May 24, 2019, 10:17:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 UKDFBA Show Guide Poster  (Read 9275 times)
DDG

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 01:03:50 PM »

Thats true.  A lot of the top amateurs have now turned Pro and things are wide open.

Time for the next generation to come through.  Exciting.  It's one of my favourite things about having the progression out of the amateurs.  

All the best with it  Smiley

Are you considering this year Dean? Be good to see again if you are. You'd have a bye through I guess?

Only just seen this, Toby. No chance I'll be competing this year and in all likelihood probably not again, though I'm always careful not to say never LOL I would have a bye but in the event don't feel any urge to compete which hasn't really returned since I last competed. In my heart I know I couldn't look any better than I did last time out and so two years on at 47 what would be the point? The idea of competing abroad has never really appealed to me, nor has the carrot of WNBF status, and this feeling goes all the way back to my BNBF days some 13-14 years ago. So for me the ultimate aim isn't competition per se but rather competition with and against myself, simply staying in good shape. I've also just accepted a new job in York and will be moving there with the family in around 3 months' time. It's a big job that doesn't go well with diet brain!

Quite understandable. Chasing wins and titles although has attraction and can add some legitimacy to those on the outside, it does not always signal a personal victory as there is no accounting for the competition and who else is on the stage, what they took to get there and all manner of things outside of our own control. We all have our own personal ceilings and can only fairly judged what we have done when comparing it to ourselves - our past, our potential and our current situation

Good luck with the job too, I understand perfectly the priority of balancing a diet and other responsibilities and the other responsibilities should win everytime imo

Thanks Toby. Yes, quite right. As a natural I've taken my physique as far as it will go. And I'm not prepared to go any further to compensate age.

Responsibilities are just that and dieting for a show will always be only a hobby as it doesn't pay the bills.
Rossdog

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 04:13:50 PM »

Should be another great season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements