March 23, 2019, 03:17:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 20 YEAR OLD MESO/ENDOMORPH NEEDING HELP!  (Read 6591 times)
Jamesy

« on: March 22, 2017, 10:35:52 AM »

Hi guys,

I would just like to start by introducing myself, my name is James I am a 20 year old male seeking advice from the guys that know what they are talking about.. I think I know a good deal but there is always lots more to learn! I am looking to shed body-fat off me I am about 15/15% bf at the moment I'd say.. I am 88kg and try attend the gym 5 times a week doing a body part split. I would say I have a fair bit of size which I am happy with my back is really muscular but I just feel like my front side is lagging like F****  Angry Angry .. I have started to introduce LIIT at the end of my training sessions a few times a week to try tighten up a bit.. My chest is shit so I was also thinking of training that twice a week? could you guys recommend me a good training program and nutrition plan to follow my main goal is to shed bodyfat whilst trying to retain as much muscle as possible! I will post my current diet/training below.. thanks guys really appreciate all the help I can get!

Morning- Quick Oats and Banana
Lunch- Tuna Pasta
Lunch snack- Greek yoghurt
Pre workout- Banana + Protein shake
Post workout- Shake
Dinner- Chicken Rice

Training
Bodypart split 6-8 Rep ranges..
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 12:46:04 PM »

Hi and welcome

I am not a guy but will try to help anyway  Wink

What's your split? How about doing push/pull/legs, that way you would be training chest/shoulders more frequently. I believe that frequency/reduced time between training muscle groups is key for naturals. Do you do 6-8 reps on everything, or is that just on your big compound moves (and then you do higher rep range on other stuff)?

Do you know what kcals your diet comes in at, and how this stands in relation to your output?
Jamesy

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 01:48:06 PM »

Thanks for your quick reply Nic!

I tend to do my compound lifts in that rep range then finish off with a few isolation exercises.. Push/Pull/Legs split seems like a good idea but I like giving body parts a good pounding each day.. I'll admit I don't really track my calories I just try to eat healthier foods. I know I really should be tracking my macros to see how my body responds with different macronutrients etc.. I love bodybuilding and want to get as muscular as possible but for the short term I have a few holidays coming up and I have never really tried to cut so would love to see what Ive got going on under there! been training for about a year and a half now.. any advice? I see a lot of people saying carbs are bad and carbs are good I don't know who to believe! also cardio is it okay after weight training low steady state few times a week? Thanks guys  Cool
Jamesy

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 01:56:33 PM »

Was also thinking about doing a PHAT routine but as I will be cutting down = less energy, I feel like that would make me feel very fatigued and wont be able to properly eat a lot of food in order for my body to recover.. plus I will be doing at least 3 cardio sessions a week and implementing abs into my workouts..  Grin
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 02:00:35 PM »

Like Nic wrote, you really need a base line of what kcals you are actually starting with.  Your diet looks clean enough (assuming it's pretty consistent), but some people respond to different macro splits than others. Carbs certainly aren't bad for you (unless you are into the whole keto thing).
Once you are leaner and lighter, the paradox of bodybuilding is that you look bigger and more muscular!
Cardio is fine after weights if that's what you want to do, but you may find yourself in the gym a fair bit longer.
Jamesy

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 02:07:23 PM »

Thanks for your response mate,

I don't know exactly how many calories I am consuming each day which is terrible I guess because how are you ever going to be able to change accordingly? I need to start tracking my macros and take weight measurements and see where I am at.. Could you guys recommend me a good macronutrient/calorie starting point for a successful cut? my holidays are in June time and I really want to vascular and have a really nice defined physique! also training split/cardio for cutting?
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 04:21:25 PM »

You could be eating too much or actually not enough - you might be surprised. You won't know until you work it out. You won't need to track every day for the rest of all time. Just do a week, or at least 3 days (including a weekend day) to get an idea.

Nothing wrong with carbs, the body needs them for energy and they certainly won't make you fat. Too many calories (for your output) over too long will make you fat Smiley

If I were you I'd take stock of exactly what you're doing and eating etc. Then be consistent to one plan for at least a month. Then make adjustments from there.

At the end of the day there's no magic formula. Eat slightly more than you need to put on mass, slightly less to lose it. Train frequently and with enough intensity. Add cardio if you need to make more of a calorie deficit that way (you could also increase daily activity and/or remove food - a deficit is a deficit how ever you achieve it).

One thing I would say is: are you sure you look how you think you look? Not saying you're wrong, but we are often our worst critics and very harsh on ourselves. What do other people say about your physique and body composition?
Jamesy

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 10:43:19 AM »

Hi guys,

I was thinking about doing the following for a 12 week burn fat program what do you guys think? please be honest..

Training Program

Monday-
Chest and Abs

Tuesday-
Fasted Cardio LIIT
Legs

Wednesday-
Fasted Cardio LIIT
Back

Thursday-
Fasted Cardio LIIT
Shoulders and Abs

Friday-
Fasted Cardio LIIT
Arms

Saturday-
Fasted Cardio LIIT
Abs

Daily Diet Program

Am: Banana + Protein Shake
10am Oats (1 tub)
12pm - Chicken and Rice (1 chicken breast and 75g of Rice)
3pm - Greek yoghurt
Preworkout - Protein Shake + Oats + Banana (1 serving of oats)
Postworkout - Protein Shake + Apple + 4 rice cakes
Dinner - Tuna Pasta (1 tin of tuna and 75g of Pasta)
Before Bed Protein Shake
Jamesy

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 10:49:36 AM »

***Just got an idea***  Shocked Shocked Shocked

If I go and get accurate stats and put pictures on here of myself front and back shot would you guys/gals be able to send me on the right path with training and nutrition? I actually paid quite a lot of money for an online coach and felt like I was robbed lol  Cry or someone even be my coach!! I want to be a natural for life and this website is like the holy grail for natural lifters  Grin
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 11:16:09 AM »

Your plan will "burn" fat if it puts you in a calorie deficit - does/will it?
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 11:17:08 AM »

If you're looking for a coach, Damian Lees on here is one (and a natural competitor).
Jamesy

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 11:20:58 AM »

Hey can you tag him in this please  Cool
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 01:12:29 PM »

I don't thikn I can do that here - he's >>> http://www.naturalmuscle.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=135 though so ping him a message?
DDG

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 01:42:39 PM »

Hi there,

A couple of things I've noticed I would change right away. The first is to avoid low intensity cardio on a leg day. Regardless of intensity or duration it will deplete your glycogen stores and will likely affect the quality of your leg workout later in the day. The other thing is that I'd be tempted to structure all your workout in a way that make the overall impact of your programme more metabolically demanding. So, for example, I'd avoid training arms on their own. Instead, I'd got with push, legs, pull, rest or repeat, push, legs, pull, rest. This way you're hitting everything twice weekly and addressing those areas you identify as 'weak' more frequently. Harder still is to employ an upper/lower body split. I used to train this way all the time and it's very effect especially at your age with more energy and hormone output. This would typically look like this: day 1 upper, day two legs, day three rest and repeat. I think you'll find that if you go with more compound, multi-joint movements in each workout then you'll burn up more total calories (especially afterwards) and thus require less cardio since your metabolic rate will be elevated for longer.

Just my view.
Jamesy

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 03:23:51 PM »

Hi there mate,

That makes perfect sense to me I really do appreciate the time and effort you people put in to help younger people like myself and not just after money and sending me off in all sorts of directions.. I think I will try that  Grin Grin
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements