January 23, 2019, 07:15:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 UKDFBA Show Guide Poster  (Read 8714 times)
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« on: January 19, 2017, 04:36:49 PM »

The new 2017 UKDFBA poster, with information on all the upcoming shows this year.  Smiley

www.drugfreebodybuilding.co.uk

A high-res version is available here, if you want to print one off for your gym or health club...

http://www.drugfreebodybuilding.co.uk/2017/ukdfba-poster2017-large.jpg

Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 05:48:54 PM »

Thanks Jon.  Great work as always.

Taken from our Social Media pages.....

With just over 20 weeks to go until our first contest of the season, entries are now OPEN for all of our regional events.

Huge thanks to our long standing sponsors USN, Wear2Gym and The Gym Chef for continuing to support our association and welcome to Matt Marsh Photography who will be covering our events.

As always, the season will end with the UK & International Championships in October where WNBF Pro Cards and spots on Team UK for the WNBF Worlds will be up for grabs as well as our biggest ever prize fund in the Pro divisions!

Competition classes for this season will be Teen Men, Junior Men, Masters Men, Grandmasters Men, Masters Womenís Figure, Novice Men, Womenís Bikini, Menís Physique, Womenís Figure, Womenís Bodybuilding and Open Men Bodybuilding up to 70, up to 80 and Over 80 Kilo.

The USN Classic in June is NOVICE only and features all of the above divisions including three weight classes for Novice Men, open to all who have not placed top 3 or qualified for any national final prior to the 2017 season.

This season we return to newly refurbished Benn Hall in Rugby (with excellent new lighting and sound setups) for our Midlands regionals and due to building and renovation work which will be affecting last yearís finals venue through the Autumn, will host this yearís UK & International event at Bedworth Civic Hall, where we will once again welcome guests from our overseas affiliate partners including some of the top WNBF Professionals from Europe and beyond. Our other venues remain unchanged.

Entry/membership forms, contest tickets and our full rules (which we urge you to familiarise yourself with) can be found at www.drugfreebodybuilding.co.uk

Hereís to another epic season.  See you there!
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 09:57:11 PM »

Awesome!

So, St Lewis, Grey, Watt, Argall and Howard are all out the way facing their own battles as pros. That's arguably the leading men from each class now gone.

There are some awesome physiques still on the brink, others with a masterplan and something to prove, and more who we haven't seen yet.

Who is going to be the one to beat this year? I know I'm hungry to step shit up. I'm sure everyone else is too. Can't wait.
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 10:31:05 PM »

Thats true.  A lot of the top amateurs have now turned Pro and things are wide open.

Time for the next generation to come through.  Exciting.  It's one of my favourite things about having the progression out of the amateurs. 
MJB

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 11:12:03 PM »

Exciting times. Looking forward to catching up with you at some point this year, Lee. All the very best pal.
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR £5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 09:41:03 AM »

As always a great poster and some exciting shows ahead. I really enjoy seeing the season unfold. New names come to the front, old faces return. Very much looking forward to seeing old friends and making new
DDG

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 03:10:31 PM »

Thats true.  A lot of the top amateurs have now turned Pro and things are wide open.

Time for the next generation to come through.  Exciting.  It's one of my favourite things about having the progression out of the amateurs. 

All the best with it  Smiley
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 01:02:29 PM »

All the best with it  Smiley

Are you considering this year Dean? Be good to see again if you are. You'd have a bye through I guess?
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 05:37:00 PM »

Quite an array of shows - I hope the season goes well. Smiley
DDG

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 05:04:28 PM »

Thats true.  A lot of the top amateurs have now turned Pro and things are wide open.

Time for the next generation to come through.  Exciting.  It's one of my favourite things about having the progression out of the amateurs.  

All the best with it  Smiley

Are you considering this year Dean? Be good to see again if you are. You'd have a bye through I guess?

Only just seen this, Toby. No chance I'll be competing this year and in all likelihood probably not again, though I'm always careful not to say never LOL I would have a bye but in the event don't feel any urge to compete which hasn't really returned since I last competed. In my heart I know I couldn't look any better than I did last time out and so two years on at 47 what would be the point? The idea of competing abroad has never really appealed to me, nor has the carrot of WNBF status, and this feeling goes all the way back to my BNBF days some 13-14 years ago. So for me the ultimate aim isn't competition per se but rather competition with and against myself, simply staying in good shape. I've also just accepted a new job in York and will be moving there with the family in around 3 months' time. It's a big job that doesn't go well with diet brain!
fhwill

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 06:01:26 PM »

Thats true.  A lot of the top amateurs have now turned Pro and things are wide open.

Time for the next generation to come through.  Exciting.  It's one of my favourite things about having the progression out of the amateurs.  

I've also just accepted a new job in York and will be moving there with the family in around 3 months' time. It's a big job that doesn't go well with diet brain!

Congrats! Is this permanent?
Rossdog

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 06:51:12 PM »

York is only around 30 - 35 mins from me, we could get that session in Wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DDG

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 06:53:04 PM »

I've also just accepted a new job in York and will be moving there with the family in around 3 months' time. It's a big job that doesn't go well with diet brain!

Congrats! Is this permanent?

Thanks Flick. Yes, a permanent post ... I've been fortunate to have been employed on permanent contracts since 2005.
DDG

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 06:59:15 PM »

York is only around 30 - 35 mins from me, we could get that session in Wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny  Grin
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 01:12:47 PM »

Only just seen this, Toby. No chance I'll be competing this year and in all likelihood probably not again, though I'm always careful not to say never LOL I would have a bye but in the event don't feel any urge to compete which hasn't really returned since I last competed. In my heart I know I couldn't look any better than I did last time out and so two years on at 47 what would be the point? The idea of competing abroad has never really appealed to me, nor has the carrot of WNBF status, and this feeling goes all the way back to my BNBF days some 13-14 years ago. So for me the ultimate aim isn't competition per se but rather competition with and against myself, simply staying in good shape. I've also just accepted a new job in York and will be moving there with the family in around 3 months' time. It's a big job that doesn't go well with diet brain!

Quite understandable. Chasing wins and titles although has attraction and can add some legitimacy to those on the outside, it does not always signal a personal victory as there is no accounting for the competition and who else is on the stage, what they took to get there and all manner of things outside of our own control. We all have our own personal ceilings and can only fairly judged what we have done when comparing it to ourselves - our past, our potential and our current situation

Good luck with the job too, I understand perfectly the priority of balancing a diet and other responsibilities and the other responsibilities should win everytime imo
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements