May 22, 2019, 12:34:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Power-walking for cardio  (Read 2972 times)
fhwill

Email
« on: December 22, 2016, 10:44:28 AM »

For those of you who have ever used walking as your cardio methods during prep, what kind of HR do you work to?
Do you have problems getting HR up or keeping it at required level?
Does anyone not bother looking at HR at all?

I'm wondering because I went on a 'powerwalk' this morning. Very deliberate striding, and I live on a hilly cliff-top, but struggled to get HR over 120... I felt like I was working hard but technically my HR wasn't high enough?  Huh Any advice/reassurance would be appreciated!
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 11:45:51 AM »

I've never gotten much out of walking. My legs being short and wide mean I can't get going fast enough if just walking. I add 5-10 minutes on Jan's walk to work if I walk with her.

I've always used a bike or stepper if fasted and if it's hiit I use the x trainer
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 01:31:41 PM »

I've always used powerwalking as part of my cardio prep, and last prep used it alternating on the bike, but never measured HR.  I just make sure I'm moving my legs asap and try to flex my quads and glutes whilst doing so. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements