February 23, 2019, 03:34:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I really expected to see more about diet and supplements on this forum  (Read 2410 times)
surfsteve

« on: August 25, 2017, 01:44:50 AM »

I really expected to see a lot more about diet and supplements on a forum dedicated to natural bodybuilding. Why is there so little here? Vince Gironda said that diet was more than 80% of bodybuilding. I've always believed that. Being just around the corner from 60 years of age I feel lucky to still be in good health. A few years ago I had a small pot belly going on and my hair started turning gray. I read about raw glandulars but couldn't afford them so I started buying organ meat, freezing it and making it into smoothies. I've lost 30 pounds and my hair actually turned back to it's natural color. I was supplement free till about a month ago and was exhibiting signs of magnesium deficiency. In addition to magnesium I've started back on a few supplements but I'm leery of them because I was doing a ton of them when my hair started turning gray. I'm really not sure if it was the supplements or the fact that I thought I didn't need to eat as healthy because I was taking them.
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 05:20:27 AM »

This forum was absolutely booming for years, mate, and really was the best on the net as it had some good experts and some good pros all mucking in with advice and other fun. Unfortunately I think the social media scene spoiled it a little.
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 05:14:17 PM »

What kind of information were you looking for?
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 11:02:21 AM »

There's only so much you can talk about regarding nutrition before you start going round in circles.
surfsteve

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 05:30:20 PM »

I totally disagree. We are going around in circles every day 365 times a year all the time. Scientists in the 1930's thought that there was nothing left to discover and that new inventions would soon come to a halt. Though I have noticed that everyone hear uses the same 26 letters to the alphabet over and over. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements