January 23, 2019, 06:05:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 UKDFBA Northern Counties - Results & Pics  (Read 4571 times)
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« on: September 06, 2017, 12:30:59 PM »

Report and pics now live on the UKDFBA website...

http://www.drugfreebodybuilding.co.uk/2017northern.shtml

Another well ran show with terrific standard throughout!

Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 12:35:41 PM »

Some great shots there!
Surprised to see Marcus Beales in the LW's as I know he was struggling with a mystery illness.  Well done to him.
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 01:16:07 PM »

Looks to be another fantastically high standard
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 11:08:16 PM »

Some great shots there!
Surprised to see Marcus Beales in the LW's as I know he was struggling with a mystery illness.  Well done to him.

Yes mate, Marcus spent most of last year ill and unable to train and did really well to make it back to the stage in such good shape.  Especially since he had his wedding, his honeymoon and fasting for Ramadan all during his last couple of months of prep too!
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 07:42:08 AM »

Some great shots there!

Yes mate, Marcus spent most of last year ill and unable to train and did really well to make it back to the stage in such good shape.  Especially since he had his wedding, his honeymoon and fasting for Ramadan all during his last couple of months of prep too!

Heck that is a great effort by him, is he still working with Damo ?

Looks another solid show and the physique guys look fantastic, if the quads match they could do great with budgie smugglers on too
Damo NY

www.damianleestailoredfitness.co.uk

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 09:56:31 AM »

Some great shots there!

Heck that is a great effort by him, is he still working with Damo ?

Looks another solid show and the physique guys look fantastic, if the quads match they could do great with budgie smugglers on too

Yes Toby. We're still working together.

I wanted Marcus to take this year out ideally to enjoy his honeymoon properly and take the time out needed to improve to make more of an impact, however couldn't talk him out of it! He did great though and will be competing in the finals.

Great show and atmosphere with some very impressive physiques. Standouts for me were AJ Morris, Dan Lampard and the Lightweight and Miss Physique winners (sorry can't remember their names).
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 10:25:46 AM »

That's great to hear (about Marcus). Give him a cheery hello from me next time you chat to him - he's a good guy and I haven't seen him around on social media for ages. Glad to hear life is going well for him  Smiley
bigjack1989

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 01:26:55 PM »

I competed in this show and it was my first with the UKDFBA - I must say, everybody was very helpful and friendly on the day. I will stick with the UKDFBA for all my future competitions as for somebody who is new to competing, its nice to feel like the federation actually gives a shit lol
surfsteve

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 10:00:10 PM »

What is the age range in the grand masters category?
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 10:09:44 PM »

What is the age range in the grand masters category?

Over 50 years fella.
Jonsgym

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 06:18:27 AM »

Do you guys think, that as there seems to be more and more, mature category men and women entering contests these days, that an added incentive to spur them on would be to introduce extra age category's.
Looking at reports of Natural Bodybuilding contests in the USA, many of them have, 60+ and 70+ divisions.
Many older contestants, say in their late sixties and seventies, know that realistically they would have a hard job beating someone in their 50's, but on an age group for age group line up they can compet, and have a chance of sucess.
The demographics of society in general is changing and the, " Saga section " is now a very active and wealthy part of the mix. They have completly changed the way we view older people, as now they are a vast percentage of the leisure industry, and health clubs, gyms, and sports centers, they have unlimited time to do what they want and in many cases the money to do it.
There may be somthing I am missing here, with regard to age categories, but where the USA goes in our game we usually follow, so why stop the categories at 50?
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 12:32:23 PM »

Do you guys think, that as there seems to be more and more, mature category men and women entering contests these days, that an added incentive to spur them on would be to introduce extra age category's.
Looking at reports of Natural Bodybuilding contests in the USA, many of them have, 60+ and 70+ divisions.
Many older contestants, say in their late sixties and seventies, know that realistically they would have a hard job beating someone in their 50's, but on an age group for age group line up they can compet, and have a chance of sucess.
The demographics of society in general is changing and the, " Saga section " is now a very active and wealthy part of the mix. They have completly changed the way we view older people, as now they are a vast percentage of the leisure industry, and health clubs, gyms, and sports centers, they have unlimited time to do what they want and in many cases the money to do it.
There may be somthing I am missing here, with regard to age categories, but where the USA goes in our game we usually follow, so why stop the categories at 50?

The BNBF do offer those classes, at the British anyway, I'm not sure about regional shows, but they have quite limited numbers - for obvious reasons!  But I do agree there could potentially be a big difference from someone 50, to someone who's say 59. 
Jonsgym

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 02:17:12 PM »

The thing is Matt, that unless you have these classes at regional leval, you do not encourage people to see they would have a chance in their own older age group. As a first time competitor, how would he or she get to the British finals in the first place, as they would not have entered any regional because they did not promote their age group in the competitions leading up to the finals.
You gotta start at first point of entry, in order to grow the organization, by enlarging its membership/competitors through encouraging a larger number of people to enter, in divisions they themselves feel they have a fighting chance in.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 03:08:04 PM »

The thing is Matt, that unless you have these classes at regional leval, you do not encourage people to see they would have a chance in their own older age group. As a first time competitor, how would he or she get to the British finals in the first place, as they would not have entered any regional because they did not promote their age group in the competitions leading up to the finals.
You gotta start at first point of entry, in order to grow the organization, by enlarging its membership/competitors through encouraging a larger number of people to enter, in divisions they themselves feel they have a fighting chance in.

It's often a case of catch 22 though isn't it.  No classes due to no entrants.  I believe generally how it works, is that if there is a class of say, 5 in the O50's, and one is in his 60's, he would get judged separately and by rights go through to the finals.  If this were to happen at 4 qualifiers, then that 'may' result in a dedicated class of 4 in a finals.  There are options there, but the bigger problem is getting those people on stage to warrant it. 
Jonsgym

Email
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 05:45:10 PM »

Got it. It is catch 22, maybe if on the BNBA website it pushed the fact that you can still be a winner at any age, and then outlined the various age groups, it would encourage more of the "Grey Posing Trunk " brigade. As they, I believe, have the most disposable income of any strata of the population and any number of  natural bodybuilding associated companies would benifit. Supplements, equipment, clothing.
I was a track cyclist ( sprinter ), as well as competitive bodybuilder, and  every year they have a masters world championships, with age categories in 5 year sections from 35 to 90+, and all categories are well represented, admittedly only a few in the 90+, but then, if you are still breathing at that age, let alone race a bike round a velodrome, your a winner.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements