make me feel tired usually, I never feel more alert and awake than when I'm a bit hungry. I think I will split my 85g of carbs into 3 and have some with breakfast lunch and after training. I like to train a few hours after eating carbs like after my late lunch which I'm eating now at 1:30pm but wasn't sure how important it was to have carbs after training.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements