March 19, 2019, 02:25:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 20 YEAR OLD MESO/ENDOMORPH NEEDING HELP!  (Read 6579 times)
Jamesy

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 03:26:33 PM »

Think I should do it that way and wait and see how my body reacts and if I am losing weight then great and when things start to slow up a bit I could add cardio in then as a back up way to burn fat? I know diet is number uno in anything but it all makes sense to me now! I am never off this website since I found it  Grin what rep range should I be using with that split man?
DDG

Email
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 09:32:13 PM »

I think some of what you're doing requires experimentation. Nobody can tell you what to do exactly because you need to take time to get to know your body and how it responds to the adjustments that you make. So, as far as rep ranges go try things out and see what suits your body and what gives you the best response. My quads, for example, have always responded better to higher rep ranges while my hamstrings prefer lower reps. For most areas of my upper body I work with 5-10 reps and this has served me well throughout my training career.

Regarding diet this is a very individual thing. It also changes each time you begin dieting down so no matter how well you record the detail the first time there's no guarantee that your body will respond the same way the second time even if you follow the plan. In fact, it's likely it won't because everything will be different: body fat levels, metabolic rate, training regime and your body's response in all respects while following the plan. This is why it's so important to get to know your body and learn what to do in order to force the response you require. More importantly, the skill is in knowing what to do if your body plateaus to ensure that you keep making progress. Again, this comes with experience.

As a rule of thumb you basically need to create a small deficit over many weeks in order to lose body fat. Too big a deficit will result in shutdown and too little won't force a change. So you need to keep adjusting calories in order to sustain a deficit while not becoming too predictable. My advice would be to keep calories on a downward trend but mix up daily calorie levels according to differing levels of energy expenditure. For example, consume more calories on a leg training day than if working out smaller body parts. Obviously if you're employing an upper/lower body split then you can be more relaxed and keep things a little more even since you'll be expending lots of energy on both training days but perhaps tapering on off days.

As several others have stated first work out what you are doing right now and then make some small adjustments - a 200-300 calorie drop per day should be sufficient to force weight loss of around .5 to 1lb per week. This is ideal.
protaner

Email
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 08:57:52 PM »

You need to train your basic musculature and stamina. So pay attention on cardio trainings. And don't play with heavy weights. It is too early
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements