June 25, 2019, 04:47:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bulking  (Read 3381 times)
Ashpan89

« on: February 22, 2017, 11:28:44 AM »

Hi all I'm currently in my second week of my 5 week bulk it's abit of peace of mind really I use MyFitnessPal for my macros and I'm at 3200 calorie intake I have set my brake down at 45% 30% 25% carbs protein fats carbs are 395g protein 239g fat 89g I'm just wondering if this is right for bulking thank you for your time ash
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 01:41:00 PM »

Difficult to say if it's "right" or not (there's really no single "right" way of doing it).

IMO that protein is a bit high. What do you weigh? If you brought protein down a bit you'd have more for carbs.

I'd approach it by working out calories, then setting protein at 1g-1.2g per lb bodyweight. Then divide the rest up between fats and carbs to suit you food preferences/lifestyle. Personally that would mean lower fats, higher carbs for me, but that's just me.

Trial and error really Smiley
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 09:56:11 PM »

^^ What Nic said. Smiley

Are you measuring progress too? You don't want to gain mass TOO quickly, as you'll just end up having to do a longggg ass cut at the end of it. More calories doesn't always mean more muscle. I'd personally aim for a 200-500 calorie surplus depending on personal preference and trial and error.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements