May 22, 2019, 12:24:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Overtraining / Lagging Bodyparts  (Read 3625 times)
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« on: February 06, 2017, 06:53:08 PM »

So I have a question for you guys to give your opinion and experience on  Tongue

How do you make a lagging body part get up to the rest of your physique? Not example I have pretty decent arms and chest, yet my back isn't that wide, so something I want to work on.

Now, I now you're meant to wait 48 hours before training a muscle again, but I follow someone on YouTube who's pretty switched on, and his traps were lagging. So for about 6 weeks, he did 3-5 sets of shrugs after very, single, session. 5-6 times a week. They grew.

Now, I'm debating doing 3-5 sets of pulldowns after every session to try get my back wider.

What do you guys do? Smiley
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 08:10:15 PM »

I guess the answer would be to try it and see what happens.

Personally my chest was very weak,as was my whole upper body. I just made sure that every session I trained as hard as possible as got progressively stronger. As I got stoner the muscles grew
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 01:32:46 PM »

I guess the answer would be to try it and see what happens.

Personally my chest was very weak,as was my whole upper body. I just made sure that every session I trained as hard as possible as got progressively stronger. As I got stoner the muscles grew

Stoner? You know all drugs including recreational are banned right? Right little Bob Marley aren't ya!  Wink
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 01:35:35 PM »

There's nothing wrong with training body parts multiple times per week, as long as you are conscious of not doing too much each session.  In this instance, a good idea would be to vary the weight and reps on the individual days, meaning a lighter reppyer session one day, heavy another etc.  This would also give option to using various movements to hit multiple facets.  

(I don't think being a stoner helps build muscle though  Tongue Tongue)
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 01:36:31 PM »

^^synchronised posts!  Cheesy
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 02:29:28 PM »

Cheers fellas. Perhaps I'll just go heavy like normal on Back day then on Chest days I'll just add 3 lighter sets for 12-15 reps just to stimulate the muscle again Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements