March 20, 2019, 11:10:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: STUBBORN CHEST  (Read 4790 times)
Jamesy

« on: May 09, 2017, 11:26:46 AM »

Hi guys,

I feel as though my chest is a stubborn area of my body and really want to try bring it out as much as possible. Most of the time I've been hitting my upper chest and feel like this has resulted in my lower chest looking non-existent even looks like man boobs lol. Any advice on how to really bring out my lower chest? possibly more frequency training exercises rep schemes? any advice would be appreciated.
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 11:51:15 AM »

Hit it twice a week and focus on decline presses and high to low cable flys, which will "target" the lower portion of the chest more, although you can't really solely focus on one part of the chest.
Jamesy

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 09:55:28 AM »

Hello mate, I have been doing that but nothing seems to be happening :/
Dan94

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 09:58:30 AM »

Are you eating in a surplus?
Jamesy

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 10:23:59 AM »

No mate, I am in a deficit as I am trying to lower my bodyfat.
Dan94

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 10:37:44 AM »

You can't build muscle in a deficit unless you're on steroids or very new to training.

You need to pick one or the other and stick to it Smiley
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 01:30:17 PM »

I have to say the only way that I have ever got my upper body to grow was to get stronger.

since 2010 my battle has been to bring it up to match my legs. I'm getting close I think.
Gym-pig

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 10:09:06 PM »

You shoulder dominant?
I use a fly machine , incline flyes and sometimes cables to isolate before even starting pressing . I've found it helped
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 08:18:28 AM »

Being honest I've yet to find someone who has a upper chest area that over powers the lower. The vast majority of exercises favourably load the sternal portion of the pecs (if you believe you xan differentiate between sternal and clavicular portions).

How high is your bodyfat %? Typically chests tended to flatten out the leanet you get. Could it be that the area you are having issues with is just proportionately high in bodyfat?
Jamesy

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 10:48:09 AM »

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your responses, I have listened to you all and I think I might just need to lower my bodyfat, I am around 15% bf and am currently working in a deficit to lower it and added cardio to the end of my workouts, going to try up my rep ranges to the 10-14 range to increase the amount of calories burned as this is number one on my priority list as of now. Take care everyone  Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements