March 22, 2019, 02:08:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cosmetic Bodybuilding.  (Read 5955 times)
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 10:08:34 AM »

It is BNBF central. Report snippet and a picture below
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 10:53:19 AM »

Hard to tell just from one pic, but I observe the following from what I see:

- His tan is pale-ish, but certainly not to the point where it stops you seeing his physique clearly so he shouldn't be penalised for that
- He's clearly a margin away from being in "proper" contest condition, and likely to be more so from the back.  This will have hurt him, although the guys ahead of him are hardly shredded.
- As big as he is in some bodyparts (arms and calves look huge), due to his height he appears proportionately the lightest muscled guy in the class to my eyes.  From that shot, he appears to lack relative mass in the thighs (always a nemesis of the tall man) and a little depth in the upper body.

Not that I would ever dream of doing so, or thinking that it's an accurate way to go about things but if I WERE to judge that class on the strength of one picture, I'd have him 5th, with his tan not being a decisive factor in that decision.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 11:18:52 AM »

I have seen people with such awful tans it looks like they have been rolling around in a potato field

Great minds.....

Cheesy

Going by one picture is always dangerous (you were there, so obviously better positioned than the rest of us), but his tan looks 'ok' comparing to my examples above. He's got great potential (the shot above sees him leaning back somewhat, so harder to really gauge him fully) and going by the feedback (from the report and from Lee) his position would be easily rectified. As you mentioned the older days of the sport, the modern game has really evolved from a conditioning perspective, and this was also a large deciding factor along with his tan.
Jonsgym

Email
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2017, 12:03:29 PM »

Toby, you are correct,that is the contest I am talking about and that is the correct class and the correct guy. I have not written any other posts on here about this subject other than what can be seen now. So i don't know about any deleted post. I had to correct a couple of spelling mistakes on one of my posts, but no posts of mine have been deleted, at least not by me.
Jester, that particular picture does not do the guy on the left full justice, but I can see some of the points you are making, as he does look light in the thigh, though looking at him at the judging and show he looked complet and his back was good.
As many of you on here have pointed out, all things being equal, he would not have been placed 5th solely on his light tan ( or lack of ).
It may well be, that being from a very old school of bodybuilding, my preference is for the heavier, more Bill Pearl/Reg Park type of physique, and the darkness of tan not so important as it seems to be today.
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2017, 12:11:33 PM »

the darkness of tan not so important as it seems to be today.

In some shows, as already discussed.  I agree that it should not be, and uphold that ethos in ours.....
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2017, 12:15:46 PM »

Sorry Lee, a show was mentioned earlier but that comment is now not here so mine is out of sync.

As you say though, it does not fit the bill in a ukdfba show. No way no how.

No need to apologise fella.  I was concerned I'd lost my marbles and had started writing shit feedback just to help me flog a few bottles of tan for a minute.  Had to check.....

I nearly missed this. Post of the year contender. Makes me miss the busier days here
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2017, 12:30:52 PM »

I nearly missed this. Post of the year contender. Makes me miss the busier days here

My inbox has been rather busy with amused "emojis" since posting.  I'm quite proud.....
Jonsgym

Email
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 03:00:20 PM »

Reading the last couple of posts, it would appear, judging by the " in jokes ", that a member of the forum is in some way connected with tanning products. I had no knowledge of this when I first posted, and my post was not ment to be disrespectful to anyone connected with tanning products.
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2017, 03:22:31 PM »

Reading the last couple of posts, it would appear, judging by the " in jokes ", that a member of the forum is in some way connected with tanning products. I had no knowledge of this when I first posted, and my post was not ment to be disrespectful to anyone connected with tanning products.

Not at all mate.  In fact, you made a very valid point which I personally enjoyed discussing.  Keep them coming fella, as we've had a lack of decent threads on here of late.
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2017, 04:05:27 PM »

Not at all mate, to echo Jester this has been the best and most interesting thread here for a good while and I have enjoyed it. Slight confusion earlier over which contest and someone thought it was UKDFBA before obviously realising it wasn't and deleting the comment. It is a good reminder to people about ensuring they make sure the tan is on point - shame to work hard but then disadvantage yourself at the end. Tan and posing are two neglected parts of the final presented package.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements