February 23, 2019, 03:29:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creatine Monohydrate  (Read 3181 times)
Azul Athletics

« on: May 08, 2017, 12:17:33 AM »

What's everyone's experience with this supplement?

I have a few questions if anyone can help me.

Did you have much joy with this product or was it a waste of money?

If you did get any gains did you lose them when you came off the Creatine?

Did you get water retention?

When loading is it possible to blend with my protein shake and take it then?

What time of day did you take it daily or does it not matter?

Thank You.
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 09:27:39 AM »

It's one of, if not the, most researched supplement. So its worth taking 5g a day so you get any added benefits. It's cheap as hell too.

No, Creatine isn't a steroid. It's more to do with helping you get an extra rep or two, not purely gaining muscle like an anabolic.

No, any water retention is inside the muscle itself, which makes it appear bigger and more 'full'.

No need to load. It's a con from supplement companies to make you buy more. Just take 5g everyday.

It doesn't matter. I take it with my pre-workout drink as its easy to mix and remember to do it everyday rather than it being another thing to remember to take. Plus my pre workout already has 2g Creatine so I simply just add in 3g.
Azul Athletics

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 03:46:28 PM »

Thanks for replying Dan. Hopefully I will get a few more replies and gauge everyone's thoughts but it sounds like it's worth giving it a bash.
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 04:08:25 PM »

I definitely would. It's a cheap supplement yet more of the most researched and effective.
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 01:17:50 PM »

It's cheap, is been proved to be effective thousands of times by athletes and science.

Id buy it and just chuck in in your postworkout drink or have it in a shake. 5g every day is plenty. I just use it post workout, on workout days to top up what I have depleted by training.

Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 02:32:44 PM »

What's everyone's experience with this supplement?

I have a few questions if anyone can help me.

Thank You.

I'm a firm believer in creatine. As the other guys say, it's been tested over and over in trials and deemed to be very safe.

The gains will tend to show more when you're using it, as it's a cell volumiser, drawing extra water and glycogen into the muscles to enhance strength and endurance. When you come off, the volumising effect diminishes. But the general benefit, at least how I see it, is that it allows you to train a little heavier and perform a few more reps, which indirectly leads to more growth and should leave you with a net gain if/when you decide to stop taking it. You'll probably carry a little water weight whilst using it, and appear a bit fuller too.

I always mix it in my PWO shake. About 5 grams each time on training days, usually mid afternoon. Never used a lot and didn't bother with the loading phase either.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements