May 21, 2019, 11:31:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you guys coach me to get to 10%  (Read 3451 times)
Vinster

« on: January 09, 2017, 07:38:59 PM »

Hi

I go gym 4 times a week and implement cardio regularly aswell... But find losing body fat to be slow.

Since New Years... I've adopted a 2000 calorie diet making sure I get in 180g protein a day and make up the rest of the macros with fats and carbs.

I'm 6ft 3 inches tall... I weigh 118kg and I'm around 28% body fat.

I used to be over 35%... But I've been training for a half now and to lose 10% in that time frame is awfully crap... I've built some decent size though

I'm on a vegetarian diet and get most my protein from milk yogurt lentils beans eggs and whey protein

My workouts are already pretty intense... Today I did 5 exercises on my back and 3 on my biceps... And I finished the workout with doing about 20 minutes cardio... Averaging 5 minutes on 4 machines burning 50 calories on each one (It doesnt get boring like that for me)... 200 in total...  Then I did 100 bodyweight squats and a 100 reps on my abs which I do everyday anyway.

I usually lift 4 times a week and don't understand why I haven't got ripped yet.

So I joined this forum to try and seek help from the professionals out there who know what they're doing

Can you guys coach me to get from 28% to 10%?
Philip brown

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 09:43:05 PM »

Seems like you achieved so much so far and you should be proud of that.....is there any reason you want to get down to 10% as it's not a great place to be if you're not naturally slim... 17% is a good healthy look and you will feel healthy too, bonus hay lol... to start off get yourself a good nutrition book by someone like Nancy Clark... this will give you guidance to all the important foods you require to be healthy and your body happy, only the will your body be more likely to lose more weight as you developed a more healthy eating habits.... I say this as with all been there, cutting the calories till there's nothing left and then what do you do... hope it helps a little
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 03:02:41 PM »

Sounds like things are seriously slowing down mate if you are 118kg, 6'3" and 28℅ and are on 2000 cals with 20 mins cardio. Be careful not to go too hard too soon. It really is a slow process and chipping away gently it will continue to fall.
Ashpan89

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 10:31:54 PM »

Hello guys can I still build good noticeable muscle with 20% body fat or do I need to cut that to a lower percentage. I'm 27 5"11 I'm lifting 4 times a week (strength training) I stared back at the gym last august my Marcos for maintenance says I should eat 2900 calories im getting these calories 30 carbs/35protein /35 fats I'm not eating lots of carbs as i used to be a big lad 17st big so don't want to fall into that trap again. I do train hard with me doing strength training I'm into my 2nd week of this and I've noticed I'm lifting heavier but not noticing muscle growth is this something that takes a long time or is it down to me been 20% body fat I know it's a marathon not a sprint.

Thanks in advance ash
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements