April 26, 2019, 02:04:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pro Lineups for WNBF UK International announced!  (Read 3780 times)
Jester

WWW Email
« on: October 13, 2017, 06:05:28 PM »

Just over a week to go before the main event of the season, and these pro lineups alone are worth attending to see!

An elite UK contingent featuring Sam Watt, Damian Lees, Nigel St Lewis, Gordie Adam, Matt Argall, Stuart Mcculloch, Yvette Arthur and Lucy Walton will take on our biggest and mightiest crop of International visitors yet in Babacar Niang, Francesco Paleari, David Guggisberg, Flaviano Gelmini, Cristian Guastella, Daniela Camboni and Daniela Padovan in what promises to be a set of EPIC clashes for the titles at stake.

Like we said, these lineups will be worth the ticket price alone! If you don't have yours yet then get booked at.......

https://www.seetickets.com/event/ukdfba-u-k-international-championships/civic-hall-bedworth-bedworth/1064063
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 07:00:18 PM »

Do you know the probable or potential weight split yet Lee or any idea who will be in the heavy / light classes? Need to know who to check out on youtube / FB (apart from already stalking Damo and Stu  Grin )
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 09:04:18 PM »

There's no "probable" split mate.  It's been advertised at 170lb since day one. This was the mean average weight of every pro male who entered last years Worlds, hence sensibly the "halfway point" chosen.

Flaviano (who was runner up to Brian W at the Worlds in Atlantic City you were at), Matt, Stu, Damian and Cristian have entered the lights.  The other men have entered the heavies.
petrominator

WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 03:19:56 PM »

Can`t wait to watch this show. Hope to see most of you there. I am sure it will be great weekend.
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 08:37:15 AM »

So excited. See you there!
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 01:30:51 PM »

I would argue that was the best show I have attended, certainly right there amongst them. A strong NM crew in attendance - Jester (obviously), Galts, Matt, Monbeef, Belly, Dean, Lewis, Courtney, Jon Harris, Damo, Rich Walker, Nigel St Lewis and Oakesy. Plus Stuart McCulloch who I think has posted occasionally, ditto Mark Hesketh.

The standard was high with real depth and I cannot recall any physiques which were just making up the numbers (which can be the case sometimes). Every single winner worked his and hers socks off to be awarded the win and can sit back knowing they have taken a hardly fought title. The stage set up was the best I have seen with a real nice backdrop and superb lighting - a really fitting grand looking stage.

Pro standards was high with Sam Watt looking like he is realising his full potential, although he has the pro card I have previously felt he could be a touch tighter in the lower (did not see him at the WNBF Worlds, so maybe this was similar), but on this day he just looked sick! Quads were just thick, conditioned, separated.

In the Pro Lights, Matt came second and I felt that the winner could not have argued had Matt come first, but I am biased, judges know better than me and had the best seat in the house. It was really close to call and glad they had to do it and not me. They must have had some serious headaches on those classes, but in fairness we picked most winners so once again, judges get it right (plus Monbeef daughter also called them right!)

Well done to Dean who knocked it out of the park and I hear was a split call away from the oveall. Long ass day and I know he finds that a challenge, but he still nailed it.

Also, the photography looks first class, just one realised so far but I took a look, zoomed in hard and no loss of clarity which is exactly what competitors expect, deserve and are getting. Cannot wait to see more filter around social media.

Makes me thirsty to compete, really tempts me........which will last until Thursday when a double chocolate magnum proves a stronger temptation.
Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 08:29:32 PM »

Much looking forward to more pics and the report.

I'm sure we can find some good discussion points  Grin

Sam though  Shocked

Dean 👌🏼

Matt 👌🏼

Stage set up/lighting 👌🏼

My boy Ben Guest 👌🏼
DDG

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 11:30:15 PM »

Great day, and thanks Toby. Long ass day was an understatement. I'd been up 18 hours before hitting the stage but on reflection my two hour pump up before the lightweights surely tightened me up so I'll say thank you to serendipity for supplying the cuts.

All good, next stop Boston!

And a leg workout tonight just for good measure #Hardcore Cheesy
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 12:14:50 AM »

Aww look at that DDG is going to Boston. Knew he couldn't resist the lure of that WNBF pro tag he missed out on a couple of years ago.  Tongue

What your doing at 47 is inspiring mate jokes aside. I hope you get that win in Boston.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 09:52:34 AM »

It certainly was a stacked show! The judges certainly had their work cut out for them, especially in the junior class.
A very long day though for sure, and I was unable to watch it all due to having junior with me who was totally spent, and a 3.5 hour drive home too!
Great as ever catching up with the NM crew, plus everyone else!
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 01:04:13 PM »

Sounds like another amazing show - sorry I couldn't be there, but I did my best to keep up via people's instagram live streams etc Cheesy Big congrats to the new WNBF Pros, class winners, and to everyone Smiley Wishing the team a memorable trip to Boston.
Smithey

"I get knocked down but I get up again".

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 10:26:56 PM »

It was a great competition. The standards are just going up every year. Fifty is the "new"thirty!
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 10:46:11 AM »

Don't agree with Nigel's or Matt's placings not in the slightest.

I prefer that the UKDFBA doesn't just have a bunch of mates judging their mates but still some dodgy decisions going on perhaps from international judges looking through tinted specs I don't know. Judging in BBing is way too vague for me poor decision after poor decision especially at the top level it's not good to see.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements