May 22, 2019, 12:28:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP ME  (Read 3134 times)
Jamesy

« on: May 04, 2017, 09:00:58 PM »

Hi guys and gals,

Gonna try keep this short and sweet..

I am currently 87kg around 17/18%bf I weight train 5 times a week usually doing body part split but since changed to PPL after reading all the stuff on protein synthesis blah blah blah, anyways to my point of topic.. I want to get myself as lean as possible in the short amount of time, I know the best wa to do this is reduce calories overtime etc reduce catabolic state and losing muscle mass etc but Ive ran out of options lol my holidays are around 80 days away and I'm still fat as fck in my eyes.. was gonna just completely lower my carbs to probs around 50g a day if I'm lucky and blast the cardio most days probably quite high intensity stair masters for 20/30 mins burning around 300kcal.. my question is will the fat drop off? Not concerned about losing muscle at the moment would rather have single digit body fat I know I won't lose most of my muscle as I will try keep up strength in my ppl to retain muscle mass.. please help me lol.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 09:50:14 AM »

If you were to drop your calories, you would lose weight.  Plunging your carbs down that low would probably leave you struggling energy wise.  Couldn't you simply keep your macros the same but reduce total kcal instead?
Jamesy

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 10:44:05 AM »

Probably mate yeah, but I read all these studies of the low carb group that they lose the most amount of weight in the shortest time frame? Would you be able to give me any advice? thanks in advance.
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 10:53:13 AM »

Most of the ra,pid weight loss is water weight and depleted glycogen levels, not fat.

As Matt said, you'd probably find that your energy levels, and in turn your workouts, would suffer.

Just get into a calorie deficit, weigh yourself everyday and make sure your losing weight on average each week.
Jamesy

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 05:23:01 PM »

I was thinking about maybe lowering my weight training and upping my cardio for weight loss can this be done?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements