March 20, 2019, 11:01:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Natural bodybuilding media- staying on top of shows!  (Read 6607 times)
thebull

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"

Email
« on: June 30, 2017, 12:25:57 AM »

This may fall flat quickly but we will all have different contacts on social media and one of the things I love is staying up to date with what is going on in the world of natural bodybuilding. This thread might be a way of doing that, for example if there is a show in the states you are aware of, let the forum know!

So this weekend I am aware Cleveland Thomas is going to be competing in the IFBB physique pro division. Now I appreciate this is not a natural bodybuilding show per se, however Cleveland has a rich history in the WNBF/IFPA etc! He looks in incredible shape and I'd be interesting to see how he goes. -additionally I would add he does not look like he has jumped on the juice and is competing in his top WNBF pro form.

Also Philip Ricardo took the PNBA pro elite world title a few weeks ago. This seems a bit early in the calendar but I know some Feds run shows at different times!

Anyone also got news to share?
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 09:48:01 AM »

Nice idea Bully! It would be nice to follow Cleaveland's efforts last year, as he took last year off?
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 10:21:53 AM »

I think this is a great idea Pete, especially for shows that might not normally get the same amount of exposure on the forum.

Be interesting to see how Cleveland does in IFBB physique and the physique he presents.

fhwill

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 04:52:43 PM »

Great post!  Grin
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 06:43:39 PM »

Cleveland Thomas is going to be competing in the IFBB physique pro division

Cleveland is a Classic Bodybuilding IFBB Pro fella, not Physique.
thebull

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 07:18:54 PM »

Cleveland Thomas is going to be competing in the IFBB physique pro division

Cleveland is a Classic Bodybuilding IFBB Pro fella, not Physique.

Spot on mate my mistake I got the names mixed up- too much watching ryan Terry on YouTube! This is the class Sadik hadzovic, Calum Von moger and conhave ended up in. It's quite interesting because those guys are the ones I look at that fall between ifbb pro and the naturals in the world. Finally this may be a chance to see them together. The classic division is nothing new however and I remember Sean ferguson doing it a few years ago but now it's back with short shorts rather than briefs!
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 10:05:17 PM »

Thats the one.  Also, the class that Flex Wheeler is coming back to at the Olympia.
thebull

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 12:05:44 AM »

He was centre stage in the first top 3 call out so looks to be fairing well here.

That's right Kempy the return of flex wheeler is another example of how this class is drawing all sorts together.

Out of interest mate who was the guy who won the middles at he WNBF worlds and overall this year?
thebull

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 12:32:54 AM »

It's ok I've got it- Raymond Hunter won the WNBF middles. In the overall Rich got the first 3 votes, then the next 4 went Raymond. Tough call, great physique.
thebull

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 07:42:40 AM »

....and Cleveland won! Brilliant result! He looked incredible and this will line him up with  Wheeler, Von Moger, if he does it again Hester and co at the Olympia. Interesting this morning Shevon Cunninghams facebook status was enquiring over the height and weight cut offs so be good to see him give it a go as well.
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 09:36:52 AM »

Damn, well done Cleveland, that guy is seriously stacked and love to see him line up with those other guys. Shows the quality of the WNBF, the real home of the elite in our side of the sport and great that there is an avenue to that open here in the UK.

Any picture links Pete?
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2017, 10:16:57 AM »

Great result for Cleveland, found a video interview over at MD...

http://musculardevelopment.com/contests/ifbb-chicago-pro-am/30549-ifbb-chicago-pro-am-2017/16120-winner-interviews-ifbb-chicago-pro-2017.html
thebull

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 03:08:00 AM »

Yeah muscular development covered it pretty darn well! He looked awesome.

Also a blast from the past but randomly on my facebook feed Jim Cordova updated his profile picture for the first time in years and if it is recent he looks frightening!
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 09:53:09 AM »

Holy moly! a win at an IFBB show is some achievement! How ere you following that Pete?
thebull

Email
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2017, 07:21:41 PM »

I face-stalked him mate but he was interviewed and he contest was well covered by musculardevelopment.com
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements